Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Super Size discussion

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Default super

Whats the word on the hpi r40? Is this car out and whats the cost?
Old 06-11-2003, 08:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Not yet, but you have to figure if it's going to try to get some market share, probably around the cost of a Mugen, don't you think~?
Old 06-11-2003, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default super

Randy t thanks for your time, It's nice to be able to pick brains for R/C experience. I'm looking at a super right now its used, but it sounds like a good deal. Can you think of anything really wrong with this car?
Old 06-11-2003, 08:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Mine doesn't even look like a Super anymore so it's hard to say. The guy at the LHS said, "You have a Serpent now" You know the stock car just for parking lot bashing it's great. But if it doesn't come with a 2 speed, then your looking at 60 bucks, another 70 for adjustable aluminum shocks. And then..you have to look at www.wolfpack.com then you'll start dropping bucks.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Sorry http://www.wolfpackradicals.com/
Old 06-11-2003, 09:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Your a dirt guy...did you ever think about getting a Savage. A few of us got those things, and they're a blast. We go out to the Oil fields in Long Beach and just bash and jump those things. These lots you really can't run buggy's, my friends tried bring them out but it was just to rough, but the Savage's just eats that stuff up.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default super

Randyt sounds like a blast , but I'm pretty sure I'm going to try on road for a change and we, the fellas are more into st's. We did try to run an HPI Mt for a while. Thats when I first noticed HpI and their quality. I would like to see some pics of your super. I'll pm my e-mail if you have any. P.S. I'm done for the night catch up tomarow.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Sent. Have a good one.
Old 06-15-2003, 01:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Success for the Super nitros. Today finished a round of our RC championship.With my RB powered SN I managed to keep up with a couple of Serpent Impacts and to be only 2 laps behind. That was my best race ever and also for a first time it handled great and didn't break anything. P.S. I'm even two laps infront of a MTX-3. For an outdated car that's pretty good.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:58 PM
Tech Regular

Talking Breathing life back into my HPI Supernitro!

I've decided to give the old girl another chance, after running an NTC3, XR Works & 2.5 T-Maxx lately. Too bad the Super Ten class @ Camden is down to like, 4 cars now. Anyway, I've really been impressed with the Traxxas 2.5 .15 small-block and plan on installing one in my car...I think that they make (or will release soon) a standard crankshaft version of the engine. The present configuration is what could be called a 'short' SG shaft.
Old 07-11-2003, 06:10 AM

How ya guys like this car??? Pretty cool with metalz huh...
Attached Thumbnails Super Size discussion-mvc-003f.jpg  
Old 07-11-2003, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Default Sold my Super Nitro

Guys;

Just wanted to say that I've sold my Super Nitro. Had lots of fun with that car over the years, but I couldn't see keeping it as there has been -0- turnout with them at the tracks out here in the last year.
Now if HPI could UPgrade the Super to R40 specs, watch out!
Old 07-13-2003, 10:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Default SN Foams

Has anyone had any success using foam tires with their HPI SN??

We've got a high bite asphalt track and we've not been able to come up with anything that works real well yet. (Our track seems to eat foams.)

If anyone has had a good experience, especially with a high bite track, I would greatly appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:28 PM
Tech Master

bump
Old 08-26-2003, 01:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Heya, I own a SN as well and I have it setup with the Toyota GT-1 body and a 300mm wheelbase. I run the car on an oval every sunday and the group of guys that I'm with are a little more relaxed and not super competetive which allows for a fun atmosphere. Anyhow, I was wondering if I should switch the car over to the 280mm wheelbase and use one of the BMW bodies. This would give sharper turning right? Are most of you guys running 280mm ? Also I'm still using the stock engine and its a total dog. I'm looking for a new engine and I don't know if I'm better off with either a MT 12 - I have a chance to buy one that's new for only $130 or if I should go for a bigger sized engine, like a .15 picco or even a .21. The Nova's put out around the same horsepower as the bigger engines, so that's why I'm kind of confused on what to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.