Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 12:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys been having a bit of a problem trying to set up my tc5's Stab bars

i can't get thm both even. you know when you lift one side then the other side they both should have the same counter action on the opposite side.

so if any one has a great way on how to set up a stab. bar on a tc5 i'm all ears( actully eyes lol)

Damm i'm tired . lol

Andrew
Old 12-28-2010, 12:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyrrus
Hey guys been having a bit of a problem trying to set up my tc5's Stab bars

i can't get thm both even. you know when you lift one side then the other side they both should have the same counter action on the opposite side.

so if any one has a great way on how to set up a stab. bar on a tc5 i'm all ears( actully eyes lol)

Damm i'm tired . lol

Andrew
do you have droop and the shocks set the same on each side ?
Old 12-28-2010, 02:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi.

I am tryin to fit the spec-r gear differential in the rear but I need to add so many shims that the bearings fit only a couple of mm in the differential. Furthermore, the belt is not completely straight.

Anyone is using this differential in the rear?. Any tips?.

Thanks.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nitroblood
Hi.

I am tryin to fit the spec-r gear differential in the rear but I need to add so many shims that the bearings fit only a couple of mm in the differential. Furthermore, the belt is not completely straight.

Anyone is using this differential in the rear?. Any tips?.

Thanks.
any photo ? how many shims used?
Old 12-28-2010, 03:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

White some mins, posting pics with spec-r gear diff
Old 12-28-2010, 03:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default SPEC-R diff in tc5

Team Associated TC5-img_2104.jpg

Team Associated TC5-img_2108.jpg

from left:
- spacer from 0.7mm fiber glass, it move bearing plastic inside,
- 3 spacers,
- diff,
- 1 spacer,
- bearing.

Because diff is moved to right side, car need more washers for a-arm mounts,
I put 1mm more for each side ... it widen rear end.

Dog bone shaft is too long for right side, also need some dremel work,
I must made more space for dog bone end in gear diff out drive.

All should work free without shocks.

My friends at work use my car for drifting and fun and for 30min and 15 min racing no leak, no problems

Regards!
m
Old 12-28-2010, 06:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks a lot!!!

I will try this way.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Need rubber tire help. Runnin on cold, dirty, asphalt. What should I run?
Old 12-31-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? help needed

Ok so i bought a tc5 roller that i plan on making it just a weekend basher that i can make as fast as possible with the motor and esc that i picked out just from past luck with their stuff. I have no idea what needs to be changed to increase top speed handling.It currently is set up with mm pro 9000kv in it and a motor fan with a 48 p 90/15 for gears and a 2 cell 5000mah 50c lipo. any input or help would be greatly appreciated.thanks,jake.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayGT2
Need rubber tire help. Runnin on cold, dirty, asphalt. What should I run?
You'll need some tread on the tires if it's dirty/dusty. If it's swept and blown off go with slicks. Because it's cold, you'll want to start with the softer compounds for maximum traction (24 to 28 shore), and move into the 30 to 40 range if the traction really comes up. But how soft a tire you go with really depends on how competitive the racing is... you can have fun running/drifting around on harder tires for a lot longer without wearing them out.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks for the tire input no racing involved here just good old street fun. how about shock spring,oil and position on the shock tower and the sway bars on or off and black or silver.toe and camber settings how does one stop the car from flipping is the only trick the mazda body? should i bother to balance the car? thanks in advance for any help. Jake.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scgtpman
thanks for the tire input no racing involved here just good old street fun. how about shock spring,oil and position on the shock tower and the sway bars on or off and black or silver.toe and camber settings how does one stop the car from flipping is the only trick the mazda body? should i bother to balance the car? thanks in advance for any help. Jake.
I'd start with the standard asphalt TC5 setup in the book. It's forgiving enough to work in a good range of conditions, from low to medium traction.
On a low grip surface like you seem to have, the car should slide around more rather than flip/traction roll. If you are traction rolling, check your steering throw first... you can back down the dual rate until it's easier to drive and doesn't seem as twitchy. Traction roll is usually attributed to a sudden transition of weight, normally coupled with relatively high roll centers. You can slow down the weight transition by going up on the oil in the car, trying slightly softer springs all around to take away response, or trying a higher roll front center and lower rear roll center to induce a more stable mid corner balance in the car. Also take a look at some of the asphalt setups online... normally those would be run on higher traction tracks where traction roll can be a problem. Yes the body makes a big difference for racing. The Mazdaspeed 6 is the winningest rubber tire body for the last few years. If you're going to pick up a new body, make sure to get that one. Here is the body selection guide from Protoform: http://racepf.com/track-guide
Old 01-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (94%+)
Thumbs up

k guys so i have just st2ted racing touring cars after 12+ years in offroad. prob is im having a bad push going into the corner. i just rebuilt the rear diff is my diff screw tight? im running power 36 tires wiitch worked great at the track last time i was there. also has slipper front spool.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tcb22185
k guys so i have just st2ted racing touring cars after 12+ years in offroad. prob is im having a bad push going into the corner. i just rebuilt the rear diff is my diff screw tight? im running power 36 tires wiitch worked great at the track last time i was there. also has slipper front spool.
Is the push when you're off the gas, or running steady speed into a corner, or both?
Old 01-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

I saw an aluminum spur gear adapter somewhere....... any ideas?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.