Wiki Posts
Search

New SS13.5 Pro Stock Brushless Motor

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
You must have not eaten your salad ...you're all grumpy and mean today!
You should make sure he washes his hands before he eats.....grandpa.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So is the new one sintered or not?

Originally Posted by Charlie
Officially: The internals of the motors are the same. The Core Stator, the Rotor, the bearings, all remained the same parts. Only the ribbed endbells and soldertabs changed.

3413 part number is the updated motor now. The original 3413 is not being built.

We were very wary of going this route as lots of tracks have adopted 13.5 classes, or allowed them in stock, but sintered stuff is just so much easier to work with. Temps go down, and if you happen to overheat, there isn't really a problem or fade in the motor. Just let it cool and it's good as new.

Don't forget guys, you can always email us directly. [email protected] for tech questions. [email protected] for Customer Service.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Well, I would hope a track could figure out if a guy "made his own motor". It's not an easy thing to do, but you're right, someone could. Lots of things "could" happen.

BL motors are for sure different the BR motors. No question. But a V8 runs different then a v12 too. Again, I don't think the intention here is to run Brushed and Brushless together. This is more of an answer for clubs that have racers that "want to race" but don't want to monkey with motors. I've gotten mixed reports from racers and tracks. Fast guys are fast guys, and most will sing the praise of BL's extra practice times, lower down time, and more track time. Not the power. Practice does a lot more then horsepower.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

All of the Pro and Veliciti Series motors will have Sintered Rotors. So it's sintered now.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Oh Jeez, I almost forgot, I love the internet. My email is [email protected]
Old 03-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Hey charlie i remember seeing at trackside during the novak race that you had some 13.5 motors with the upgrades already done to them.... is this how the motors are now being sold or would i have to get the upgrade stuff if i bought a 13.5...... There will be a stock brushless class next year in the midwest allstar series and i'd like to pick up a 13.5 sometime soon.

thanks
mike
Old 03-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

The 3413 motor, the 13.5 is sold with the Sintered Rotor and the Ribbed Endbells. Additionally it has the color coded ring to make Tech easy.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I wash my hands like people in texas ..Isnt that good enough?
Old 03-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 4.5 rotor sintered?

Hey Charlie and Steve, wanted to second those that have expressed appreciation for your efforts here on the forum.

Is the rotor out of 4.5 Novak BL motor a sintered rotor?

Is it the same rotor that is included in the upgrade kit or the 13.5 pro?
Old 03-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shodaman
Hey Charlie and Steve, wanted to second those that have expressed appreciation for your efforts here on the forum.
Me to!!
Old 03-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
If your 13.5 is slower than a good stock motor your not doing something right. I have never seen a 13.5 slower than a stock motor unless it not geared right or the driver isn't that good. The 13.5 when geared right with a good driver is more like a 19T motor in terms of speed.
It couldn't have been said more to the point!
Old 03-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
for me the whole damn point of brushless is that I don't have to tweak them... for me, i am hoping these become the new "silver can" motors.. if you touch them, your cheating... motors should also be rated in watts, not winds... i'm sorry if it puts folks like the ones above out of business, but in the long run it is better for the hobby...
Why would you want to put me out of business? I didn't do anything. I'm certainly not a brushless expert, I'm learning about them along with everybody else. Also, as a track owner, I'm doing my best to try and merge the 2 technologies while we go through this transition phase. Not sure what I said to deserve the comments you made. While there are some that say it doesn't make a difference, or the difference is marginal, the fact is, it can be done, and without any cutting/breaking or modifying. Simply losen screws, turn, retighten. Easy enough. So to me, it was made to do that. I would guess (notice I said guess) if the manufacturers didn't want the timing to be played with, they would have locked that piece some how. Then the only think you could do to the 4300 for example, would be the ribbed can and sintered rotor. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just the point that people were saying/hoping that these would level the playing field, by not having to tweak them. well, ya can, and those that believe there is a difference will until there are rules against doing so.

I too am glad novak is watching these threads. It's good when they give insight.

I do have a question about the whole timing thing...based on turning timing down..motor stays cooler per Charlies post, wouldn't that be a good thing. Don't the magnets work better cooler then they do hot? I know it also depends on the type of magnets as well. Some are more suseptable to heat then others. So if the motor is cooler, you could throw another tooth at it?
Also, when you say it's like going up/down a tooth..would you consider that at 48P or 64P?

also, moving the torque/rpm around.. I would think that would be good information to know. Oval guys (and gals) might want more of their torqe at the high RPM range where as RoadCourse guys (and gals) might want the torqe down a little lower to help get out of corners/hairpins quicker. All this of course, would depend on the track itself, weather it's large and flowing or small and tight.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Oh my, the put the people out of business arguement....I love it...

Do me a favor, take what you make tallyrc in 2006.....times that by 20 or more....and I paid that in taxes in 2006...I am not going anywhere, anytime soon...

Besides......brushless = more battery sales....so I am hardly worried...not to mention we can dyno and cherry pick the best brushless motors.......all the same, just a new product.

Later EddieO
Old 03-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by EddieO
Oh my, the put the people out of business arguement....I love it...

Do me a favor, take what you make tallyrc in 2006.....times that by 20 or more....and I paid that in taxes in 2006...I am not going anywhere, anytime soon...

Besides......brushless = more battery sales....so I am hardly worried...not to mention we can dyno and cherry pick the best brushless motors.......all the same, just a new product.

Later EddieO

makes for a nice deduction but, just for a while...
Old 03-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Oh cherry.....how little you know about business and taxes.....br00d is under the same tax number as my main business.....which is IMPOSSIBLE to lose money....I don't deduct anything really.....all cake man....all cake.

Later EddieO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.