R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2002, 12:33 AM   #3136
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 67
Send a message via ICQ to rbgti
Default

RR side pulley? Do you mean change side pulley from 27t to 25t?

The guys who run RR's in my shop did the change to 24t's in the back. Our pro/mechanic describes the results of the conversion as
" WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! VEWY FAWST!!!! "

I'm not sure what it does to the actual drive to either end. There is a way to calculate that but I lost the site with all the formulas to do that =)

I've been reading on it from some guys in Hong Kong who are very familiar with this conversion. He said his O.S TR powered RR will take out JP and RB powered RR's, due to the conversion.

My mechanic seems to be convinced that this conversion is the hot set-up as well. But, then you have to figure out the gearing to suit your track as well.

To compensate for loss of punch due to the larger pulleys, you have to change the pinion gears to 15t/19t. If you run on a larger track my mechanic says the stock 16/20 will do. For an even bigger track with crazy grip and speed, 16/21t's and up, plus you could switch the spurs to 49/45t's.

There's more to it as soon as I remember....
rbgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 04:58 AM   #3137
Tech Elite
 
VenomWorldOrder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: www.RCunderground.net
Posts: 4,063
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rbgti


The guys who run RR's in my shop did the change to 24t's in the back. Our pro/mechanic describes the results of the conversion as
" WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! VEWY FAWST!!!! "

well i run on a pritty big track. how does he fit the 24 T pulley? with the stock rear belt or the longer 210 belt?

is the 24T available from kawaharra?
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 06:38 AM   #3138
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rbgti
RR side pulley? Do you mean change side pulley from 27t to 25t?

The guys who run RR's in my shop did the change to 24t's in the back. Our pro/mechanic describes the results of the conversion as
" WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! VEWY FAWST!!!! "

I'm not sure what it does to the actual drive to either end. There is a way to calculate that but I lost the site with all the formulas to do that =)

I've been reading on it from some guys in Hong Kong who are very familiar with this conversion. He said his O.S TR powered RR will take out JP and RB powered RR's, due to the conversion.

My mechanic seems to be convinced that this conversion is the hot set-up as well. But, then you have to figure out the gearing to suit your track as well.

To compensate for loss of punch due to the larger pulleys, you have to change the pinion gears to 15t/19t. If you run on a larger track my mechanic says the stock 16/20 will do. For an even bigger track with crazy grip and speed, 16/21t's and up, plus you could switch the spurs to 49/45t's.

There's more to it as soon as I remember....
OS TR wont have the torque to punch with the 24T pulley on the main shaft even with 15/19 out of corner.

About mid oneway. it is a oneway bearing built in the 24T pulley on the mid shaft. It has less effect on foam tire racing but definitely good for rubber tire as this will give you better off power steering.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 06:40 AM   #3139
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


OS TR wont have the torque to punch with the 24T pulley on the main shaft even with 15/19 out of corner.

About mid oneway. it is a oneway bearing built in the 24T pulley on the mid shaft. It has less effect on foam tire racing but definitely good for rubber tire as this will give you better off power steering.
Is this the dual 24T with HN belt conversion for big tracks??? Never got round to playing with that!!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 06:43 AM   #3140
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm


Is this the dual 24T with HN belt conversion for big tracks??? Never got round to playing with that!!!!
well, they are from 3 racing. the kit includes 2 24T pulley and two belts which replace the long and rear belt since you have bigger pulley on.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 06:45 AM   #3141
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


well, they are from 3 racing. the kit includes 2 24T pulley and two belts which replace the long and rear belt since you have bigger pulley on.
Oh! They made it an "offical" conversion now!!!!! I guess someone had to make some money from it!

Manticore- Have you got your name on one of those JP 5 ports yet???
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 06:47 AM   #3142
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm


Oh! They made it an "offical" conversion now!!!!! I guess someone had to make some money from it!

Manticore- Have you got your name on one of those JP 5 ports yet???
JP sucks !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 06:48 AM   #3143
Tech Master
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: sleepy town
Posts: 1,279
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


well, they are from 3 racing. the kit includes 2 24T pulley and two belts which replace the long and rear belt since you have bigger pulley on.
manti.. what effect does the 24 tooth actuallt do to the RR??/
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 06:49 AM   #3144
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


JP sucks !
You're not supposed to say that....there are a lot of people on the forum who "swear" by them!!!!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 06:49 AM   #3145
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack


manti.. what effect does the 24 tooth actuallt do to the RR??/
Screws up your final drive ratio to give you a lower gearing!!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 06:52 AM   #3146
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


JP sucks !
I agree! Overrated and heavily priced for the small gain.

I've seen the new S3 pass these easily down the straight.
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 06:53 AM   #3147
Tech Master
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: sleepy town
Posts: 1,279
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm


Screws up your final drive ratio to give you a lower gearing!!!!
hhahaha.. maybe that what i need...
I am waiting for ern to get his V1RR>. then we can play together...
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 06:59 AM   #3148
Tech Master
 
Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: sleepy town
Posts: 1,279
Default

hey Manti,
Ernest is thinking of getting a new engine.. but he say that is dont like to break in new engine.....
how????
you run in for him and send it over???
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 12:21 AM   #3149
Tech Addict
 
compaq888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 717
Send a message via AIM to compaq888
Default

wow i read some of the stuff here, I going to go with the v one r, cause the v one rr comes with a centex clutch which i never tuned before and a one way, I don't like one ways cause my track has sharp turns, what are the first mods i should get, I heard the front cvd's are a must, after i get the cvd's what should i get after?
compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 12:57 AM   #3150
Tech Master
 
hurhur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack


hhahaha.. maybe that what i need...
I am waiting for ern to get his V1RR>. then we can play together...
dont forget me!
im ready to slug it out with you guys with my MTX2.

hurhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:02 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net