Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoelV
Alright, so building my second jrxs-r. First one I bought used.

Building the diffs, it seems the diff spring is too long. I noticed that it didn't seem right for the thrust bearing to be exposed, tightening one for a while figuring it would collapse the spring, but eventually I heard a loud crack and it didn't compress the spring at all.

Finally took apart a diff from the first car. Comparing the diff springs, the correct one is silver in color, 3 turns in the spring and .267in. The ones I got in this kit are black in color, 4 turns in the spring and .429 in.

Suggestions?
JoelV Please respond to your Emails and PM about the RDX Phi I have sent payment for. Thanks, Steve
Old 11-15-2008, 02:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sfkilo
JoelV Please respond to your Emails and PM about the RDX Phi I have sent payment for. Thanks, Steve
Sfkilo - I don't think JoelV is riding dirty with your newly purchased car. He is a good guy but has the unfortunately tendency to hang out w/ eskimos.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

That is a relief as I had a major issue with a hobbytalk user $600 worth of cars & parts decided to not show up and now I get really concerned with non response after payment is sent. I appreciate your vote of confidence it makes me feel allot better, Steve
Old 11-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Default diff kit

Originally Posted by dgullickson
We now have the solid caged with ceramic balls pressed in for an even smoother diff and the solid brass piece is a little thicker now to hold up even longer.

Ok quick ? which diff kit is best the one for $18.95 or $24.95 I saw on the axiom web site they both have the same parts in the kits. Please help, Need to rebuild my diffs. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sfkilo
That is a relief as I had a major issue with a hobbytalk user $600 worth of cars & parts decided to not show up and now I get really concerned with non response after payment is sent. I appreciate your vote of confidence it makes me feel allot better, Steve
i think you should be sorted out by now Steve. are you cool??
Old 11-16-2008, 06:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adim_X
I got my Type R all put together. Tomorrow will be the first race. I am a rookie to electric onroad, but am very experienced in 1/8th buggy. I have a question. I am using a novak gtb with 10.5 motor and foam tires. What throttle profile on the speed control should I use? The track is a tight small course with lots of low speed turns.
your best bet is to start with factory settings.then play with the settings to get the feel that you want.tc on foam tire is going to have way more acceleration than the 1/8 scale racing that your used to.so driving a tc will be a little different for ya.as for throttle profile...just play with it a little.try a notch higher then so forth to get the feeling you like the most.i use an lrp sphere tc.i have mine set about 4 i think.i dont know the differences from the esc though.

hope this helps.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adim_X
I got my Type R all put together. Tomorrow will be the first race. I am a rookie to electric onroad, but am very experienced in 1/8th buggy. I have a question. I am using a novak gtb with 10.5 motor and foam tires. What throttle profile on the speed control should I use? The track is a tight small course with lots of low speed turns.
Gettting gearing right for the track will make a much bigger impact than the throttle profile. I would leave it on the default one for now and turn up the drag brake setting, this will help the car through the tighter sections.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Detroitlion
Ok quick ? which diff kit is best the one for $18.95 or $24.95 I saw on the axiom web site they both have the same parts in the kits. Please help, Need to rebuild my diffs. Thanks for the help.
The one for 24.95 comes with ceramic balls for the diff and ceramic balls for the thrust

The one for 18.95 comes with ceramic balls for the diff and carbide balls for the thrust.

The 24.95 one is by far smoother
Old 11-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default LOSI RACER COMING OUT OF RETIREMENT

OK, I've been on "RC Racing Leave" for about a year. Now the baby is a year old and dad wants to start racing again...

As I last called it quits for a while I was running all Ni-MH, not 'cus I like them, but because my 2 JRXS-R (one carpet foam, one carpet rubber) just ran better. They had a little more punch and the setups that we were running were really based on the higher CG of a 6 cell pack. When I'd put in a Li-PO the car didn't have the roll/bite (especially rubber tire on med bite carpet). So, although I was running a steel plate battery tray, I was putting some lead way up high to try to get the same feel..

Anyhow, I've pulled down Mike Haynes recent setups (as well as others), but any comments on running these on LiPO? Change roll center? or just tinker with lead way up high like I used to to get CG in same location as Ni-MH pack??

Cheers,

Mark Taylor
Old 11-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default motor fans

I was reading the thread and saw guys saying the 25mm motor fans work. I dont see how that can be because the spacing where you mount them is 20mm?
How are you guys doing this?

Last edited by nitrobeast; 11-16-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markf3x
Anyhow, I've pulled down Mike Haynes recent setups (as well as others), but any comments on running these on LiPO? Change roll center? or just tinker with lead way up high like I used to to get CG in same location as Ni-MH pack??

Cheers,

Mark Taylor
Mark, I'm fortunate enough to see Mike almost every weekend at 360 R/C Speedway In NY and he runs LiPo in his TypeR's, so any recent setups you see from him will already be based on the low CG of a LiPo and I wouldn't worry about putting any weight up high to simulate a NIMH pack...
Old 11-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
I was reading the thread and saw guys saying the 25mm motor fans work. I dont see how that can be because the spacing where you mount them is 20mm?
How are you guys doing this?
most people are just using one screw to hold the fan onto the bulkhead when using the 25mm fan... but i never had a problem with the 20mm novak fans.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trips
Mark, I'm fortunate enough to see Mike almost every weekend at 360 R/C Speedway In NY and he runs LiPo in his TypeR's, so any recent setups you see from him will already be based on the low CG of a LiPo and I wouldn't worry about putting any weight up high to simulate a NIMH pack...
This is great to hear..

I've been going back through many, many pages through this thread to find out what LiPO's to buy that have great punch and will fit. What LiPO's is Mike running?? I'm still running Orion 4800 20c, but would like to try some 30 or 35C batteries.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Mark,

Mike is running the SMC 5300's, they take some grinding on the pulleys to fit in the car from what I understand, also some grinding on the steel LiPO plate if you[re gonna use that.

I'm running the Orion 5000 Platinum II which fits right in with no need for any extra work. I can't say it's the equal of the SMC, but I can't say it isn't either. I'm not feeling any lack of power in any way. I don't know the C rating of the PlatinumII, but make no mistake, internal resistance and average voltage over the duration of the race would be FAR more important in determining the performance of a pack. That being said, the higher C rated packs should tend to have lower internal resistance, but it's not always a certainty. In any event, the SMC packs are great packs if you don't mind the minor work to get the chassis to accept them. If you'd rather go for a direct fit, I don't think the Platinum II will disappoint you.

Losi have some 4400's that drop right in, I think Larry Fairtrace and Jason Schreffler were running them last time they were at 360 and they were blazing quick, so there's another option to consider.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Well I raced my JrxsR today for the first time today. I realized pretty quickly that the throttle profile on GTB was the least of my worries. I managed to rip both front A-arms off the car and chew up 2 spurs while practicing and in my quals. However I did have fun. Sedan racing requires a whole lot more concentration when we are turning 8-9 second lap times (small track). Overall my car felt really good when i got into a brief groove, I just could not keep it off the walls. I need some more practice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.