Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Adrain: Is there any pictures of the HDI masks (other than the bodies that you've painted)? So far, I've liked all the masks that I've seen (SpeedWorld has some in stock), but it would be nice to see the whole line...
Old 10-14-2002, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by fireblade
Well, your track seems just like mine. I run the gold on the rear and the red on the front with the stock oil. This setup hooks up AWSOME!! Also iam runnin the one way
I forgot I have the 1-way also.Do you get a ride ht. about 5mm. in the frt. and 5.5 in the rear?
Old 10-14-2002, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

yes sir, i run 5mm all the way around
Old 10-14-2002, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Hi everyone! Just want to let you know that we got in some of the Titanium Screw Kits for the Mission and the Pivot Balls and the Ball Studs. Mounted Take Off Tires are back in stock as well.
Old 10-15-2002, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Just wanted to let everyone know here that this last Sunday I was able to run all day, about 12 runs mod and stock, without having to change the front blades. I was running a spool front diff, I normally would be changing them every other run. The only thing that is different from before is the RW pulley and I have the outdrive slots in-line as I didn't before.
Have any of you had to replace blades often before? Just wondering.
Old 10-15-2002, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Mopar- Thats cool, see you at SoCal maybe next weekend. I will probably race at Central also.
Old 10-15-2002, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Cornerspeed..... What kind of setup did you use with the spool? I tried it for the first time sunday and the car pushed worse than a shopping car with 2 bad wheels. We were running on prepared ashalt , track temp in the 110's. Take off 27's and 32's. Thanks!
Old 10-15-2002, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Where was your car pushing? Mine had a push going into the corner until I started increasing the roll on the front of the car. Assoc. blue front-assoc. gold rear. 50wt. front and rear. Increased castor all the way, reduced front camber a half degree, decreased front droop. CS-27's.
State your set-up(everything) and I will see what we could do.

How many runs on your tires? How's the wear?
Old 10-15-2002, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Cornerspeed.....I have been running the spool for a while and have not wore my blades any more then what they normally wear. I use the plastic axles I dont know if that allows them to flex more and not get chewed up as much or what but thats what I have been doing.

RC dougie.....something else to look into is reducing your ackerman.....I had a push in the start and middle of the corner with the spool at first on Asphalt and then I reduced the ackerman and it helped a lot.....what I ran was about 3mm's shorter then stock. Everything else that Cornerspeed mentioned will help aswell but we can help you better when we know your full setup.
Old 10-15-2002, 05:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Kevin, I am currently running my ackerman link at 41mm (kit is around 36mm end to end). I havent gone back to the Kit length for some time, as I felt the steering was smoother with the longer setting. as the outer wheel is closer in slip angle in relation to teh inner. also allows greater overall lock, so when using less steering exp, it feels more linear.
I have my views on what I feel increased ackerman does, but could you please express what you feel the effects of incresed/decreased ackerman does on the mission.

Cheers.

G
Old 10-15-2002, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

King-G.....I agree with what you are saying when I use a normal diff or a 1way but with the spool it seems to be the opposite. At one of the many test sesions at the track during the summer outside and on carpet.....I tried it both ways longer then stock and stock and shorter and kept going back and forth to notice the difference and it does help in the middle of the corner with the spool as it seems to just push a little to much for my liking at stock or longer. I do agree that with the longer center link the steering does feel more linear but when you add the spool it just seems to slip in the middle and some on corner entry.
Old 10-15-2002, 09:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

HEY GUYS, NEW TO THIS FORUM. MAYBE I MISSED IT BEFORE .WHAT IS A SPOOL,IS IT WHEN YOU LOCK THE FRONT DIFF? IF IT IS WHAT IS THE ADVANTAGE OF IT OVER USING ONE WAY DIFF?THANKS FOR ANY INFO.
Old 10-15-2002, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Yea, A spool is when the diff is locked. I have never tried it but I guess it gives you more exit speed (correct me if iam wrong). And mabe a little more enter speed for the corner.
Old 10-16-2002, 03:10 AM
Tech Regular

cornerspeed, my set up was schuie grey front, schuie blue rear, no sway bars, lower mount in front, upper mount in rear, 45 wt oil, 0 toe in front, 3 toe in rear, 1 degree camber on all fours, caster maxxed out (11 or 12 degrees... i forget) Inner mount on the hubs. Ride height is 5.5 in front and 6 in the rear. Take off 32's ran great with no signs of wear. 27's were ok, but show a little more wear especially since they changed their inserts a while back, but still get great wear. Thanks for the help! Almost forgot, it was pushing going into the corner.

Last edited by rcdougie; 10-16-2002 at 03:15 AM.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

RcDougie- rate the traction on the track and state what shock piston you're running.

I can tell you right off the bat that it was pushing on entry because you are running so much caster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.