Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree172Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
RB6.6 Kyosho America Product Page: http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/ULTIMA-...T_p_24505.html

RB6.6 Manual http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...A_RB6_6_IM.pdf

RB6.6 Kyosho Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_sR667utY

MSRP $639 MAP $399.99

-------------------------------
New RB6.6 parts (compared exploded views, prices and links are Kyosho America):

Chassis:
  1. Main chassis - UM731 - $125.99
  2. Side guards - UM732 - $9.99

Battery Holder:
  1. Battery plate - UM733 - $8.99
  2. Battery foam - UM741 - $7.99

Rear Bulkheads:
  1. MM3 and Laydown - UM740 - $9.99
    • MM3 bulkhead
    • Laydown bulkhead
    • Swaybar Holders

3 Gear Transmission (MM and RM):
  1. Transmission - UM734 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • plastic FR & RR suspension hangers

2. Gear Cover - UM735 - $6.99

Laydown Transmission (3 and 4 gear possible):
  1. Transmission - UM736 - $10.99
    • transmission cases
    • spacers
    • caps
    • required extra hardware
    • pastic FR suspension hanger

2. 40T idler - UM737 - $6.99
  3. Motor plate - UM738 - $18.99
  4. Gear cover - UM739 - $6.99

Body:
  1. Blade body - UMB05 - $27.99

Optional Parts:
  1. Lightweigt Blade body - UMB05LW - $31.99
  2. Aluminum FR suspension hanger - UMW705B - $28.99 (may be able to file UMW705 to fit)
  3. Brass FR suspension hanger - UMW725B - $30.99 (looks more different than UMW725..someone confirm?)

Typical Upgrades for new RB6.6 Buyers

UMW701 Aluminum Steering Plate (RB6)
UMW702 Aluminum Crank Arm (RB6)
UMW704-0 V2 Aluminum Rear Hub Set(0°/RB6)
UMW705B Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RF/RB6.6) or brass UMW725B
UMW707 Aluminum Rear Sus. Holder (RR-Mid)

Nice to have:

UMW723 Aluminum Front Sus Block (Type B/10g/RB6/RT6/SC6).

Aftermarket Parts:

Front Wing: https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...mount-alum-rb6

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys this was raised before, has anyone found a solution to tighten up the slack developed in the steering? Like some delrin inserts, bearings or something? Thanks,
Old 06-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I don't have much slop yet but it's starting to develope. Maybe try using the kyosho shims, I'm sorry I don't have a part number but they are very thin metal shim/washers that work just about everywhere. I think most people buy them to use on their b4 cars. Lol
Old 06-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryanpatrickgore
I don't have much slop yet but it's starting to develope. Maybe try using the kyosho shims, I'm sorry I don't have a part number but they are very thin metal shim/washers that work just about everywhere. I think most people buy them to use on their b4 cars. Lol
I am running the all aluminum kyosho arms and rack slop free for quite a bit now. It seems its better than the exotek stuff.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

http://p-dubracing.co.uk/index.php?m...g80iie3dijgdv0
Old 06-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Why doesn't anyone run limiters inside front shocks on rb-6? Seems they just adjust overall shock length instead?
Old 06-28-2013, 12:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i would just guess because changing the little bottom eyelid is easier than changind a limiter inside the shock.

doesnt the bottom of the shock adjust droop if you have the short medium or long eyelid?
Old 06-28-2013, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silveraider14
i would just guess because changing the little bottom eyelid is easier than changind a limiter inside the shock.

doesnt the bottom of the shock adjust droop if you have the short medium or long eyelid?
yes, same for unscrewing X turns
Old 06-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Ok who here has good midmotor setup for mod? I know there are plenty of Tebo etc setups but I'm no Tebo.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gitsum
Ok who here has good midmotor setup for mod? I know there are plenty of Tebo etc setups but I'm no Tebo.
what are you running on carpet, dirt(what kind, indoor, outdoor)?
Old 06-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cspurlock
what are you running on carpet, dirt(what kind, indoor, outdoor)?
Smallish indoor clay tires of choice are hb beams in pink and full shot in pink or Jc greens. Jumps aren't very big and layout is usually pretty flowing. Search The Dirt Invert on YouTube there should be video. I would post it myself but I'm a tard lol.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gitsum
Smallish indoor clay tires of choice are hb beams in pink and full shot in pink or Jc greens. Jumps aren't very big and layout is usually pretty flowing. Search The Dirt Invert on YouTube there should be video. I would post it myself but I'm a tard lol.
I have been playing with Hara's WC setup from the Reedy race. I changed it a little, here are my changes:
.5 hubs
added this to the motor
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tor-Weight-30g

taped this to the very rear of the car against the bulkhead
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Stopper-Block

The weight is key or the setup won't feel good. It shifts the weight over the rear tire so that it is similar to a rear motor, but without the pendulum effect of all the weight being behind the wheels.

shorty turned sideways all the way back, low pro servo up front, 2x1.6 taper AE pistons, 35f 30r

If your track has some grip, this should feel pretty good. If it is loose, not so much .
Old 06-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm starting to think that my first 2WD Buggy will be an RB6. I plan on starting with the 17.5 class and moving up to mod when I'm confident. I'm curious on a couple things.

Is the build and manual simple enough that I can build this? I've never assembled any RC cars before but I have worked on a Losi 8Ight-E

I've heard that the various aluminum steering parts from Exotek are recommended for strength and stability. I would also probably buy the CF towers and battery holders. What other suggestions would you folks make? Link to Exotek for convenience! I'll take other brand recommendations too.

http://www.exotekracing.com/kyosho/

The shocks that come with the stock kit, are they the "velvet" shocks that everyone seems to swoon over? They're not advertised as such. If not, are they still good?

I've been reading info from this thread for a while now and while the RB6 is an expensive car, I believe in quality. This car has the look I want, the features I want, and seems to be built with quality in mind. Local parts support is there to a point but in this internet age, it doesn't bother me if I have to order from amain or other sites.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've liked all the Kyosho aluminum steering rack parts (cranks and rack itself) which are basically slop-free after a few thousand laps, although you can't go wrong with Exotek. They make a front hinge pin brace that I'd like to try. I've never broken a shock tower, mainly just some front suspension mounts and bent/broken front braces. Shredded an idler gear once. Use the reinforced black ones!

There are probably parts of the build manual that could be more clear but if you've put together a kit before you'll have no problem. It really doesn't need that much in terms of upgrades. You won't be disappointed!
Old 06-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Orion_2kTC
I'm starting to think that my first 2WD Buggy will be an RB6. I plan on starting with the 17.5 class and moving up to mod when I'm confident. I'm curious on a couple things.

Is the build and manual simple enough that I can build this? I've never assembled any RC cars before but I have worked on a Losi 8Ight-E

I've heard that the various aluminum steering parts from Exotek are recommended for strength and stability. I would also probably buy the CF towers and battery holders. What other suggestions would you folks make? Link to Exotek for convenience! I'll take other brand recommendations too.

http://www.exotekracing.com/kyosho/

The shocks that come with the stock kit, are they the "velvet" shocks that everyone seems to swoon over? They're not advertised as such. If not, are they still good?

I've been reading info from this thread for a while now and while the RB6 is an expensive car, I believe in quality. This car has the look I want, the features I want, and seems to be built with quality in mind. Local parts support is there to a point but in this internet age, it doesn't bother me if I have to order from amain or other sites.
you can build it, just take your time. i would get the steering rack, don't worry about the carbon fiber, car doesn't need it, invest in alum hangers.

the shocks are velvet and they are the best.

build it, drool over it, wipe it off, start with the kit setup and race it
Old 06-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

I replaced the stock rear hub carrier with a .5 deg tow in aluminum hub from Kyosho. The new hubs have an oversized outer bearing that is way way better that stock. They just got another revised hub carrier that has both oversize bearings. It should be even better. I am going to get those too but in 0 deg. For some reason I like 0 deg better. Who would have thought I would be able to tell the difference. The In sprung weight might not be the best thing but it is stronger, Its just a preventative measure. The RB6 is an amazing Car. It seems to do everything well. I have not found a flaw yet. I have picked up all the Kyosho Hop ups available although I didn't need any of them. I have not really had anything break.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.