Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

My car also pulled to the right before mismatching the inserts to get toe pretty close. The car will pull hard right while on power.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by kevinpratt823
I would have to say that would likely be correct, and another decent alternative for now.
I'm getting a 15 in a few days. This will be my first 4 wheel/XRay. Would someone post a pic of the problem area that's being discussed at the moment?

Thank you in advance
Old 01-27-2015, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suby723
My car also pulled to the right before mismatching the inserts to get toe pretty close. The car will pull hard right while on power.
Then after you trim it left to compensate on the straightaway acceleration, it would fade left when you let off power at the end.

Perhaps nobody else noticed because they are all drinking the Xray Kool-Aid, they have been conditioned to believe the hype exclusively, so the thought couldn't possibly enter their mind.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Being these hanger are machined out of aluminum their tolerances should be so very minut and thus this offsett issue is far outside the realm of acceptable tolerances. With that being said it is as easy as fixing the CAD design which the machining software is using when producing these hangers. That is probably where the issue is stems from.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmcelroy42
You didn't list this combination but I believe it would give the closest to 3deg per side, witch is what they say 0's should give you?
.5 in on right, .5 out on left
Left 3.22 degrees
Right 3.08 degrees
Yes thanks for pointing that out! At least we can get close enough to 3 degrees to make it work.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AfterTithes
I'm getting a 15 in a few days. This will be my first 4 wheel/XRay. Would someone post a pic of the problem area that's being discussed at the moment?

Thank you in advance
You'd be best off going back several pages, there are plenty of pics that I have posted, as well as some others.

For example, you might start reading at post 6582 on page 439, but we started talking about it prob 5 pages before that though. You've got some catching up to do lol.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MaxxBashers
Anyone gonna be selling a '15 anytime soon?
I was scrolling back to find a post to help Aftertithes, and stumbled across this post from a couple weeks ago lol, anybody care to reply now?
Old 01-27-2015, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norse
Being these hanger are machined out of aluminum their tolerances should be so very minut and thus this offsett issue is far outside the realm of acceptable tolerances. With that being said it is as easy as fixing the CAD design which the machining software is using when producing these hangers. That is probably where the issue is stems from.
Unfortunately they must have plugged the same cad model in the CMM and that's why they never saw it. But I still can't believe no one put calipers on it just spot checking in the machining process or in process inspection.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

If the drawing is wrong and the inspector checks the part to the drawing... everything is A-OK... I guess. But it seems odd that someone didn't question why this particular piece was designed to not be symmetrical.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:27 PM
Tech Initiate

You'd be best off going back several pages, there are plenty of pics that I have posted, as well as some others.

For example, you might start reading at post 6582 on page 439, but we started talking about it prob 5 pages before that though. You've got some catching up to do lol.
Thank you, I was starting to do that... Your not joking, I'm WAY behind the curve!
Old 01-27-2015, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
Playing devil's advocate, if you didn't notice it on the track even if it were off, would you still be ok with it?

Mine wasn't noticeable from behind the wheel, but it was pointed out to me by a buddy that he could see the back of my car stepping out when viewed from behind. Not a lot but enough to ask me to check my car. That's what started the whole thing for me.
I'd actually notice it BEFORE I put it down on the track... I'm visually picky and can tell you visually if your camber is off by 0.5%... and then confirm it on the setup station.

After a crash if one of the settings are off, then you can easily tell if one of the settings came off.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

i agree as you would think CC would catch this issue. Everyone loves the idea of aluminum hangers thus one would think CC would thoroughly check before releasing. Being machined aluminum it looks like they assumed perfection was acheived as usually is the case with machining parts out of T5 or T6 tempered 7075 aluminum. This obviously is a major over site in the CAD design and thus machinig is producing the cad file it receives.
XRAY needs to fix as if another company makes hangers which XB4 owners will buy and then they happen to find out the actual price to produce relevant to the mark up you will see more disappointment towards XRAY.
There is no problem paying another companies high mark up for providing a solution to another companies faulty part and thus no consumer will have an issue with that but they will have an issue paying so much money for a part XRAY could easily correct and reproduce free of charge to people whom bought XB4 kits or hangers. This would not XRAY cost XRAY much.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by theclutch
I'd actually notice it BEFORE I put it down on the track... I'm visually picky and can tell you visually if your camber is off by 0.5%... and then confirm it on the setup station.

After a crash if one of the settings are off, then you can easily tell if one of the settings came off.
That's the thing, a setup station, at least the Hudy one anyway, will not pick this up, because it measures toe in relation to the other wheel. Like the excellent example mentioned a couple times, you could mount your rear end sideways and the setup station would still give you the same reading. Perhaps some people thought it was off, but put put all their faith in the setup station and assumed it was right. I'm guessing all the team drivers are using the Hudy setup station, maybe they just put too much trust in it as well.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi
Thx guys i cancelled my order and think about the d413 now.
Made in Europe:
East Europe where xray is located is not known for good/luxury quality here in Europe. ;-)

Greetings
Old 01-27-2015, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You may want to double check that, both the '14 I looked at Sunday appeared to be this way, and others on here have confirmed the measurements...
Visually and measured it...mine's correct.

But I'm sure as hell not upgrading to 2015 until they fix this!!!! I bought the Xray for quality (which is what I got with the 2014). This new thing with the 2015 is really disappointing... I mean c'mon... you don't need instruments to see that this is off! People at my LHS are freaked about this and understandably so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.