Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalracer2
How can they CONTINUE to support the Type R when they never have supported it?
Guys, you have to look at it like this....

Any & all manufactures will & do blow smoke up your skirt to get you to buy their cars.

The support comes from fellow racers.Look at this post,almost 10,000 posts all about support for this car. And from some of the best drivers in the world!! How can we ask for any more?

If & when Losi releases a new car I'm sure it will blow up the forums just as the JXRS-R has.

This cars still kicking ass all over the country,with the others producing several versions trying to get the edge.

As long as I can still get parts & be competitive,I'll stick with it until the NEWER, BETTER LOSI comes out!

Last edited by Radron; 06-25-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
They will be here very very soon, I always ship USPS priority mail and so far i've been able to get them out the door within the same day, so you will probably get the shafts more quickly ordering from me here in the States and postage will also be less.
Damn. I already ordered off of flyinfox.com. Oh well. Guess Im waiting.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Not sure why there are so many complaints about the support for the type R- really, what is it the car is missing? Seems to me as long as they keep cranking out parts for it then all is well. Aftermarket items are only needed if there is some problems with something in the design, as I see it, there are none to speak of. The flying Fox layshaft is nice (very nice) but only really needed if you try to sqeeze the wrong battery into the R or if you need to run a spur other than Losi's, which for me neither is a problem. I plan on running my type R until it pukes and see no reason anyone else shouldn't do the same. I am saddened that the team drivers like Hodge, Fairtrace, Haynes, Pookie and Scheff have moved on as their help was invaluable, but these things are a regular occurance in the world of RC. I am glad they were here to help us out and wish them nothing but the best in their future endevours. I do, however, hope they still check in on us and their old flame now and then and hope to meet them on the track someday.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Catbutt
Not sure why there are so many complaints about the support for the type R- really, what is it the car is missing? Seems to me as long as they keep cranking out parts for it then all is well. Aftermarket items are only needed if there is some problems with something in the design, as I see it, there are none to speak of. The flying Fox layshaft is nice (very nice) but only really needed if you try to sqeeze the wrong battery into the R or if you need to run a spur other than Losi's, which for me neither is a problem. I plan on running my type R until it pukes and see no reason anyone else shouldn't do the same. I am saddened that the team drivers like Hodge, Fairtrace, Haynes, Pookie and Scheff have moved on as their help was invaluable, but these things are a regular occurance in the world of RC. I am glad they were here to help us out and wish them nothing but the best in their future endevours. I do, however, hope they still check in on us and their old flame now and then and hope to meet them on the track someday.
I would love to see an aluminum diff hub
Old 06-25-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Point taken, even better would be a sealed diff case for the ball diffs like in the TC3. But I still think the R is as near to being problem free as I have seen in an RC car in quite some time. After they fixed the QC on the plastic parts during the first batches of the kit, that is.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

IMO plastic is better for the drive train, but i like to see if Losi can modify the hub to take a mini nut on that hub, would be great.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hodge didn't go any where and is still with Horizon/Losi. He just has a different job now that does not allow him to race much if at all anymore. I have been bugging him through FB to get his R out and get it ready for IIC. I think he just started racing dirt again. I don't think he has been doing much of anything other then marketing and working behind a desk. Haynes, Schreffler and Fairtrace gave us some valuble info for setups for this car and it was greatly appreciated. Those guys put a lot of time in with the R and proved it can win numerous times. Even in their words there as was not much to be improved apon with the design. I know they experimented with different things and always seemed to come back to their base setups. The foam setup I am currently running is one Jason and Larry came up with and I don't think they even deviated much from it. I know Jason tried a few things at the last IIC race he attended and I remember him telling me he just went back to the original setup because changes he made were not gaining him anything more. I feel more confident with the car with all the help they provide us with. I commend them for all their time spent making it a competitive car.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I've been thinking about this too, i've take the dimensions and i'm curious about the weight ... stay tuned. I've been putting quite a bit of thought into how something like this can be done.

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
IMO plastic is better for the drive train, but i like to see if Losi can modify the hub to take a mini nut on that hub, would be great.
I've thought about heating up a nut and melting it into the plastic half of the diff ... setting up a jig to hold everything square was challenging and i wasn't sure that i wouldn't weaken the part more than make good threads.

Oh and for the aftermarket stuff, milled parts are almost always cheaper to do in small batches than molded parts on average a mold costs $3000 to $5000 and you have to pick the right plastic for the job which can cost more too. Once you have all that done molding parts is a couple cents per part but you have to swallow all those up front costs.

In the meantime, i've found that a fresh diff hub, sand paper discs and a little bit of patience will get your spool locked in and won't move. I run a 4.5 and i've never really had an issue with my spool loosening up.

I also switched my thrustbearing (will dig up link later) and cut the aluminum center tube to take d rings and i haven't had any issues w/ the diff either.

I tried running a one way for a little but it had WAY too much steering and i couldn't drive it at the track we were when i tried it.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Initiate

I haven't run a spool so I can't really speak to that. My only problem with the R is with the diffs getting gunked up from the dusty parking lots where I race. I find myself having to rebuild them alot which eventually loosens the diff hub to a point where it won't hold tight any longer. This it seems cannot be helped as an open diff is going to have this problem in any car with the conditions I run mine. Whether the outdrive is aluminum or plastic the result will still be the same. I am trying to figure out a way to keep them cleaner or just ignore the gunk but it seems I may just have to get used to rebuilding them and replacing the outdrive on a regular basis. No fault of the car, really, it was never intended to be run on unprepared lots and dusty condititions.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by YmeBP

I also switched my thrustbearing (will dig up link later) and cut the aluminum center tube to take d rings and i haven't had any issues w/ the diff either.

I tried running a one way for a little but it had WAY too much steering and i couldn't drive it at the track we were when i tried it.
I m going to do D ring mod too very soon

for me oneway only work on 17.5 for a track with 1 or no hair pin corner. for rest spool all the time
Old 06-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Catbutt
I haven't run a spool so I can't really speak to that. My only problem with the R is with the diffs getting gunked up from the dusty parking lots where I race. I find myself having to rebuild them alot which eventually loosens the diff hub to a point where it won't hold tight any longer. This it seems cannot be helped as an open diff is going to have this problem in any car with the conditions I run mine. Whether the outdrive is aluminum or plastic the result will still be the same. I am trying to figure out a way to keep them cleaner or just ignore the gunk but it seems I may just have to get used to rebuilding them and replacing the outdrive on a regular basis. No fault of the car, really, it was never intended to be run on unprepared lots and dusty condititions.
I found my answer for that

XXX-S !

right ? vr6cj ?

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 06-26-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Maybe the nice guys at flying fox could make us a nice spool shaft so we can simply bolt a normal diff pulley on......
Old 06-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Company Representative

Default Hit is a hit

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
Maybe the nice guys at flying fox could make us a nice spool shaft so we can simply bolt a normal diff pulley on......
yeah if he can make one just like the one way, so we can use existinng outdrive, pully, screws and all.

that will be a hit!

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 06-26-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
yeah if he can make one just like the one way, so we can use existinng outdrive, pully, screws and all.

that will be a hit!
What problems are you having with the spool or diffs anyway? I run a small amount of superglue in the diff hub before building it and redo this every couple of rebuilds. This gives the diff more consistency so it doesn't adjust its self during a run.

As for improvements to the chassis, flying fox has an idea to redo the main chassis layout in a similar fassion to the HPI pro3. The idea is to fix the problem the chassis has now with weight bias as motors these days are heavy and batteries much lighter. It will simply be a case of improving the component layout so the chassis is balanced BEFORE you add weight. This is more or less just a simple evolution to match the chassis better to the current motor and battery technology just as many other new cars recently released have addressed the same issues. Hopefully this will be on his "to-do" list very soon.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:26 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
What problems are you having with the spool or diffs anyway? I run a small amount of superglue in the diff hub before building it and redo this every couple of rebuilds. This gives the diff more consistency so it doesn't adjust its self during a run.

As for improvements to the chassis, flying fox has an idea to redo the main chassis layout in a similar fassion to the HPI pro3. The idea is to fix the problem the chassis has now with weight bias as motors these days are heavy and batteries much lighter. It will simply be a case of improving the component layout so the chassis is balanced BEFORE you add weight. This is more or less just a simple evolution to match the chassis better to the current motor and battery technology just as many other new cars recently released have addressed the same issues. Hopefully this will be on his "to-do" list very soon.
with solid machined spool that will be a maintanace free and I also try to make little tighter then SNAP!

when my oneway goes bad I might try to modify my oneway to turned in to a spool, but I dont know when my one way will ever go bad

for chasssis, we run 1525g at our area and needed to run lots of weight anyway, so with all those weight I didnt have problem making 50/50 F/R or L/R, I run SMC 5K 28c with Losi 13.5BL

dont they have min weight in Austrailia?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.