Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2001, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Schumacher is a English company and most of their cars are sold in Europe. Threaded shocks aren't viewed as essential there as they are in the US.

The decision makers at Schumacher wanted to include everthing that counts while keepng the price in check. The Std and Pro Mission both have Tungsten Carbide Diff Balls, Full bearings (including steering posts), Sway bars, all new diffs, diff cases, new suspension options, Alloy motor mount, Alloy shocks and new Low friction belts.
Old 10-16-2001, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply.

Just curious what Schumacher's thinking was....
Old 10-16-2001, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think Schumacher have got it just right in what to include with the new car.

I have always used threaded shocks until I got the Axis 2. I have been meaning to get them but really find them not necessary as my car can be made tweak free normally by the addition of one small spacer to the right rear shock. All balanced and correct ride height. Why threaded?
Old 10-16-2001, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

thanks adrian. look forward to seeing it.
Old 10-16-2001, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

I agree, Schuie has got it right now. And what comes to the threaded shocks not many likes to use them here, not even Teemu. And I still find the micro shocks the quickest ones for my driving style on carpet, so no threads for me...
Old 10-17-2001, 03:19 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Brain washed

Purple is ugly,
I prefer threaded shocks,

But I must say that you guys have done a terrific job in convincing me not to cancel my order...

...Adrian, you had me at Schumacher LOL
Old 10-17-2001, 07:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Adrian and PW have you guys see anything and or news about these cells???

http://www.powers-international.com...owers/r3300.htm
Old 10-17-2001, 08:44 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Dragonxmx: man, you were about to cancel your order because the car didn't have threaded shocks??? Did you really want the car in the first place???

anyway....

With all the winning that Schumacher has done with its cars, WITHOUT OVER PAID DRIVERS, I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt in knowing what to put in their kits.

I have run cars with and without threaded shocks and really, I prefer the non threaded units. Why, because all the set up sheets I have seen still measure the shock preload in "mm". Even when the car uses threaded shock bodies. Am I wrong? What setup sheet tells people to "turn the collar five times then stop"??? None that I know of. So whats the difference between a 2mm shock clip and turning the threaded shock collar down 2mm?

Some people say "oh, duhhhh, you can get more precise adjustments with the uhhhh, duhhhh, threaded bodies." But really, who can tell the difference between five turns and five and a half turn or five and a quarter turns without, like Corey said, having a tweak board. They can't so they end up measuring in "mm" just like the people with non-threaded shocks.

It kills me to see so many weekend racers have their heads stuck in "tweak this" and "tweak that" and "this must be precise" and "that must be precise" and then when they get done, they stick the car into a pipe in the first turn of a race and start screaming at the turn marshall!

If people spent just a LITTLE less time worrying about tweaking with threaded shocks and all that and more time practicing, we would all have alot cleaner races on the weekends.

Schumacher included everything you need to win in the new kits, plus some. I guarantee you that who has threaded shocks will not be the deciding factor as to who wins and who doesn't.

So whats the big deal?
Old 10-17-2001, 08:54 PM
Tech Regular

Darkside - You are 100% correct. I do tweak my car and do the droop(to much frustration) etc but never spend too much time. I try to let the driving do the talking

I think that Schumacher have got it just right in what to include in the new kit. Swaybars are the only thing that might not get used by me but its nice to have them there.

I love the tungsten carbide as standard. the word from Schumacher HQ is that the diffs are extremely smooth.

I cant wait.
Old 10-17-2001, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

Of my god! That's the last thing we need. New cells... I hope they are as bad as the old ones, so nobody would need to buy new cells.
Old 10-18-2001, 04:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Darkside, the big deal is that for 300+ bucks why not include the threaded shock bodies??? Don't get me wrong I love schumacher stuff and will probably have several Missions but it always seems like schumacher is trying to short change the customer. For years they have sold their basic kits at a pro kit price and then made a killing off of the hop ups that most of the time were a must have. For example, back when the SST98 was the latest kit, it went for around $200+ bucks but then to get the car to work you had to get the motor mnt, c/f chassis, good diff balls and a rack of other stuff. Where as for that first 200 bucks you could have got a Yok (YR4-M) OR HPI(pro 2) that came with all of that stuff out of the box.

I understand that they are in this to make money, but I would probably spend more money (on schumacher equipment) if I felt the schumacher gave a damn about the racer and what he/she needs.

Just my thoughts.........now I will sit and wish that my kit was here.
Old 10-18-2001, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Smile

Superiorhobbies is advertising the price for the Schumacher Mission " Schumacher Mission Pro 4wd Touring Sedan (B.B.) 214.95". That must be the FRP version, right???

http://www.superiorhobbies.com/on-ro...n-road-rc.html
Old 10-18-2001, 05:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I only asked the question about the threaded bodies..... mmm Because there were two different versions of the car, and thought a Pro version would come with the threaded bodies. I agree they are not a "must have", but for some people they are nice to have. You do not have to have them to race or win. Maybe I am wrong, but most "Pro Kits" on the market have them.

One more question..... Do the factory Shumacher drivers.. other teemo use them on thier A2's ?

my .002
Old 10-18-2001, 06:00 AM
Tech Regular

Im sponsored by Schumacher and race in Australia. I havent used the threaded shocks and see no real need for them. Teemu doesnt use them or two other team drivers I know in England. There is nothing more precise for getting equal side to side adjustment than spacers. The only time you might want threaded shocks is when you are setting tweak on scales or an MIP tweak station and the smallest shock spacer makes the car slightly off balance. I have never really found this and the difference would be minimal.
Old 10-18-2001, 06:11 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

spooky: I think some of them use them now. If you look back at when Tosilini was still with the team though, he and their other drivers did quite well without the threaded shocks.

The Teacher: see thats exactly my point. You say you "had" to get the graphite and the motor mount and all that stuff. Why??? When I bought the original SST2000 sedan, I won with it right out of the box. The version I bought had the heatsink and the sway bars instead of the body. That was all I needed to win. And what schumacher touring car have you bought that had bad ball diffs??? I have never had or heard anything but praise for the diffs Schumacher puts in their TCs.

And which Schumacher TC have you EVER bought that cost you $300+bucks. Me thinks your exaggerating just a weeee bit.

I agree with you about them short changing people, but only with their offroad cars. I mean come-on, $250.00 for an off road buggy with no slipperclutch? Now thats shorting people.

My issues with this is that most people just want the threaded shocks because other people tell them they need them to win. Kind of like the whole Aluminum shock thing. Well guess what, the shocks on my Corally cars are Plastic, but their also threaded, so does that make them good or bad? Its kind of hard to keep up with whats good and bad isn't it?

Last edited by Darkseid; 10-18-2001 at 06:14 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.