Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

No giant quad jumps for the xmas race please.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by got2havit
sorry iam not talking about the week of that race iam looking at this week you have oval practice 2/3/4 and racing the 5th and no offroad sunday.which shouldn't take long to take up the jumps and get the oval ready,then the week of the christmas classic the track is closed 15/16/17th why not have practice these days for the offroad it shouldn't take that long to throw down the carpet jumps. i have to say this will be the first time i have ever ran dirt with carpet jumps should be interesting. it seems like there should be more offroad practice prior to this race for us out of towners instead of one day. i know i will be in town that week until thursday for work then have to be back at the office friday morning and wasn't planning on making the trip until sat morning thats why iam ?ing the practice days.but hey you caint change for just one person.
The big oval race is from the 8-13th and will require a lot of hours at the track for Chris and away from his family, and after that he is making a completely new offroad layout for the Chrismas classic race, and open practice is Friday only as not to give anyone a big advantage.(We all know WYD will be fast anyway). So anyway after the oval race is over Chris will be getting some well deserved rest and time with his family in addition to planning the offroad layout.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:58 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I know many of you guys came down to motorama early this year (feb). if some of you (especially if u plan on attending next february) can voice your displeasure with not only the increase in entry fee, but the change in entry fee. they stated both on site, here in forum, and in public at race tracks like bumps that it would be 50/class straight. stiff yes, and considerin many of us electric racers didnt get promised awards....i'd be askin questions.

Well today they 'update' the registration page and now 1st class is 65 dollars (50 thereafter) with a line that sounds like it came from barrack's speech writer...

"$15.00 has been added to your subtotal to cover the costs of your first class selection"

Hmm what?

As i said in their thread, its has to be the 1st time i've seen a promoter set a price then raise it on folks (no i'm not talkin bout late entry here).

Hopefully we can get some of you folks to chime in, thx.

R
Old 12-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
I know many of you guys came down to motorama early this year (feb). if some of you (especially if u plan on attending next february) can voice your displeasure with not only the increase in entry fee, but the change in entry fee. they stated both on site, here in forum, and in public at race tracks like bumps that it would be 50/class straight. stiff yes, and considerin many of us electric racers didnt get promised awards....i'd be askin questions.

Well today they 'update' the registration page and now 1st class is 65 dollars (50 thereafter) with a line that sounds like it came from barrack's speech writer...

"$15.00 has been added to your subtotal to cover the costs of your first class selection"

Hmm what?

As i said in their thread, its has to be the 1st time i've seen a promoter set a price then raise it on folks (no i'm not talkin bout late entry here).

Hopefully we can get some of you folks to chime in, thx.

R
yea thats a bunch of bs man.
i thought the entry was pricy last year...really piss me off to wait in line for a half an hour to practice for 5/6 minutes or whatever it was.
and i hated the way they did qualifying.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

whats the best spur /pinion combo for bumps in a B4 with a Mamba sidewinder 4600 and 2c lipo? I'm new to this electric stuff...
Old 12-02-2009, 09:58 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Moto721
The big oval race is from the 8-13th and will require a lot of hours at the track for Chris and away from his family, and after that he is making a completely new offroad layout for the Chrismas classic race, and open practice is Friday only as not to give anyone a big advantage.(We all know WYD will be fast anyway). So anyway after the oval race is over Chris will be getting some well deserved rest and time with his family in addition to planning the offroad layout.
I won't even practice that much as Friday is my normal work day at Bumps.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:06 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Hixie
whats the best spur /pinion combo for bumps in a B4 with a Mamba sidewinder 4600 and 2c lipo? I'm new to this electric stuff...
78 or 81 spur with a 20 to 22 tooth pinion will get you in the ball park. Low start power, 20% punch control, normal timing but you can easily run less as it will help to smooth out the power. Most have found you don't need that much power to go fast at Bumps.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks WYD, I knew you had the answer.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:20 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Hixie
Thanks WYD, I knew you had the answer.
Hit me up if you need any more info on your system. We can go over it as needed next time you at Bumps for offroad which won't be til the 18th but I have more ways to tame it down if need be.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:06 PM

bumps guys, who all is lookin at doin that race in ohio next mth? curious bout it.

sadly a big carpet race is goin on same time. some guys i know will have to choose ha.

R
Old 12-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

bumps guys, who all is lookin at doin that race in ohio next mth? curious bout it.

sadly a big carpet race is goin on same time. some guys i know will have to choose ha.

R
Ryan, they lowered the Rama entry fee.. you going?
Old 12-03-2009, 03:54 PM

yeh, sometimes you gotta call em like u see em. despite folks flingin mudd in ur face. but i called the ball and they replied. so its 45/30.

might ask u to borrow the practice buggy instead of confusin myself 2brands of car for stock and mod.

R
Old 12-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

yeh, sometimes you gotta call em like u see em. despite folks flingin mudd in ur face. but i called the ball and they replied. so its 45/30.

might ask u to borrow the practice buggy instead of confusin myself 2brands of car for stock and mod.

R
yeah, let me know...
Old 12-03-2009, 05:49 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

R
If its the ROAR Nats 80 bucks a class, 35 ROAR fee and if you run rubber you need spec tires. Very steep price when you could get a hotel for anight and pay an offroad entry fee and put gas in your car for the price af the ROAR race. Pretty easy on what to choose.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

R
I'm going to crcrc. Its an awsome race! You should go its a lot of fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.