Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default US Indoor Champs

Good luck to all the Serpent drivers attending the Indoor Champs in Cleveland this weekend.

and a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anybody using the Yokomo pink and blue springs for carpet?
I see some team drivers use them.
I ordered a set from a main. Noticed they are slightly longer then the stock springs on my ERYX, is that ok? Any input on them?
Old 11-28-2013, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Voltron989
I ordered a set from a main. Noticed they are slightly longer then the stock springs on my ERYX, is that ok? Any input on them?
The springs will work on the ERYX, as long as you run around 5.5mm ride height, its pretty hard to get under that with the stock shock pieces. Performance wise lots of people like them, not only with our car but other makes as well, and they get good results.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Further to Gary's suggestion You can carefully sand about 1mm off the bottom of the bottom spring retainers to gain a lower ride height if required. This is what we had to do at aoc to use the yoko springs.

Personally I didn't have the time to set up the yoko springs well enough and my car was faster with the kit black grey springs. I used to always run the kit springs till I tried the new short ride springs. These new springs are the shiznit!
Old 11-28-2013, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

I run the Yokomo pink/blue combo most of the time. I keep trying other things, but keep coming back. I can just barely get the front down to ~5mm without modification. The rear is no problem.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

The standard kit springs i have found to be pretty good, but im really liking the new ride short springs for sure.

Rhys
Old 11-29-2013, 02:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by crabboy
The standard kit springs i have found to be pretty good, but im really liking the new ride short springs for sure.

Rhys
Which one (Ride short) to go on carpet and which on asphalt?
Old 11-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I use the pink and blue on my car and have had no problem with ride hight or handling.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've asked this question before but have had no response. I'm currently trying to convert my onroad fleet to all serpent. Looking at the 411 for my gt and a mod chassis. The eryx is def. the mod chassis but is a bit pricey for gt. Is there a lot of difference between the sport and eryx looking at the spec sheet all I can see is the plastic shock bodies and bulkheads. If any one has both please tell me if the sport would be a good choice.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by scooby61
I've asked this question before but have had no response. I'm currently trying to convert my onroad fleet to all serpent. Looking at the 411 for my gt and a mod chassis. The eryx is def. the mod chassis but is a bit pricey for gt. Is there a lot of difference between the sport and eryx looking at the spec sheet all I can see is the plastic shock bodies and bulkheads. If any one has both please tell me if the sport would be a good choice.
Hi. The S411 TE is a great choice. I really like both cars but i always seem to like the TE better.
JMO

Nick K
Old 11-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scooby61
The only 2 people that I know of that have run the Sport don't frequent this site very much, so I think thats the lack of answer, sorry.

I do believe that the chassis, top plate and the shock towers are fiberglass instead of carbon fiber and regular length shocks. Also the suspension blocks are plastic instead of alloy. Some of the alloy parts, motor mount, are not as finished looking.

I know Tim Potter ran one and had good success with it. If you search on this forum for Tims posts you may be able to track some info down, but it was a while back.

Also on the actual Serpent (EU) website one of the racers did a bit of a report on running the Sport instead of a upper end car, he had good results with it as well........but I can't remember the guys name.........think he is from Turkey.

If you really want to see the difference between the cars, again, go to the Serpent (EU) site and check out the replacement parts for the Sport, it will pretty much tell you all the differences.

Not much help, but its all I have, again, sorry.

Last edited by Johnny Wishbone; 11-29-2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Motor mount is alloy.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Phoenix82
Hi. The S411 TE is a great choice. I really like both cars but i always seem to like the TE better.
JMO

Nick K
Different beast than a Sport Nick.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
The only 2 people that I know of that have run the Sport don't frequent this site very much, so I think thats the lack of answer, sorry.

I do believe that the chassis, top plate and the shock towers are fiberglass instead of carbon fiber and regular length shocks. Also the suspension blocks are plastic instead of alloy. Some of the alloy parts, motor mount, are not as finished looking.

I know Tim Potter ran one and had good success with it. If you search on this forum for Tims posts you may be able to track some info down, but it was a while back.

Also on the actual Serpent (EU) website one of the racers did a bit of a report on running the Sport instead of a upper end car, he had good results with it as well........but I can't remember the guys name.........think he is from Turkey.

If you really want to see the difference between the cars, again, go to the Serpent (EU) site and check out the replacement parts for the Sport, it will pretty much tell you all the differences.

Not much help, but its all I have, again, sorry.
It was Mustafa Alp that ran the Sport.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the help guys
Old 11-29-2013, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Geberit
Which one (Ride short) to go on carpet and which on asphalt?
On asphalt we ran the car a little soft, we were running ride short whites front and rear, on carpet we only had the standard kit springs.

Rhys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.