Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF417

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
Blue thongs! Are we really heading there... lol EA you know you want an optimized purple/pink man thong!
He wants a gold thong with xray across the butt! Maybe they will even be so little he can hang them on the tamiya sway bars when he finds them!

Make sure you send us a pic EA! See ya at the Reedy Kody
Old 02-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This thread is getting

Old 02-28-2011, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Sorry didn't know it was a closed forum.............even though I know Adam and his passion for his Tamiya cars and his passion to actually get some factory support. either States side or other.

Guess if your not looking at every car out there and their development of parts and just bury your head in the sand looking at only one car, you'll soon be on the outside looking in. You should maybe give Mark a scolding for trying the Awesomatic car out after that race too.

Adam - Please PM me with any questions you have, I will do everything possible to help you and this forum the best I can.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eComet
I have the TRF416X with Lipo chassis from Tamiya as well as TRF417. Doing a side-by-side comparison, the TRF416X allows more chassis flex due to thinner upper deck and split center pulley blocks, in addition I also use the split suspension blocks.

The TITC track is extremely high grip and pretty large, so chassis flex is very much desired. I think the original TRF417 is stiffer than the TRF416X with Lipo chassis, but less than the original TRF416X.

Probably there will be optional upper deck in the work to tune the chassis flex.

Try to use the split suspension blocks to see if it helps.

Very interesting post. Some guys who switched to the 417 said they felt the 416X lipo car had more traction. And one very fast guy preferred the original 416X with nimh cut outs on high grip carpet

I think I'm gonna fabricate my own plate, its been on my mind for ages. Couldn't be bothered before (I have a professional workshop and all the tools, that's why I can't be bothered). 2mm but I want decent lipo retainers unlike the Smokem FX . And cut perfectly symmetrical

Just curious. It is RcTech after all !
Old 03-01-2011, 01:36 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hana166
Very interesting post. Some guys who switched to the 417 said they felt the 416X lipo car had more traction. And one very fast guy preferred the original 416X with nimh cut outs on high grip carpet

I think I'm gonna fabricate my own plate, its been on my mind for ages. Couldn't be bothered before (I have a professional workshop and all the tools, that's why I can't be bothered). 2mm but I want decent lipo retainers unlike the Smokem FX . And cut perfectly symmetrical

Just curious. It is RcTech after all !
I think TRF417 is better out-of-the-box for high grip carpet racing because it's stiffer. Look at how Jilles won the Snowbirds in January.

The original TRF416X chassis is stiffer than the optional lipo chassis, which is why it's a favorite to run on carpet tracks. I run my TRF416X with lipo chassis for carpet and I have to stiffen by adding the steering brace. I still feel some slack when the car is turning due to flexing, even on Cirtix Spec class.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:07 AM
Tech Addict

I see, so 416X stiffest, 417, then 416X lipo least stiff, correct?

So far I've found that the car needs stiffening at the front for high grip carpet, but not necessarily at the rear

When I had the T3 I fitted an Exotek chassis, which was much stiffer, and it was awful, spinning out everywhere. Perhaps the set up needs to be changed also when changing the stiffness
Old 03-01-2011, 04:45 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
Blue thongs! Are we really heading there... lol EA you know you want an optimized purple/pink man thong!
Originally Posted by Sean Williams
He wants a gold thong with xray across the butt! Maybe they will even be so little he can hang them on the tamiya sway bars when he finds them!

Make sure you send us a pic EA! See ya at the Reedy Kody
It would have to be Orange. Dont need it to say Xray....Thats already Tatoo'd! J/K.

Sean if they were that small theres no way my big ass would fit into them!

EA
Old 03-01-2011, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
It would have to be Orange. Dont need it to say Xray....Thats already Tatoo'd! J/K.

Sean if they were that small theres no way my big ass would fit into them!

EA
Old 03-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Chassis stiffening

Couldn't you stiffen the front end using the holes located at the steering brace and upper deck? I wondering if there will be a aluminum option part to join the upper deck and steering together. Also why is one side of the steering brace counter sunk?

Cheers.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

do you guys using x-ray servo saver?? do i need any modification on it??
Old 03-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eComet
I think TRF417 is better out-of-the-box for high grip carpet racing because it's stiffer. Look at how Jilles won the Snowbirds in January.

The original TRF416X chassis is stiffer than the optional lipo chassis, which is why it's a favorite to run on carpet tracks. I run my TRF416X with lipo chassis for carpet and I have to stiffen by adding the steering brace. I still feel some slack when the car is turning due to flexing, even on Cirtix Spec class.
Took your comments on board. Used the 416 lipo bottom deck but with 416X top deck, which is considerably stiffer than the lipo top deck

Raised front roll centre to 1mm under blocks, further smoothing out the steering

Fitted the steering brace. This made a massive difference, car super smooth and consistent, yet it still had initial turn in. Great !

Finally to get more initial turn in I laid down the rear shocks one hole and the car was right on the money. Best I ever had the car, by far.

TQ and fastest lap at local club on old worn out Sorex's
Old 03-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hana166
Took your comments on board. Used the 416 lipo bottom deck but with 416X top deck, which is considerably stiffer than the lipo top deck

Raised front roll centre to 1mm under blocks, further smoothing out the steering

Fitted the steering brace. This made a massive difference, car super smooth and consistent, yet it still had initial turn in. Great !

Finally to get more initial turn in I laid down the rear shocks one hole and the car was right on the money. Best I ever had the car, by far.

TQ and fastest lap at local club on old worn out Sorex's
Congratulations on your TQ! I think I am going to try your setup for my last series race this coming weekend.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
Couldn't you stiffen the front end using the holes located at the steering brace and upper deck? I wondering if there will be a aluminum option part to join the upper deck and steering together. Also why is one side of the steering brace counter sunk?

Cheers.
Chat with the designer, Kiyo. At this moment there's no post for that but he suggested to use steering posts and some shims, if you want to make the front stiffer.

I think this could be use for carpet race?
Old 03-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Is this the best for drifting..

trf417 does it good for drifting or touring?
Old 03-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default How much the price for this chasis..

could anybody tell me how much the price for this trf417.. and where can i buy online which website the best price for new buyer like me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.