Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Does anyone know if the Mugen box will work with the 8 and 8T. I have 2 mugen boxes and was getting ready to pick up a new buggy and truggy and was curious if the boces I have will work. I am almost 100% that the buggy will work, but the truggy chassis looks like it stays wide for the majority of the chassis, not sure if I will be able to get the pegs lined up correctly?

Thanks
Dave
Old 01-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have seen that box work for both.
TEX
Old 01-08-2008, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

The losi box is fine, even if you get an older one just beak in the brushes one motor at a time with one stick pack.
I use a 14.8 lipo pack in mine ....broke in the brushes.... it has been great ever since..
Don't sell yourself short because of some bad reveiws at the start... the box is fine and can save lots of room and money if running both classes
Old 01-08-2008, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chuckinator
If you don't have a losi starter box by now then you wont have one from the first batch. They are long gone by now.
My starter box for sure came from the first batch, since I had pre-ordered and never had any trouble.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by air8
Hellsavage--do you have the blue or black chrome top box? I'll check tonight if the top of the Losi box would fit on the black chrome top box.

I have had great luck with my Losi box. Mine was purchased out of the first batch I think. Cause my LHS only recieved two of them when they came out and I bought one of them. My fingers are crossed though.

Anyone know if the pressed on pinions from the Losi box motors will press on to all the 550 motors? Personally I'd like to use a grub screw to hold the pinions on. I don't like relying on friction from the shaft to pinion to start my big block engines, but it's working so far.
I have the black one whith the pannel and the glow start. It was a RTR at Tower. Best buy I ever made.
The ownly thing is, since I have both buggy and truggy. I hate the rebuilding.
The Losi box is a big upgrade and verry inovative so I am in doubt.
But if the top fits I have the best of both.

mzl Hellsavage
Old 01-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hellsavage
I have the black one whith the pannel and the glow start. It was a RTR at Tower. Best buy I ever made.
The ownly thing is, since I have both buggy and truggy. I hate the rebuilding.
The Losi box is a big upgrade and verry inovative so I am in doubt.
But if the top fits I have the best of both.

mzl Hellsavage
it wont fit....i tried it...about 1/2" shy and would end up on the inside of the Ofna box.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Integra
it wont fit....i tried it...about 1/2" shy and would end up on the inside of the Ofna box.
Thanks fore the reply.
This saves me some Ebay money.
I am still figguring out a way to put them up wihtout having to rebuild. Whem I find a way I will post.

Now heres an other thing.
I took the 8ight out for a drive and I went back within 20 min, Both the front tires came loose the foams where all out. Is this normal on a buggy? or is it a bad gleujob by Losi?
I bought me a pair of crime fighters do I have to chek theme out also.
I was use to GRP never had one flaw on the 8T and before on the HF. So I am in the blind on this one.
I hate gleuing tires

I found the ackerman plate to have slop out of the box. Is this normal?

mzl Hellsavage
Old 01-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hellsavage
Now heres an other thing.
I took the 8ight out for a drive and I went back within 20 min, Both the front tires came loose the foams where all out. Is this normal on a buggy? or is it a bad gleujob by Losi?
I bought me a pair of crime fighters do I have to chek theme out also.
I hate gleuing tires

I found the ackerman plate to have slop out of the box. Is this normal?

mzl Hellsavage
Both my 8B & 8T tyres tryed to peel themselves off the rims shortly after using them for the first time, all you can do is re-glue them, I use the Losi glue and is the best glue I have used to date.
I assume the crimfighters are premounts and I have never had a problem with them yet but I can't account for every premount
Ackerman on both of mine has a bit of play but it doesn't phase me and still goes in the direction I point it every time, holds the line and just turns spot on. I have no problem with it but other people do obviously. I saw somehwere on here people were using bearings on the ackerman but I am not sure how as the hole isn't round???? Dunno that one confuses me!
Old 01-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOOST
I saw somehwere on here people were using bearings on the ackerman but I am not sure how as the hole isn't round???? Dunno that one confuses me!
The keyed insert hole must be drilled out to make it round, if one wants, a dremel may do the trick.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
The keyed insert hole must be drilled out to make it round, if one wants, a dremel may do the trick.
Oh yeah, didn't think of that side of it! , MY BAD!!
In that case it would be a gr8 idea!
Old 01-09-2008, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Red face

I spent a lot of time on this car. Hours and hours to take out the slop. When I finally got it, it sucked. It became darty on the track. I went back to stock and was very happy. Use good lithium grease on the steel to steel connection and call it a day.
TEX
Old 01-09-2008, 07:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tex1
I spent a lot of time on this car. Hours and hours to take out the slop. When I finally got it, it sucked. It became darty on the track. I went back to stock and was very happy. Use good lithium grease on the steel to steel connection and call it a day.
TEX

darty ? u mean like a point and shoot kind of style.......did u check what was binding or making it like that before goin back to stock ?
Old 01-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I think what TEX is saying is that sometimes loose is fast.
The car needs some give to it to compensate for inconsistant ground/traction.
Kind of like having to much traction on the rear and you traction roll vs. a bit loose and getting a bit of slide.
I can see it but I myself have been hunting down all the loose points on the steering and trying to make them a minimun.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

what experiences have you guys had running the losi inserted rear toe plates?
I was thinking they would be a good investment but I would think that the inserts would still wear. can you buy replacement inserts like you can for the arms? if so please provide a part # because I could not find the #
Thanks guys for the info
Old 01-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i think the new plates with inserts is a must both front and rear. The inserts are replaceable for like $5 or so.. IMO its better over the long haul.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.