Search
Like Tree3Likes

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motojon
the front bulk heads are longer to accommodate the new wire bar mount and so the body post mount is also different
Looks longer but it's the same, just moulded to fit in the wired roll bar.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:57 PM
Tech Lord

OK, did get the old MRX5 kit for the spares and did take a look at the differences.

With my mspaint skils I made some drawings and 2 ideas how to use the old bulkheads with a WC edition upper bulkhead.
The 1st is just to drill a hole in the upper bulkhead, the seccond is an adapter to make the extension.
Attached Thumbnails MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-mrx5-mrx5wc.jpg  
Old 03-16-2014, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
OK, did get the old MRX5 kit for the spares and did take a look at the differences.

With my mspaint skils I made some drawings and 2 ideas how to use the old bulkheads with a WC edition upper bulkhead.
The 1st is just to drill a hole in the upper bulkhead, the seccond is an adapter to make the extension.
The former looks more sound!
Old 03-16-2014, 08:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have a brand new mrx5 WC kit in the box. $550 obo
Old 03-26-2014, 03:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Have any of you had any problems with the fuel tanks lately? I've bought 3 brand new ones and not one of them would seal correctly, I'm not too sure if it's the seam that's leaking or the lid? I keep having fuel all over my car after a run and every time it was refuelled it was done very carefully not to spill any so we can see what's happening, I've replaced all the fuel line etc but after 3 brand new tanks I finally have a tank that's not leaking. Anyone else having this problem????????
Old 03-30-2014, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kanea6
Have any of you had any problems with the fuel tanks lately? I've bought 3 brand new ones and not one of them would seal correctly, I'm not too sure if it's the seam that's leaking or the lid? I keep having fuel all over my car after a run and every time it was refuelled it was done very carefully not to spill any so we can see what's happening, I've replaced all the fuel line etc but after 3 brand new tanks I finally have a tank that's not leaking. Anyone else having this problem????????
I have never had a single issue with a Mugen tank. However here are some tips for keeping a prefect seal at the tank neck. When not in use either remove the o-ring from the lid or place a piece of a zip tie between the tank neck and lid. This will allow the tank neck to shrink down and the o-ring to expand. Whenever fueling always allow the tank lid springs to slam the lid closed.
Normally if you have a leak at the seam with a full tank the car will become most when sitting and if you run it the car will shut off/stop running a little bit past the half way point.
With the five be sure you have not mounted the receiver battery to far towards the rear (bins against the tank) or to far forward (leads or battery will make contract with front belt drive pulley).
Old 04-02-2014, 02:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ok thanks, now I have another question, by moving the front upper arms up or down what does it do to the car? Does it give the car more initial steer by moving it down or what???
Old 04-02-2014, 07:07 AM
Tech Champion

Ok thanks, now I have another question, by moving the front upper arms up or down what does it do to the car? Does it give the car more initial steer by moving it down or what???
The height position of upper arms link has something to do with front roll center .... ie. Front section body roll behavior.

If u increase the height position of upper arms on the outside ( adding shims on the steering wheel kingpin ) your car will be more responsive for chicanes , left - right - left slow corners. Technically the front of your car has higher roll center setup.... meaning : the front section is harder to experience body roll. My suggestions : follow the factory setup manual given by mugen seiki as your starting point.

Please download xray nt1 setup and read front and rear roll center topics.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

when u raise the inside of the upper front arms u are lowering roll center I find with them in the up position car pushes more so I leave them down and that's raising roll center lets its roll more = more traction
Old 04-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
when u raise the inside of the upper front arms u are lowering roll center I find with them in the up position car pushes more so I leave them down and that's raising roll center lets its roll more = more traction
Somewhat correct... Raising the inside pivot point of the front upper A-arms does lower the front roll center. But a higher roll center = Less roll = Less steering. Whenever the roll center is raised or moved closer to the Center of Gravity the car will roll less..

Pass you soon...
Old 04-02-2014, 04:12 PM
Tech Lord

Just change it and feel the difference.....
Old 04-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok no worries thanks everyone, im just at the pointy end where im just trying to find like .1-.2 of a second and just thinking of areas where i think the car may be lacking a little thanks
Old 04-03-2014, 02:01 AM
Tech Addict

ok no worries thanks everyone, im just at the pointy end where im just trying to find like .1-.2 of a second and just thinking of areas where i think the car may be lacking a little thanks
I know how you can find .5 of a Second!!!!
Old 04-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Congrats to L. Collari on his ENS victory!
Old 04-06-2014, 10:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SMcpot
Congrats to L. Collari on his ENS victory!
And Robert for his TQ and second place. Mugen 1 and 2!!!

Originally Posted by Aza088
I know how you can find .5 of a Second!!!!
The MRX5 has still got it Aza.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.