Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Good Luck!
Old 03-26-2002, 02:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Well the TCS was awesome, 167 racers, the largest TCS to date!!!! Gotta goto work, but I will give a run-down after I get home........
Old 03-26-2002, 05:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Yea Impact - that TCS race was awesome I wasnt expecting to see that many people there nor from such far away places

How did you make out?? I was having major rear traction problems but still finished respectable (at least what I see as respectable)
Old 03-26-2002, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just got a TA04 Pro Blue Collection and I have a small problem with the ball diff assembly. I can't screw the diff with the small spring on like the manual says. Anytips???

I'm planning to run P2K2 or Chrome stock on my Pro, any suggestion on the spur and pinion combination?
Old 03-26-2002, 08:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Center posts - where to get?

I have been checking all over the place and am wondering where I can find a set of center posts, part #9805675. Nobody seems to carry them. Is this something I need to get direct from Tamiya?
Old 03-26-2002, 08:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

hey work! didn't know you got the blue edition.... planning to run in GT1 class?

for the diff assembly.... don't have a pro, but the assembly is usually the same for ball diffs... first thing to check is the lock nut on the other side.... when you insert the diff screw, it might have pushed out the lock nut on the other side, the one keyed to the outdrive.... push it back in and hold it there with a small screwdriver or hex wrench, then try to tighten the diff screw again....

text on my globe 5286521 if you still are having problems....
Old 03-26-2002, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The tcs race was great. Maybe a little confusion on what really happened in F1 I don't feel all in the top three should have been their but Hickman really did win the other 2 well lets just say when you are told by a race director that if your transponder falls out you should pull off because you are not being scored any more ( What a bunch of crap ) I just wish the guys from tamiya would have steped in and solved the problem it was as simple as black and white... Boy did that track eat up tires. I though I was prepared in showing up with 8 pairs of tires for my ta04 I ended up going through 10 pairs in 2 days.. O well I still had alot of fun and the turnout was great. RC outfitters really is a suporter of tamiya If you show up with anything else you are a minority that part was really cool. everywhere you look all you saw were tao4's couldn't get much better than that..
Old 03-27-2002, 12:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

i really don't see the 'crap' in the decision.... it is the racer's responsibility to attach it to the car, not the director. it would have been a different matter if he was given the wrong transponder or if it doesn't register...

what did you expect the race director to do, count the laps? and if another one fell off, count laps for multiple cars? it a fair decision, firmly based on rules.
Old 03-27-2002, 03:00 AM
Tech Elite

jericsm-- tey where already counting laps for the no. 2 transponder, which failed in the very first heat of the day.

Also we had 3 hour waits between rounds, so it's not like we didn't sacrifice at all. Heck after the 2nd round of qualies I had to leave cause' I couldn't stand the back pain anymore, so I missed the mains. Also if they would allow you to use your chassis mounted transponder mount there wouldn't be any chance of a transponder coming out. But no you had to have it on the front windsheild, and on the F1's it was in a more vulnerable point yet....
Old 03-27-2002, 05:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

counting laps? guess they have only ten transponders? The clubs here have twenty, so they can charge the first set while the second set gets used.... and if one goes bad, we can just borrow from the other set. I know that at least two are bad from the twenty...

they were set to count laps for number 2, probably cause they already knew it was bad. so right from the start, they counted. but it's hard to start from the middle of the race.... just my opinion, though. And i know it's TCS, but ROAR rules are very strict on this, and they do ask you to park your car....

3 hours wait? You must have quite a turn out on your TCS. We have 15 rounds in the series (some countries have like five or less!), and none of the classes have more than ten racers (except the Stock touring, which is the highest participated in.... around 15 on a LEAN day ) It's ok for me to wait, as long as the schedule is followed... Last year in Thailand, the Asian Regionals, it was so well organized the races start on the minute it was scheduled...

sucks about the mounting... good thing we don't enforce that (AFAIK, TCS don't have that rule. ROAR does, i think...) I actually use an 04 mount on my TL01. And i know that in Thailand last year, they have no such rule. I had a transponder fall off before, I just stopped running (i was second before it happened) cause i knew it would be useless to continue. Now i secure it with a nitro clip! No chance to fall off, unless it takes the mount with it! hehehe

Regards,

Eric

Last edited by jericsm; 03-27-2002 at 05:32 AM.
Old 03-27-2002, 05:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Actually, the transponder location is usually left up to the track that is sponsoring the race...And that would apply to all sanctioning bodies...The track makes the ultimate decision about where and how the transponders are to be mounted - since a single transponder costs so much money...And yes, the track knew both #2 transponders went bad, BUT the racers were given the opportunity to run 9 in a heat verus 10, so that the race director didnt have to count a car...Majority rules and there were 10 cars ran...And YES they did have 20 transponders at the track - and as anyone knows, older transponders go bad after a while

That does suck about losing the transponder and ending the race...Every other track I've ever ran at doesnt do that, or at least they give you the opportunity to put the transponder back in
Old 03-27-2002, 07:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

it shouldn't have been left to racers to determine whether 9 or 10 will run.... like on qualifyings, on staggered starts, it's not enough to count laps, it's a time trial.... you know how that goes.... would be more applicable for the mains, cause then, first across the line wins....

it's a different case though for losing/dropping a transponder. mind you, the director didn't ask me to stop, i stopped cause i knew it would be pointless to continue since, even if the marshal got to put it back in, i would have been so far behind it would be useless.... it is just the qualifyings so i just shrugged it off and prepared for the next qualifying....

i think it is ROAR that mandates putting the transponder on the windshield. and if anything falls off your car during the race is an instant DQ? Someone will correct me, i'm sure....
Old 03-27-2002, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I understand that it is not manditory for a race director to count laps if your transponder falls out but most tracks do not have a problem doing it. Heck some tracks do not even use transponders and they can still run 10 cars. It should not be the end of your race especially in the mains. qualifing maybe but not the mains....
Old 03-27-2002, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

I have seen pics of Kinwald's, Hara's, Musami's, and several other pro racers car and all have chassis mounted transponder holders. So Roar doesn't mandate the windsheild. On the second part about DQ...I don't know, but I can look it up later....
Old 03-28-2002, 05:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you guys sound like you know what you're talking about....maybe you can help me out.... I'm pretty new to R/C and I got a tamiya car.(flame suit on) anyway, its got red springs which are soft and comes with this orangy oil.... its too soft a setting (figured that out cuz the car sparks sometimes) I adjusted preload and helped but not enough. I got the tuned spring set and i'm thinking blue front and yellow rear(firm, medium) but I have no idea as to what oil to use. my LHS only carries associated...would you guys know what weight matches the blue and the yellow springs given all shocks use 2hole disks inside?

I once put 30 wt with the stock chrome springs and the car looked like a pogo stick...I DONT want that to happen during the race!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.