Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default I knew you'd respond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by xrayal
our track at woodson on a friday is about a third of our rug racer track on sunday. think of it as a mini west london. so turbo/supercharger ON! i was talking to some team drivers at the btcc at wlrc last weekend, and they said 422 was better for 13.5 so i tried it last night. honestly 518 is better. as for settings, if you come and help lay the track on the saturday night, we always have a mini test session so a few set ups can be tried!!!!!! or come see me at race control, as i have managed to convert a good few people over to hw now, and we are all now begining to understand what to do with the settings. good to see you the other night, next time bring your 008 so you can try the sweep exp control tyre we are using, they are superb. ps last night mr ward came 3rd in the A. martin was a bit quiet! lol
pps, we have had some rug racer polo t shirts made for the series by nibbodesigns.co.uk and they are top class. cant stress enough how good they are. they will make you what ever you need from a baby grow to a winter jacket. visit their website, you wont be disapointed.
also booking in is now open for rugracers at the usual central booking.
Hi M8

I raced over at GMCC last tuesday, and I have to say, it was nice to be racing again - shame I was so roughed up by one driver who managed to take me out 5 times pretty badly

That said, it was my first time back, and I only did one change on the car, and that was to move up a couple of pinions, and that dropped my lap time by 0.5 seconds. In my final, which was in the B's I clocked laps that were a further 0.5 sec faster. The irony of my qually times was that I was in a super slow group, and some poor sod, and I do mean it, was driving a little tamiya mini, and it was like a tractor on a track with F1 cars that were trying poorly to avoid it - I am perhaps the most guilty of giving him a whack as I was trying to look at my car.

Still lesson learnt.

Enough of the pre-amble. I found that on a small track the turbo never kicked in, and I would choose exploitable coonsistency over uncontrolled power any time. I am thinking of an aggressive profile, with advanced timing, but no turbo. Time to play around ...
Old 09-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Lohan
Enough of the pre-amble. I found that on a small track the turbo never kicked in, and I would choose exploitable coonsistency over uncontrolled power any time. I am thinking of an aggressive profile, with advanced timing, but no turbo. Time to play around ...
This theory can even work on a big track if you want to add a lot of motor timing and gear the crap out of it Having never run on a small track i struggle to think how you guys set up your cars for such short and windy tracks. Running on a large technical track I have gotten into the habit of running less turbo and a lot of gearing to get top speed so there is no unwanted power coming on in the infield.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi all i have been running the 518 stock with a sp21.5 for vintage class on carpet and i've been having some problems keeping motor temps down below 200F. I've tried removing boost timing, turbo, timing punch, changing my gearing and i either get the heat down but with no speed or i get hotter and not much faster.
I did get it stable at 200 and competitive but can i run at this temp for long?
My settings are:

Drag brake: 25%
DDRS: 9
Brake force: 100%
Boost timing: 7
Turbo level: Max
Boost start RPM: 3000
Turbo delay: Off
Timing punch: -4

FDR: 5.13
Rollout: 40.41

I just changed firmware to 422 to see if that changes things.

Any suggestions?
Old 09-12-2010, 02:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Mitch - Increase RPM and delay 1 or 2 settings each, chances are the heat is from asking too much too early.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mitch-e4fs
Hi all i have been running the 518 stock with a sp21.5 for vintage class on carpet and i've been having some problems keeping motor temps down below 200F. I've tried removing boost timing, turbo, timing punch, changing my gearing and i either get the heat down but with no speed or i get hotter and not much faster.
I did get it stable at 200 and competitive but can i run at this temp for long?
My settings are:

Drag brake: 25%
DDRS: 9
Brake force: 100%
Boost timing: 7
Turbo level: Max
Boost start RPM: 3000
Turbo delay: Off
Timing punch: -4

FDR: 5.13
Rollout: 40.41

I just changed firmware to 422 to see if that changes things.

Any suggestions?
ddrs down to 7, turbo down to 7, boost start min 6000, turbo delay 0.2,
it seems that your almost always on boost, so your motor is labouring hence the heat. these are not that far off my settings for a technical indoor circuit, give it a go and look at your lap times, not how it looks down the straight.
last friday i thought my car was slow, yet for 3 laps i was right behind the guy who qualified 3rd in the a.............
Old 09-12-2010, 02:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Lohan
I am gonna enter this winters rug racers, and in preparation I want to know if someone can help me on set up.

I have 518 software, what settings for 13.5 should I be using?

Should I switch off the turbo?

help me

Lohan
booking in is now open via central booking..............
Old 09-12-2010, 04:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks for the tips i'll give them a try next time im at the track.
Should i keep the 518 software or the 422?

Thanks
Old 09-12-2010, 05:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mitch-e4fs
Thanks for the tips i'll give them a try next time im at the track.
Should i keep the 518 software or the 422?

Thanks
dont the 422 have a bad dmts compares 528, and 422 have a bad drrs, its the bug.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Every site I've looked at shows that the new 1S version of the speedo is 33mm high. The other high-end models show heights from 31.5mm-33mm even though they have a full heat sink and fan. The 1S version appears in pictures to be very low-profile for 1/12th 1S cars, as it has no heatsink or fan, but the height measurement doesn't seem to make sense compared to the others.

Can anyone clarify if it is indeed the same height (33mm) as the full heat-sink versions that have the fan?
Old 09-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin Koback
Every site I've looked at shows that the new 1S version of the speedo is 33mm high. The other high-end models show heights from 31.5mm-33mm even though they have a full heat sink and fan. The 1S version appears in pictures to be very low-profile for 1/12th 1S cars, as it has no heatsink or fan, but the height measurement doesn't seem to make sense compared to the others.

Can anyone clarify if it is indeed the same height (33mm) as the full heat-sink versions that have the fan?
I tested the 1s version last week, the heat sink is very flat and did not even get warm.

Was testing with a 10.5 and the rollout was in the 40's

Very cool ESC
Old 09-13-2010, 01:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys
Is this feature (supercharge) only available on Xerun ESC? Will it work with a LRP X11 Stock 8.5 motor? thanks
Old 09-13-2010, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kevin Koback

with no heat sink it is 18mm h
with heat sink it is 24.73mm h
with heatsink and fan is 34mm
Old 09-13-2010, 03:12 AM
Tech Elite

we have come up with something new which is being tested that will eventually elimate the fan from all high end esc's on the hobbywing range and keep the esc's cooler than previous times less weight less temp by more than 30% and more power on demand .At the moment i cannot say to much but it is exciting stuff i will keep you all posted on the release date .

The good news is that you will not have to buy a new esc it will be a retro fit on the existing range thus helping you stay within your budget without the extreme of buying a new unit .we are not like other companies we are here to keep it fair and competative .

American distributor will be announced next week .they will carry the who range including esc's for boats,planes and helciopters as well as the ezrun series and xerun series ,als o the stock series
Old 09-13-2010, 03:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DaTaz
Hey guys
Is this feature (supercharge) only available on Xerun ESC? Will it work with a LRP X11 Stock 8.5 motor? thanks
Yes, it will only work in the XERUN v2.0 series.

As for 8.5R motors, the manufacturer suggests not to use turbo due to excessive heat built-up on the ESC and motor. Although I know some people have tried supercharger with MOD motors. You will just have to use very mild settings and monitor the motor temp.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hardmankam
Yes, it will only work in the XERUN v2.0 series.

As for 8.5R motors, the manufacturer suggests not to use turbo due to excessive heat built-up on the ESC and motor. Although I know some people have tried supercharger with MOD motors. You will just have to use very mild settings and monitor the motor temp.
I was using 422 with 4.5t on the weekend but it was a large fast flowing track which did not required much braking motor was not too hot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.