R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2007, 03:04 AM   #511
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buboy28 View Post
nikki: it will be available next week forgot the price though
ok.. thanks. kindly post the price if ever.. thanks
__________________
hello miss, puwede pa bind?
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:14 AM   #512
Tech Master
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiesteban View Post
ok.. thanks. kindly post the price if ever.. thanks
hey nikki, I suggest you get it online at rc champ... It's cheaper and might as well get the bumper support (CF type) and some spare belts...
__________________
TAMIYA TRF416

[Tamiya] [Hot Bodies]

[Futaba] [SpeedPassion] [LRP] [YeahRacing] [3Racing] [Imax]
Xanavi_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:26 PM   #513
Tech Master
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Hey nikki, did you make yourself one already??? The 16 balls ball diff???
__________________
TAMIYA TRF416

[Tamiya] [Hot Bodies]

[Futaba] [SpeedPassion] [LRP] [YeahRacing] [3Racing] [Imax]
Xanavi_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:09 PM   #514
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
Hey nikki, did you make yourself one already??? The 16 balls ball diff???
not yet.. i'll let you know if ever.
just want to ask if your balldiff pulley has some slop/play left to right? because my stock balldiff has some play left and right and for me the tightness of the diff is enough but it has some play left and right.
but if i will compress both diff joints and rotate them its very smooth.

i think the differential plates are not fully attached or close to the balls thats why its not smooth. but if i will compress it and rotate them its smooth..
__________________
hello miss, puwede pa bind?
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:33 PM   #515
Tech Master
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiesteban View Post
not yet.. i'll let you know if ever.
just want to ask if your balldiff pulley has some slop/play left to right? because my stock balldiff has some play left and right and for me the tightness of the diff is enough but it has some play left and right.
but if i will compress both diff joints and rotate them its very smooth.

i think the differential plates are not fully attached or close to the balls thats why its not smooth. but if i will compress it and rotate them its smooth..
What do you mean by play left and right??? When you move it, it goes to the left a little bit and vice versa??? If so, only my front one way is like that but my rear isn't... But the whole diff is moving left and right but the diff (pulley) itself is not... Gets??? Tighten the diffs as if you cannot turn it anymore but hand (fingers in this case) and afterwards, tighten it using the an allen wrench and try to tighten it maybe 5 degrees more or atleast less than 10 degrees... This is what I do so that it wont get loose after runs...

About the 16 balls, let me know ASAP you make one ha...
__________________
TAMIYA TRF416

[Tamiya] [Hot Bodies]

[Futaba] [SpeedPassion] [LRP] [YeahRacing] [3Racing] [Imax]
Xanavi_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:22 PM   #516
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
What do you mean by play left and right??? When you move it, it goes to the left a little bit and vice versa??? If so, only my front one way is like that but my rear isn't... But the whole diff is moving left and right but the diff (pulley) itself is not... Gets??? Tighten the diffs as if you cannot turn it anymore but hand (fingers in this case) and afterwards, tighten it using the an allen wrench and try to tighten it maybe 5 degrees more or atleast less than 10 degrees... This is what I do so that it wont get loose after runs...

About the 16 balls, let me know ASAP you make one ha...
ok i'll let you know. about the diff moving left and right. its only the balldiff pulley that's moving.. not the whole balldiff itself. but if i will fully tighten the balldiff. it will not move.. i think i need to tighten the diff a little bit more..
__________________
hello miss, puwede pa bind?
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:59 PM   #517
Tech Master
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiesteban View Post
ok i'll let you know. about the diff moving left and right. its only the balldiff pulley that's moving.. not the whole balldiff itself. but if i will fully tighten the balldiff. it will not move.. i think i need to tighten the diff a little bit more..
oh okay... I think that natural... Mine does also but the 16 balls baldiff, I don't know about the stock ball diff though... Regarding the front one way... Does yours move left and right, the whole thing??? Kindly check and tell me if it does... Thanks...
__________________
TAMIYA TRF416

[Tamiya] [Hot Bodies]

[Futaba] [SpeedPassion] [LRP] [YeahRacing] [3Racing] [Imax]
Xanavi_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:23 PM   #518
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
oh okay... I think that natural... Mine does also but the 16 balls baldiff, I don't know about the stock ball diff though... Regarding the front one way... Does yours move left and right, the whole thing??? Kindly check and tell me if it does... Thanks...
no, it doesn't move. why?
__________________
hello miss, puwede pa bind?
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:29 PM   #519
Tech Master
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiesteban View Post
no, it doesn't move. why?
Mine does...... Maybe I put the front bulkhead to far away from the oneway... Even just a little???
__________________
TAMIYA TRF416

[Tamiya] [Hot Bodies]

[Futaba] [SpeedPassion] [LRP] [YeahRacing] [3Racing] [Imax]
Xanavi_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:44 PM   #520
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
Mine does...... Maybe I put the front bulkhead to far away from the oneway... Even just a little???
it does move but only a very very little action.. try to disassemble and put it back again.. mine's also moving before then i dissassembled it and put it back and its fine now..
__________________
hello miss, puwede pa bind?
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:23 PM   #521
Tech Master
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiesteban View Post
it does move but only a very very little action.. try to disassemble and put it back again.. mine's also moving before then i dissassembled it and put it back and its fine now..
oh okay... Thanks bro... Will try to disassemble it later when I get home from school...
__________________
TAMIYA TRF416

[Tamiya] [Hot Bodies]

[Futaba] [SpeedPassion] [LRP] [YeahRacing] [3Racing] [Imax]
Xanavi_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:39 AM   #522
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

any people who complains about the stock ta05ms balldiff??
__________________
hello miss, puwede pa bind?
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 02:20 AM   #523
Tech Regular
 
HI_808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 359
Default

There usually is some play between the bearings in the diff holder in the bulkhead and the diff/one-way/spool. Use shims to take some of the play away. But if you make it too tight, you'll lose drivetrain efficiency.

nikkiesteban, my ball diff works fine. Is your's malfunctioning?
HI_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 02:37 AM   #524
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiesteban View Post
any people who complains about the stock ta05ms balldiff??
mine works fine.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:41 AM   #525
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI_808 View Post
There usually is some play between the bearings in the diff holder in the bulkhead and the diff/one-way/spool. Use shims to take some of the play away. But if you make it too tight, you'll lose drivetrain efficiency.

nikkiesteban, my ball diff works fine. Is your's malfunctioning?
yap i think so.. it's not so smooth compared to other diffs.. i built my diff as per instructions.. what do you think? if i will rotate on wheel at the rear while holding the spur the balldiff doesn't feel smooth and you can actually feel its a bit rough (in tight setting. for me tight setting is if you cant actually rotate the spur by holding two rear wheels)... and if i set it a bit loose i can't accelerate as a tight diff.. maybe doing the 16 balls will be good for me atleast..
__________________
hello miss, puwede pa bind?
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Ta05ms subaru73 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 10-02-2008 07:25 PM
Tamiya TA05MS Italian racer R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 03-24-2008 09:53 PM
FS: Tamiya TA05MS Hebiki R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 02-01-2008 06:30 PM
FS: TAMIYA TA05MS ONE RUN! Chris Furman R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 10-20-2007 05:16 AM
TAMIYA TA05MS m3ndo5a R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-14-2007 11:24 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:40 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net