Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 08:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I ran the plastic ones with a brushless last night, no issues. Just make sure you locktite the setscrews!

Jon, what kind of surface and any setups info you'd like to share?
Old 09-19-2004, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default racing

Rc driver gary, I am curius have you run on carpet, or just asphalt?
XXX, I told you.
JKR0443?????, blows away the losi huh?
Wrench, welcome back.

I did some more testing fri night, tried alot of extreme stuff, some worked, some didnt. If anyone is interested please ask., I will help all. Oh yeah, I was running on carpet.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:27 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: racing

Originally posted by Raul Garcia
Rc driver gary, I am curius have you run on carpet, or just asphalt?
I run carpet 90% of the time. In fact I may be in your neck of the woods at the end of October for the Hobby Chamber race. I run asphalt when I am getting ready for the TCS nats mostly, but the race yesterday just seemed like it would be too much fun to pass up and it was. Its funny, I'm a carpet racer but while I have driven this car on carpet, but the only times I have raced it so far has been on asphalt. That will change soon, as I got my tires trued down yesterday (thanks Ottoman) and plan on putting PW's setup on the car this upcoming week. Still looking for suggestions for the new hubs as far as the shimming under the ball stud.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:35 PM
Tech Champion

Default alloy hubs

Rc Driver, I used no shim, it worked better.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

With rubber or foamies? Inside hole I assume? What did it do different with the stud flush versus shimmed up?
Old 09-19-2004, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Default setup

Foams, I ran TM's new plaid frt, and TM's purple rear 28mm wheels. The stud was on the inside hole, and taking the shim out made the suspension transition smoother through the turns.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Parkinglot, fairly abrasive with a couple off camber corners and a very slight elevation change. Very tight with narrow lanes. I'm running really close to PW's setup from the Nat's with a few things Donny has tried. I'm running the stock rear hubs, rear carpet towers on both front and rear with Tamyia shocks. AE blues in front, silvers in the rear, 35 wt in front, 30 in rear ( I think I'm going to go heavier on the oil, it felt like the car was dumping over and then springing back too easily.) AE swaybars. Who's played with battery position? How much does it effect the car and where do you guys like it? I've got mine all the way to the inside front and rear right now.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:48 PM
Tech Champion

so running the stud lower planted the rear more while raising it made it rotate more? I wanted to get some Jaco double pink/orange fronts and double pink rears but the LHS was out so I had to go with Cyan and Magentas.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
so running the stud lower planted the rear more while raising it made it rotate more?
That makes since to me.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by jkerr0043
That makes since to me.
Ohhh, who asked you. What, do you think yer a team driver or something I've struggled with getting the hang of roll center changes for awhile, so I need to dumb it down to Git Err Dun...

BUT

At least I know the difference between since and sense
Old 09-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by STLNLST

"Nevada- I TQ'ed and won 19 turn. The car was dialed and I had some motor in qualifying. It seemed to fall off slightly in the main. Mo had the R12 dialed not to mention the killer time advantage we had in the pits. A good pit stop can make a huge difference."

From my perspective{the race announcer} Mo had an incredible advantage over Jimmy.Not to take anything away from Deprez because the boy is a wheel,but the R12 was so much better midcorner and exiting.It was as if Mo was toying with the boy.Deprez is the guy to beat in the Bay Area in Gas Sedan hands down.Mo and the R12 gave the boy a reality check saturday! Good run while it lasted MO.

Btw Stlnlst good job pitting. 4 seconds oh my!
Old 09-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

I think it was faster than four seconds.....LOL
Old 09-19-2004, 10:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Adam Hartzell
Just curious, anyone try running the stock cvds in 19t. I'm just wondering if they would hold up.
I ran the stock CVD's with a spool in 19 turn and they held up for a while before they finally broke. I wouldn't suggest running them with a spool though. I did that just so I would know what kind of abuse these things can take. The plastic cvd's in the rear of my car are the one's the originally came with the car which I've had slightly before the car actually came out so that should give you an idea of how them stand up in the rear of the car.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:43 AM
Tech Addict

STLNLST--Thanks, I don't care for spools so I'll be using a diff up front. I just thought that because they are lighter I could use them to get more snap out of the corner. I wouldn't even think of running them in mod though.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Adam Hartzell
STLNLST--Thanks, I don't care for spools so I'll be using a diff up front. I just thought that because they are lighter I could use them to get more snap out of the corner. I wouldn't even think of running them in mod though.
Just make sure you don't hit too much stuff since the front takes on make impact than the rear does. You might want to have some steel cvd's on hand just incase. Good luck and let us know how it all worked out for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.