Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 11:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ColbyRichards
Spray simple green into the wheel, scrub with a medium Scotch brite pad and then wipe off with a paper towel. Cleans them up really nicely. Any degreaser will work too.

Great tip!
Thank you!
Old 09-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NICEALLDAY
Great tip!
Thank you!
You're welcome! I was just trying things and it made them look brand new!

Old 09-02-2013, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Since this the Jconcepts Thread, I thought I would suggest a few bodies for the Traxxas Rally.
Chevy Sonic (couldn't get a photo of the "real" thing so I used this)
Ford Fiesta
Dodge Dart

That is all
Old 09-02-2013, 07:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm.sorry but if you want to suggest rally bodies can we get some real rally shells? audi quattro s1, subaru , Mitsubishi evo, Peugeot 206, lancia delta etc etc... over the chevy somethingorother.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by getloose
I'm.sorry but if you want to suggest rally bodies can we get some real rally shells? audi quattro s1, subaru , Mitsubishi evo, Peugeot 206, lancia delta etc etc... over the chevy somethingorother.
While I respect your enthusiasm, you can already get pretty much all of those in 1oth scale and/or 8th scale. Like I said, I couldn't get a picture of the real Moro Racing Sonic rally car so I used that one.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:00 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sc10racer96
The motor plate for the AE cars that was just released is that lighter than the AVID vented plate or the AE FT plate? Can you guys think about making a black front hinge pin brace, Black rear hubs, black shock collars and bottom(thin that holds the O-ring). Thank you.
I'm not sure what the weight difference is, but durability/function was our major priority. Sorry, but we are not into personal customization... Seriously though, we don't make most of those items and no plans at the moment.

What about fluorescent pink wheels? it would go great with my scheme!
Nope...sorry

How many ribbed cups does one kit of ballcups come with?
Any chance the the new ballcups will come in yellow?
14 ribbed cups/14 square cups/4 angled cups/4 shorty ribbed cups

No yellow cups do to type of material used.

Pw is there any chance you guys will make the mono's for 1/10 gloss?
It's been discussed and might be a future product, but nothing new in the short term future.

Since this the Jconcepts Thread, I thought I would suggest a few bodies for the Traxxas Rally.
It's been discussed, but never makes the priority list It would have to be a generic brand or something we already have licensing for (Ford, Chevy, Nissan), so it does limit our options.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PW

It's been discussed, but never makes the priority list It would have to be a generic brand or something we already have licensing for (Ford, Chevy, Nissan), so it does limit our options.
So pretty much the Chevy/Ford licensing is for some reason not allowing for licensed Sonic and/or Fiesta bodies? (nevermind the Dart, I can see why you might have problems there.) That's a bummer. At the very least, how about a high performance (Read: Durability) body that can be passed off as one with some custom decals and a cool paintjob. Either way, I hope you eventually get clearance for those, They would rock!

EDIT: I would love to see you all get creative with Nissan
Old 09-04-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Default New Ballcups

the 4 shorty ball cups included, are they for servo to bell crank link ? If so they are way to long for my B4, do they need to be cut down or are they for a different purpose ?
Old 09-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Just got around to painting the jconcepts body I got a few weeks ago, and I went to peel off the window masks, and was met with a sticky, residue-y mess. Not happy, the body is pretty messed up.

I love your stuff JC, but try window masks like prolines. Till then, I'll be using proline.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Ever any plans to do the hi-flow body pre-cut out? like the tlr body.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntJeff
Just got around to painting the jconcepts body I got a few weeks ago, and I went to peel off the window masks, and was met with a sticky, residue-y mess. Not happy, the body is pretty messed up.

I love your stuff JC, but try window masks like prolines. Till then, I'll be using proline.
I've been using paint masks for over a decade and a couple bodies ago I used one that left an awful mess like you had. And what a pain to get the glue residue off and not mess up the paint that I had put down already.
I think that mask had sat on amains shelves for way too long or something and the same thing was probably your issue as well.
I have never had an issue with jconcepts or prolines window masks. I think you got some old stock.

Rubbing alcohol will take it right off though and the windows are an easy area to work on.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)

First off, the Clash looks like tons of fun, wish I was there and what a great event. Quick question, is there a TLR 3.0e body from jconcepts in the works?
Old 09-10-2013, 06:31 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CHARLIE BROWN
So pretty much the Chevy/Ford licensing is for some reason not allowing for licensed Sonic and/or Fiesta bodies? (nevermind the Dart, I can see why you might have problems there.) That's a bummer. At the very least, how about a high performance (Read: Durability) body that can be passed off as one with some custom decals and a cool paintjob. Either way, I hope you eventually get clearance for those, They would rock!

EDIT: I would love to see you all get creative with Nissan
We are open with any of the Ford, Chevy, and Nissan vehicles. Just a matter of deciding if the project has a big enough demand.

the 4 shorty ball cups included, are they for servo to bell crank link ? If so they are way to long for my B4, do they need to be cut down or are they for a different purpose ?
They are for the swaybar kit (we offer for the AE vehicles).

Sorry to hear that you had some issues, but I deal with a lot of painters and they always tell us we have the "BEST" window mask. I also work with this mask on a weekly basis and never experienced this issue. Sounds like something out of the ordinary happened; left the mask on for a few weeks or something of that nature. May just got some bad material. Contacting us directly and maybe we can help [email protected]

Ever any plans to do the hi-flow body pre-cut out? like the tlr body.
It's in discussion.

First off, the Clash looks like tons of fun, wish I was there and what a great event. Quick question, is there a TLR 3.0e body from jconcepts in the works?
The Clash was awesome and we had a great time! Yes, we are working on the 3.0e body .
Old 09-10-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Any chance we'll see some tires for the RC-10 Classic that will fit the stock wheels???
Old 09-10-2013, 07:55 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CTRJ
Any chance we'll see some tires for the RC-10 Classic that will fit the stock wheels???
We do have several RC10 Classic items in the works, but we will have to see when the car is released regarding the wheels, etc...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.