Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 06:55 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I had the battery flying out the side problem with stick packs (we are only allowed to run those). We modified the chassis with some RPM servo mounts to hold the batteries in. My new chassis has the mounts setup counter sunk. It works great.

I went to that competitionx website but when clicking a link it keeps trying to refresh it over and over and over . . .

So, anyone using the PRP shock towers? from what I understand, if you mount on the lowest set of holes for the camber links, the car is freer in the rear, helping the car turn on a dime? Anyone verify this?

What will mounting the shocks say higher or lower on the tower do?

I am putting all this stuff in a faq for reference, anyone else doing this?
Old 12-15-2002, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Do any of you guys have any Trinity Congo Blue springs you want to sell?? I can't find them anywhere and despirately need some! Thanks.

[email protected]
Old 12-15-2002, 07:14 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Cain
I had the battery flying out the side problem with stick packs (we are only allowed to run those). We modified the chassis with some RPM servo mounts to hold the batteries in. My new chassis has the mounts setup counter sunk. It works great.

Even side by side packs would slide out a little bit, upsetting the car's balance. I don't think I've ever had a pack come completely out, but I have had it come out and rest against the "tub edge" or whatever you want to call it, a couple times.

-Troy
Old 12-15-2002, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by pimpedaccord
Do any of you guys have any Trinity Congo Blue springs you want to sell?? I can't find them anywhere and despirately need some! Thanks.

[email protected]
They take forever but sheldonhobbies has them in stock... Good luck
Old 12-15-2002, 08:03 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Cain if you move your camber link up on the tower it will loosen your car up a little and let it rotate quicker in the corners. I'm trying it this week since the Graphite Plus car has a little different rear end setup. I have my car really good the rear end needs to loosen up just a little. I moved up the rear camber link since the new graphite tower has upper camber link mounts.
Old 12-15-2002, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
Cain if you move your camber link up on the tower it will loosen your car up a little and let it rotate quicker in the corners. I'm trying it this week since the Graphite Plus car has a little different rear end setup. I have my car really good the rear end needs to loosen up just a little. I moved up the rear camber link since the new graphite tower has upper camber link mounts.
I thought that the higher up the link was the higher the traction???That's why the new Losi tower has a lower set of holes to free the rear end up a little by taking away some traction.
Anyone else know if this is true?
Old 12-15-2002, 09:23 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

My buddy emailed Todd Hodge of Losi and he said that when he runs carpet he moves the rear camber link up on the new shock tower. Stock position on the new car is bottom holes and the longest setting on the tower. I just moved mine up to the top inner most hole. Todd told us that it would help the car rotate quicker in the corners. They do this when running carpet since the new car setup makes alot of rear traction. I'm going to try it this weekend as my only change to the car and see what happens. If it sucks I will just move it back and try again.

It could still give more bite by moving it up but I guess it still could let the car rotate better. I think it will give more forward traction but less side bite traction when you move the camber link up.
Old 12-16-2002, 04:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

stock position on the new car may be the bottoom holes but the regular position from the old towers are the upper holes. So placing the camberlinks to the upper inner hole is basically what most people are running their cars at now. Holes 1-4 are the current holes and the bottom row are the new holes Losi added.
Old 12-16-2002, 04:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i was also under the impression that the new lower holes in the rear tower (the upper holes are the same as the ones on the old tower) were there to free up the rear end more so it rotates better through the turn. i believe that was one of the main things they wanted to achieve with the new rear towers and offset rear arms/hub carriers - so that the car could be set up to turn on a dime if the driver so wished. hmmmmm ...... time to post a question to todd hodge over at trinity tech talk to clear this up.....
Old 12-16-2002, 05:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi everyone ...

Last Sunday we had the 5th race of the National Championship here in Malta. I raced with my LOSI XXX-S (graphite, etc) and came 1st in both races of STOCK B and (I think) finished 2nd overall in the STOCK class.

The car is looking good and I am sure I can get better results once I practise a bit more!

According to Matt Francis ... the new YELLOW BELT can help both as regarding acceleration and top speed, especially in STOCK. Do you know of someone in EUROPE who already has this belt in stock?

Thanks everyone!
Old 12-16-2002, 01:58 PM
Tech Legend

I think great lakes hobbies has the congo springs in stock. There prices are not that bad either. What pound rating are the congo springs and what is so good about them?

From what I heard, using the lower hole positions is supposed to allow "turning on a dime". I will look into setting up my car when I go to practice wednesday with the new towers. (been too busy programming Java).

Later!
Old 12-16-2002, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Yellow - 40
Purple - 35
Blue - 30

The great thing about them is at present.. Losi does not make springs at these rates (stops at 25). They should be out soon is the word.

High traction indoor carpet on foam need stiff springs to keep you from traction rolling and scrubin speed.
Old 12-16-2002, 03:29 PM
Tech Legend

Guys at my track are running TC3 springs for those weights. (I got a pair of 40 pounders when I was running purples all around) They seem to work well.
Old 12-16-2002, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

So , with the new car out and all, has anybody had a chance to try the forward steering position on the new chassis? If so, what characteristic does the car exhibit with them in the forward position?
Old 12-16-2002, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

The AE springs tend to bind up for me.... throws the car off when it happens.

The front steering position makes the car more agressive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.