Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does the EVO use the 2 degree rear offset like the WCE or is it 0 degrees like the regular RRR?
Old 04-30-2006, 07:06 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Maybe we'll just call it the WEVO - NO WAY!
Old 04-30-2006, 10:51 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Sparx
Now the reciever is the stressed part, something's gotta give.
Yeah I prefer the linkage is broken than the receiver and then the whole car (if it's out of control)
Old 05-01-2006, 01:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daniz24
Yeah I prefer the linkage is broken than the receiver and then the whole car (if it's out of control)
same here, with a broken linkage at least you still have control on the steering rather than having a broken receiver you have no control over the car at all.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by luketob
same here, with a broken linkage at least you still have control on the steering rather than having a broken receiver you have no control over the car at all.
If the situation like that.... then buy mtx4 ( covered receiver ). j/k

Anyway.... I would find some ways to protect the receiver against side impact, maybe I add 1 cm thick foam.

liketob: you got the real picture for your avatar ?, I like the car
Old 05-01-2006, 08:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think we are all jumping the gun......let what and see what this car is all about before speculating .... Me personally I love the laydown throttle servo..never had a problem with maintenance, crashes, etc... i would think the receiver is more prone to damage in that location...also i would think as a weight issue you want your heavier parts closer to the ground. What I would like to see them implement is better ways of attachiing your chocks to the wishbones. I dont like the ballcups...on the shocks or linkages....I think the way mugen or serpent has it is much better. I think I read something about the 2 speed shaft being easier to maintain sounds snice. Let see what happens.....
Old 05-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
I think we are all jumping the gun......let what and see what this car is all about before speculating .... Me personally I love the laydown throttle servo..never had a problem with maintenance, crashes, etc... i would think the receiver is more prone to damage in that location...also i would think as a weight issue you want your heavier parts closer to the ground. What I would like to see them implement is better ways of attachiing your chocks to the wishbones. I dont like the ballcups...on the shocks or linkages....I think the way mugen or serpent has it is much better. I think I read something about the 2 speed shaft being easier to maintain sounds snice. Let see what happens.....
And no more ruined spur gears.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:38 AM
afm
Tech Master

Default Laydown vs. Standup throttle servo

The change of the laydown throttle servo to a standup position will be better in overall handling. Beeing laydown only lowers CG by about .001%.
I think the idea on the RRR Evo is "mass centralization". The closer the weight is to the car's polar moment of inertia, the faster the car will change directions and the more stable it will be. Standing that servo allows them to move the weight closer to the center line of the car instead of hanging off the side of the chassis.
If we look at all of the 1/8 On Road cars, they have the throttle servo standing up….doesn’t that rings a bell??

Just my 2 cents

AFM
Old 05-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

AFM has it nailed. Why move the weight away from the center line? The servo's heaviest parts are at the bottom and it makes sense to put a lighter reciever to the outside and knock off weight with less linkage and mounting hardware. Plus, it's likely that they have a cutout in the chassis to have the servo sit even lower like the RR Evo chassis. I'm almost positive that the Mugen Rx cover will fit. The stand up servo layout is basically based off the K.I.S.S theory. Keep it Simple Stupid.

Here's a couple shots from my old RR Evo with the Mugen cover. These shots were pretty much 1 yr before the RRR. It has since evolved close to the RRR and handles almost as great as my MTX4 and RRR. Weighs in at 1515g with fuel.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-kid_evo_bottom2.jpg   Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-kid_evo_tank2.jpg  
Old 05-01-2006, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
If the situation like that.... then buy mtx4 ( covered receiver ). j/k

Anyway.... I would find some ways to protect the receiver against side impact, maybe I add 1 cm thick foam.

liketob: you got the real picture for your avatar ?, I like the car
I used mugen receiver cover on my evolva so i guess it makes it "evolvgen" . Thanks for the comment on my car, the color is taken from alonzo's car when he took first race of the year in Bahrain
Old 05-01-2006, 12:20 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by afm
If we look at all of the 1/8 On Road cars, they have the throttle servo standing up….doesn’t that rings a bell??

Just my 2 cents

AFM

The Serpent 950R and 960 use a lay down throttle servo.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Intermediate Edition

Okay to avoid controversies, just hanged up the phone takling with Kyosho USA the RRR EVO is a non WCE version with the throttle servo switched with the position of the receiver if you look at the picture carefully the front shock tower is not even an FRP plate it is the plastic one from the standard kit according to KYOSHO this is the version between the Standard and the WCE version also the price is between the standard and WCE version too .Hope this info helps clear up confusion of what is what.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:41 PM
afm
Tech Master

Thanks for the information, that just tells us what market position this car is price wise, but doesn't tell us which platform performs better.

The question is still up. Advantages and disadvantages of throttle servo position. Laydown vs. Standup.

I personally think the new Evo will handle better, I don't think it's just a cosmetic or price oriented change.. I bet there will be an upgrade kit on the market soon, so you can upgrade the WCE to a WCE Evo.

AFM
Old 05-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Okay to avoid controversies, just hanged up the phone takling with Kyosho USA the RRR EVO is a non WCE version with the throttle servo switched with the position of the receiver if you look at the picture carefully the front shock tower is not even an FRP plate it is the plastic one from the standard kit according to KYOSHO this is the version between the Standard and the WCE version also the price is between the standard and WCE version too .Hope this info helps clear up confusion of what is what.
Based on some of the observations noted in this thread, I was starting to suspect that it was a RRR Evo and not a RRR WCE EVO. I'm sure they are getting bombarded with calls, as I left a message with them this morning as well.

The big question is still the servo position. What performance issue are they addressing by making this change? Is it a throttle/brake issue? That existing servo guard is somewhat of a nuissance. It can't be CG, because that would have been worked out during initial development - or one would at least think so.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by asw7576
And no more ruined spur gears.
how did they manage to fix that problem?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.