Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Addict

Default results of pre-race voodoo

Originally Posted by Grenade10
Stupid Flame Out ..............

I'm still not happy that I let that happen at the race ....... Next year!
He He He......that 'Voodoo Doughnut' backfired on you didn't it.......Just by looking in that box caused my Locktite to fail but I was able to finish the B Main with that screw dragging on the track causing erratic 'doughnuts' to left and right in front of traffic........sheeeesh, what a panic.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C-Trickle
So if Xray is looking at doing a long GT car, why is Rino's Xray proto a short chassis car? From a research and development pov, that wouldn't make any sense.....
That is because this is an independent project that he is working on. He is getting technical informational help from Ralph and some folks at RC America on it. I will leave it at that.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
Stupid Flame Out ..............

I'm still not happy that I let that happen at the race ....... Next year!
Next year it is then!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
He He He......that 'Voodoo Doughnut' backfired on you didn't it.......Just by looking in that box caused my Locktite to fail but I was able to finish the B Main with that screw dragging on the track causing erratic 'doughnuts' to left and right in front of traffic........sheeeesh, what a panic.
Jerry - Not really, as the main was my best run of the weekend, Got to thank my pit guy for puttin up with the issues and keeping it going. Next year he gets one as well ....... So be prepaired!

JLock - You may see me again prior to Joliet. But I'll povide a soda if you finish ahead of me next year at the Byrons race. Plus I want another shot at Howard ......

Always fun racing with the Texas guys!!!
Old 08-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Anybody got a website for the KYOSHO GT1 bodies? I want an untainted f430 or 350z..
Old 08-05-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

what are guys running for clutches? im looking for medium punch with good mileage. anyone running the buku? is it outlawed?
Old 08-05-2012, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J-milz
Anybody got a website for the KYOSHO GT1 bodies? I want an untainted f430 or 350z..
I have 3 kyosho brand new in bag clear ferrari bodies , $200 each shipped .. if you can find it anywhere in the world go for it
Old 08-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FLoJo
I have 3 kyosho brand new in bag clear ferrari bodies , $200 each shipped .. if you can find it anywhere in the world go for it
At $200 how can I go wrong? I'll be better off buying the Audi r8 and the longer chassis. I'll still have money for fuel. But thanks anyway.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

At $200 how can I go wrong? I'll be better off buying the Audi r8 and the longer chassis. I'll still have money for fuel. But thanks anyway.
Yea I feel you bro , some just cant afford what they really want so settle for less. Me on other hand will pay the extra dollar just to have somthing that the rest of world cant get their hands on anymore .
If you find the longer chassis and r8 body cheaper and still have money left for anything let me know , ill take 10 of them now and get all my buddies to start racing no bs
Old 08-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Tech Regular

Yea I feel you bro , some just cant afford what they really want so settle for less. Me on other hand will pay the extra dollar just to have somthing that the rest of world cant get their hands on anymore .
If you find the longer chassis and r8 body cheaper and still have money left for anything let me know , ill take 10 of them now and get all my buddies to start racing no bs
The street price of the R8 is about $65, the red GT2 chassis kit is $65. So $130, and money for a couple gallons of fuel. You better get those buddies racing.

At that price you're better off ordering a BYSM or Deltaplastik Rally Game body for your GT1. Super tough, great handling, and look great on the track.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Body Needed

Guy's ......

I am putting a friend in a Spec DM-1 GT ride for the Sweep Race at the end of the month, but he needs a body to paint and likes more realistic rides. So trying to find a clear Porsche / Ferrari 430 for him and can't find anyone that has one in stock.

Any one know a shop that has one or have one they would part with????

Thanks in Advance

Mark
Old 08-09-2012, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Wink

What I can afford and what I'm willing to pay is apples and oranges. I'm not looking to pad someone's pocket for a want. Especially when there are better options. My local track (FBF) is not a tight track so the longer WB is ideal. But thanks anyway.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

@j-milz u can use protoform, alpha r2 or ipanema body if u want for ur gt1. and for gt2 alpha r1, ipanema and corvette body. bruckner has them on stock

absolutehobbyz has a few bodies available also
http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/index.php?cPath=225_267
Old 08-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Tech Adept

What I can afford and what I'm willing to pay is apples and oranges. I'm not looking to pad someone's pocket for a want. Especially when there are better options. My local track (FBF) is not a tight track so the longer WB is ideal. But thanks anyway.

its all good my man !!!
you posted " untainted Ferrari body " not sure what better options you speak of but its all you . I was jsut throwing it out there not forcing anyone to buy anything . I dont think you can call it paddin somones pocket for somthing that is discontinued or unavailable to the rest of the world unless somone lets go of their personal collection . I been seachin for months and luckily came across mine . I paid well over 2wice retail cost so im sure theres other suckers out there also I know I am not alone lol . That said there is a used Ferrari body on ebay right now .. I know its not unpainted but doesnt look bad .. Might be out of your willing to spend range though but who knows ..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/kyosho-infer...item19d418d487
Old 08-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

its all good my man !!!
you posted " untainted Ferrari body " not sure what better options you speak of but its all you . I was jsut throwing it out there not forcing anyone to buy anything . I dont think you can call it paddin somones pocket for somthing that is discontinued or unavailable to the rest of the world unless somone lets go of their personal collection . I been seachin for months and luckily came across mine . I paid well over 2wice retail cost so im sure theres other suckers out there also I know I am not alone lol . That said there is a used Ferrari body on ebay right now .. I know its not unpainted but doesnt look bad .. Might be out of your willing to spend range though but who knows ..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/kyosho-infer...item19d418d487
I appreciate the help, but I already started getting the parts to make it a GT2. I really like the Audi R8 and it seems to work at my local track. Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.