Old 04-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hmm, it would make a sick looking 4wd buggy
Old 04-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Chris Furman
Just spoke with LOSI... Parts are now being phased out officially. Car is DEAD. Bummer!
thats a shame, i suppose theres not much point in trying to find
a kit now
Old 04-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clayton
thats a shame, i suppose theres not much point in trying to find
a kit now
Still a great car Clayton. Between me and Skyrocket, there will be a top deck to fit the standard car soon. As far as I know this is the only part not available now.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Someone Take Torys shoelaces

Originally Posted by Chris Furman
Just spoke with LOSI... Parts are now being phased out officially. Car is DEAD. Bummer!
Dead as in like deadly on the track right .... that's what they meant right ... RIGHT!?

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
Still a great car Clayton. Between me and Skyrocket, there will be a top deck to fit the standard car soon. As far as I know this is the only part not available now.
Yes we are going to do our best to support the car and team .
Old 04-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

All this talk about 50/50 bias makes sense for some classes. I am now racing it in USVTA where I think the rear bias is a distinct advantage. We have found some of the fastest chassis on our track to be the Type R and the original XRAY T1 with the Lipo mounted transverse up against the motor. Makes sense when you think about the tire sizes.

When we were running weight handicapping up to 1650 grams I would put all the weight on the rear of my xxx-s and it worked really well!

Hmm.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
thanks Paul, is there anyone in oz that is selling these kits or is
it something to pick-up from o.s.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 147 (99%+)

$319us thru AMain Hobbies Clayton..bargin!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FK05 lover
$319us thru AMain Hobbies Clayton..bargin!
thanks Jim
Old 04-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hmmm sounds like I may just leave my Type R as a shelf queen since its never been on the track. I always wanted to get me an TM E4RS this might be a good time. I will keep my ears to the grind stone. I hope they are not really killing the car. DAMN LOSI!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

SAD!!

I guess after Jr. left, the Type R was as good as dead at Losi. They knew they could'nt improve upon it so they kicked it aside like a stepchild. Now all they have that's worth a dang is the 8ight line and theyre gonna ride that design till version 20.0 or beyond cause I don't think anybody presently there can design anything that will ever be close to what Jr. is capable of designing. Just take a look at the rest of their line up and you'll see crap or half-assed rehashes of Jr's work. Losi Strike....WHAT A JOKE! They should rename the company TEAM LUCY cause right now they're disrespecting the real Losi's.

OK..(taking a deep breath). Sorry 'bout my rant. Just pissed thats all. Pissed! Was an AE fan for many years till I bought the "R" and I finally saw what I was missing out on. Then this news.

Anyways, i'm still keeping my "R" cause I still think it IS the best tc out there. I love driving it and yes, love the wide sweetspot. Car is pretty tough too with just C-hub breakages (my fault of course). I just hope there's enough parts out there to last all of us a many more years.

Last edited by FREAKAH; 04-09-2010 at 03:37 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

This is sad, I have an a$$ load of parts for this car but whats the one thing I don't have? A topdeck, and guess what I cracked tonight in an offtrack excursion (Yeah, I clipped the pipe and went of the track and hit the wall!) my topdeck! Now what? First off I need to keep it on the track, I hate it cause the car is very fast and I'm still far from a sweet spot with mine.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So I took my Type R for its first run at our track today.
First impressions are good, seems to over steer a bit out of corners.
Was using slightly worn rubber tyres on asphalt so I don't think that was the problem.
Any ideas on what to change to help it stick a bit better?
Car also has front one way, I have ordered a front spool but have to wait for stock.
Also what is a good gearing to use with a Novak Ballistik 10.5t?
I am using 48p gears, my spur is a 90t.
Thanks, Ben.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Lots of doom and gloom. There are still plenty of parts in the channel. No reason to not run the car. Belts arms and such are plentiful and i talked /w horizon and they plan on having and making parts for the foreseeable future. They estimate 22,000+ of these things were sold in world wide so there is a decent sized installed base. I talked w/ the retail side of things and they say hobby shops (like mine) are still ordering the parts so until they see that decline they are going to keep making the parts. Matter of fact they were out of stock on front knuckles and i got my back order filled 3 days ago so they are defiantly still making parts.

Now about your topdeck. I'll see what i can do about hustling one up for you. Email me at my webstore please (use the contact us button) and i'll see what i can do. I may have one or two extras in my parts bin.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BennyBagems
Was using slightly worn rubber tyres on asphalt so I don't think that was the problem.
Car also has front one way, I have ordered a front spool but have to wait for stock.
Thanks, Ben.
Glad you liked it....

Usually the biggest culprit for a loose rear end on power is the rear diff. The diffs in this chassis can be a real pain as they allow too much rubbish in... this is the price we pay for some of the other features that make this chassis fast... I suggest you spend some time getting the diff nice and smooth and FREE. One trick to note is make sure you don't overtighten the rear belt AND grease up the inside edge of the diff pulley. This part rotates over hardened alloy instead of a bearing so you need to ensure it is not sticking under load.

On the subject of parts... There are plenty of parts around for the XXX-s still, so the JRX-S should have parts for a long time yet. The idea of improving the chassis core design will involve new rear bulkheads (these will actually be fronts on the back), new mid bulkhead, new belts, new upper/lower deck, and servo mount/servo saver adapter. It will retain all the other parts the chassis currently uses and will more than likely include new tricks like adjustable flex. I can't wait to have a play with it and look forward to the potential it will add to a already FAST chassis.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BennyBagems
Thanks, Ben.
check out this post: http://www.rctech.net/forum/7242383-post11625.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.