Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 06:45 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

King-G: dispite RC Car Action's BS about how only CA made specifically for RC will do the job correctly, I do just fine with off the Wal*Mart shelf "Loctite Quicktite Superglue". Its quality stuff, but its cheaper than the "hobbyshop" Loctite, but works just as well. My tires never come unglued, no matter what brand they are and I use very little of it. It comes in a bottle with a tip that never clogs and a top that never gets stuck on.

You should try it, and stop wasting your money on that "RC specific" crap. Its made by the exact same companies' with the exact same formula. They just relable it and raise the price. At least thats my feelings anyway.
Old 04-15-2002, 06:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have the same problem with the pinion digging in to the Deans battery bars. I just order the trinity bars. I could not find the Orion Bones.
We got rained out Friday night I went over on sat & Sun and watch the off road championship not all the teams were there. Team Trinity pretty much cleaned up Between Kinwald and Francis. I was hopeing to see team Schumacher there I heard roomer that one of factory guys race off road.
I have been reading a couple articles about the “one ways” what kind of changes or characteristics they provide and do you do just the front?

RC
I

Last edited by RC Raptor; 04-15-2002 at 06:13 AM.
Old 04-15-2002, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

CA does come in different formulas, mostly the difference is the water content. Off the shelf stuff has a higher water content so it won't bond as hard (so fingers can be pryed apart). RC glue has less water in order to bond tighter (if you ever stuck your fingers with tire glue, you already know what I'm talking about).

When gluing tires (N/A on preglued tires, but I always still run a bead of CA around the tire just to be sure), always wipe the tire bead with alcohol to clean the mold release off or the CA won't bond as well. Hope that helps...
Old 04-15-2002, 10:27 AM
Regional Moderator

Well I guess the water content hasn't matter with the Loctiite brand I use. Like I said, that stuff never comes off. But it is made by Loctite, so I expect it to be good. For performance to cost, I still think its better than the hobbyshop stuff.

Anyway, I noticed today that my pinion is still fully engaged with the spur even though I had to move it over a little. So I wont even bother swapping the batter bar at that point on the pack.
Old 04-15-2002, 02:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

JonSki.....Yes there is a special Layshaft for the Axis serries that used the one-way with the O-ring. I dont remember the part number but if you call up Schumacher they can get one out to ya....or I might have one floating in my parts box next time I see you or Rob I will give it to ya if I have it.
Old 04-15-2002, 07:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All-Most spur gears (Schu, Kimbrough) are way wider than the pinions most ouf us use (Robinson, TiR, Trinity, RW/Schumacher). I run the inside edge of my pinions on the inside edge of my spurs and I can run any battery bar. If you run your pinions on the outside of the gear you will run into your batt bars with big pinion/spur combos. The Dean's 2 bars are the worst fit. Reedy, Echo, Orion and Trinity Bars fit a lot better.

I'm going to post pics of some new spurs and pinions we are importing tomorrow. You will be seeing a lot of these spurs and pinions in the months to come.....
Old 04-15-2002, 10:29 PM
Tech Regular

Jonski, if you're handy with tools, just drill the hole. Even the material of the hardened shaft is quite soft.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:50 AM
Tech Master

Jesse, hmm, not sure about that. I thried to get some hardened TDS layshafts drilled and they were rock hard it just snapped drills.
Old 04-16-2002, 02:38 AM
Tech Regular

It can be drilled. I've done it a couple of times. Just don't try if your not confident that you can do it. Don't even think about drilling it with a dremel or any hand drill. If you can get a new shaft easily then buy one.
Old 04-16-2002, 08:21 AM
Regional Moderator

Yes, the Schumacher spur is a good bit wider than my pinion.(I'm not even sure who this one is made by )

The Corally spur gears that I use occasionally are the only spurs that I have seen recently, that are thinner than the pinion.
Old 04-16-2002, 09:44 AM
Regional Moderator

I just noticed this undertray and dirt cover on the Speed Secrets list for the Mission, but theres no pics availible on Schumacher's website. Has anyone actually seen these items? If so, what do they look like and how do they work?

Thanks.
Old 04-16-2002, 11:43 AM
Tech Champion

Everyone-Check out this press release. Schumacher USA now distributes a full line of Titanium products for all Sedans, Off Road, 1/10th and 1/8th cars.

http://www.wildhobbies.com/news/defa...&articleid=569

AZ Ron and other Phoenix Racers-There is finally a Schumacher Dealer in Phoenix!!!

Madd Maxx Hobbies
2633 N 28th St
Phoenix, AZ 85008
PH: 602 841 1579

DarkSeid-The undertrays are for rally racing or racing in the rain(Which they do all the time in the UK).

Last edited by AdrianM; 04-16-2002 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-16-2002, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default VERY GOOD NEWS!!

Hi Adrian...Very good news indeed!
Do you happen to know how well stocked they are?
Are they stocking more sedan parts or offroad parts?

Thanks!

Ron
Old 04-16-2002, 12:07 PM
Tech Champion

Press Release 2-Schumacher USA is now the exculsive distributor of RW Racing Machined Aceytl Spur Gears. This is by far the best spur money can buy but it costs the same as molded spurs.

http://www.wildhobbies.com/news/defa...&articleid=570

AZ Ron-He is currently stocking Nitro 21 parts as that is what the initial demand was for but if I were you I'd get together with any other local Schuey drivers, give him a call and let him know what you'd like him to stock.
Old 04-16-2002, 01:12 PM
Regional Moderator

AdrianM: any word from the head people at Schumacher as to why they decided to switch to all Yellow springs in the carbon kit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.