Originally Posted by buboy28
nikki: it will be available next week forgot the price though
ok.. thanks. kindly post the price if ever.. thanks
Old 08-30-2007, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikkiesteban
ok.. thanks. kindly post the price if ever.. thanks
hey nikki, I suggest you get it online at rc champ... It's cheaper and might as well get the bumper support (CF type) and some spare belts...
Old 08-31-2007, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Hey nikki, did you make yourself one already??? The 16 balls ball diff???
Old 08-31-2007, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34
Hey nikki, did you make yourself one already??? The 16 balls ball diff???
not yet.. i'll let you know if ever.
just want to ask if your balldiff pulley has some slop/play left to right? because my stock balldiff has some play left and right and for me the tightness of the diff is enough but it has some play left and right.
but if i will compress both diff joints and rotate them its very smooth.

i think the differential plates are not fully attached or close to the balls thats why its not smooth. but if i will compress it and rotate them its smooth..
Old 08-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

not yet.. i'll let you know if ever.
just want to ask if your balldiff pulley has some slop/play left to right? because my stock balldiff has some play left and right and for me the tightness of the diff is enough but it has some play left and right.
but if i will compress both diff joints and rotate them its very smooth.

i think the differential plates are not fully attached or close to the balls thats why its not smooth. but if i will compress it and rotate them its smooth..
What do you mean by play left and right??? When you move it, it goes to the left a little bit and vice versa??? If so, only my front one way is like that but my rear isn't... But the whole diff is moving left and right but the diff (pulley) itself is not... Gets??? Tighten the diffs as if you cannot turn it anymore but hand (fingers in this case) and afterwards, tighten it using the an allen wrench and try to tighten it maybe 5 degrees more or atleast less than 10 degrees... This is what I do so that it wont get loose after runs...

About the 16 balls, let me know ASAP you make one ha...
Old 08-31-2007, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

What do you mean by play left and right??? When you move it, it goes to the left a little bit and vice versa??? If so, only my front one way is like that but my rear isn't... But the whole diff is moving left and right but the diff (pulley) itself is not... Gets??? Tighten the diffs as if you cannot turn it anymore but hand (fingers in this case) and afterwards, tighten it using the an allen wrench and try to tighten it maybe 5 degrees more or atleast less than 10 degrees... This is what I do so that it wont get loose after runs...

About the 16 balls, let me know ASAP you make one ha...
ok i'll let you know. about the diff moving left and right. its only the balldiff pulley that's moving.. not the whole balldiff itself. but if i will fully tighten the balldiff. it will not move.. i think i need to tighten the diff a little bit more..
Old 08-31-2007, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

ok i'll let you know. about the diff moving left and right. its only the balldiff pulley that's moving.. not the whole balldiff itself. but if i will fully tighten the balldiff. it will not move.. i think i need to tighten the diff a little bit more..
oh okay... I think that natural... Mine does also but the 16 balls baldiff, I don't know about the stock ball diff though... Regarding the front one way... Does yours move left and right, the whole thing??? Kindly check and tell me if it does... Thanks...
Old 08-31-2007, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

oh okay... I think that natural... Mine does also but the 16 balls baldiff, I don't know about the stock ball diff though... Regarding the front one way... Does yours move left and right, the whole thing??? Kindly check and tell me if it does... Thanks...
no, it doesn't move. why?
Old 08-31-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

no, it doesn't move. why?
Mine does...... Maybe I put the front bulkhead to far away from the oneway... Even just a little???
Old 08-31-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Mine does...... Maybe I put the front bulkhead to far away from the oneway... Even just a little???
it does move but only a very very little action.. try to disassemble and put it back again.. mine's also moving before then i dissassembled it and put it back and its fine now..
Old 08-31-2007, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

it does move but only a very very little action.. try to disassemble and put it back again.. mine's also moving before then i dissassembled it and put it back and its fine now..
oh okay... Thanks bro... Will try to disassemble it later when I get home from school...
Old 09-01-2007, 12:39 AM
Tech Master

any people who complains about the stock ta05ms balldiff??
Old 09-01-2007, 01:20 AM
Tech Regular

There usually is some play between the bearings in the diff holder in the bulkhead and the diff/one-way/spool. Use shims to take some of the play away. But if you make it too tight, you'll lose drivetrain efficiency.

nikkiesteban, my ball diff works fine. Is your's malfunctioning?
Old 09-01-2007, 01:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

any people who complains about the stock ta05ms balldiff??
mine works fine.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HI_808
There usually is some play between the bearings in the diff holder in the bulkhead and the diff/one-way/spool. Use shims to take some of the play away. But if you make it too tight, you'll lose drivetrain efficiency.

nikkiesteban, my ball diff works fine. Is your's malfunctioning?
yap i think so.. it's not so smooth compared to other diffs.. i built my diff as per instructions.. what do you think? if i will rotate on wheel at the rear while holding the spur the balldiff doesn't feel smooth and you can actually feel its a bit rough (in tight setting. for me tight setting is if you cant actually rotate the spur by holding two rear wheels)... and if i set it a bit loose i can't accelerate as a tight diff.. maybe doing the 16 balls will be good for me atleast..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.