Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 03:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
Just got done running my xb4 2016 for the first time. We just finished building it. We we're really concerned that the car wouldn't work on our med-low traction wet bluegroove, especially since its in the 30s. We built it per the kit specs but went lower on the oils in the diffs and shocks. All I can say is wow!! The car is incredible!!! I cannot believe how good it turns and how smooth it is. I also bought a D413 but I'm not sure that I even want to bother at this point.

The build wasn't spectacular and it really didn't seem special but after building, setting caster, camber, and ride height the car was dialed. I'm not running anything special. Hobbywing 3.1 speedo, rsx servo and a regular old d4 13.5 Maxzilla. I might have to pick up an xb2 as well.
You have to admit that the car is extremely well thought out and yeah, when you throw it down on the track and it just seems to work, that's the special part
Old 12-19-2015, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapjack
I currently have a 2014 xb4 and a serpent srx2. Wondering what ppl would do in my position. I can't decide if I want to sell my xb4 and get a xb4'16 and keep the serpent or keep my xb4'14 and sell the serpent and get a xb2.
Does the xb4'16 allow use of saddle packs or is it not adjustable like that the way the xb4'15 was.
Also if anyone knows of someone with a unassembled xb4'15 let me know I would probably buy it. Just not sure I want to get the '16 but I deff want a new kit that I can assemble. I bought my last one used and I haven't assembled an xray buggy yet and I'd really like to this time
I think if I had that decision, I would keep the 4wd for now, sell the Serpent 2wd and get the new XB2 and update to the '16 car when you are able, especially if you have a hangup with running saddle packs in your 4wd. I prefer the saddle pack configuration but your situation may be different.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Just got done running my xb4 2016 for the first time. We just finished building it. We we're really concerned that the car wouldn't work on our med-low traction wet bluegroove, especially since its in the 30s. We built it per the kit specs but went lower on the oils in the diffs and shocks. All I can say is wow!! The car is incredible!!! I cannot believe how good it turns and how smooth it is. I also bought a D413 but I'm not sure that I even want to bother at this point.

The build wasn't spectacular and it really didn't seem special but after building, setting caster, camber, and ride height the car was dialed. I'm not running anything special. Hobbywing 3.1 speedo, rsx servo and a regular old d4 13.5 Maxzilla. I might have to pick up an xb2 as well.
Glad you like the car buddy! I'm sure you will get it even more dialed in. I really like that this car can work on low bite dirt all the way to high bite Astro/carpet with just a simple setup change. You should really be eyeing out the xb2 dirt edition now. It is easy to catch the Xray bug haha
Old 12-19-2015, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

You guys don't understand. I have like 15 new cars....I buy just to build them and try them out. The XB4 is absolutely the best wheeler that I've ran. We all thought that it wouldn't work on our type of track because the Europeans run mostly on carpet and turf. We were also skeptical of the plastic diff gears. Wrong on all accounts....I hope they don't break much. There is nowhere for 400 miles to buy parts from.

Where can I get an XB2?
Old 12-19-2015, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Where can I get an XB2?
Just checking around its crazy to see everyone is sold out! I am not sure if the carpet edition will be the best fit for your track. I would call rc America and preorder the dirt edition that will be available the first week of January. Just a quick run down.. The dirt edition will be capable of 3gear/4gear mm and rear motor layouts with all parts included right out of the box! I have the carpet edition and I love it! I'm going to get all parts to switch it to the dirt mid motor setup as well.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

You guys don't understand. I have like 15 new cars....I buy just to build them and try them out. The XB4 is absolutely the best wheeler that I've ran. We all thought that it wouldn't work on our type of track because the Europeans run mostly on carpet and turf. We were also skeptical of the plastic diff gears. Wrong on all accounts....I hope they don't break much. There is nowhere for 400 miles to buy parts from.

Where can I get an XB2?
I'm somewhat similar to you, if I want to try out a car I buy it. After building 4 Xray cars in the last 2 weeks I can say the simplicity in their design is very elegant, the beauty is in the details, thing though don't notice at first glance. I've built almost everything there is to build and Xray takes the cake, the only cars close are the Japanese made cars.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:41 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am alot like you guys as well, buy a car to try it out. I have to say this is really the first car that I thought "Wow, this car is gunna be so good" just while im building it. Fit and finish is outstanding, and higher quality than my K cars. I will end up probably buying an XB2 as soon as the dirt edition comes out, only problem I think I will have is selling some of my other cars to afford it.
Old 12-19-2015, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)

I installed the xray 12 degree caster and the xray aluminium rear hubs. I couldn't get my car to stop snap rolling. Big money upgraded, I don't want to take them off. How can I settled down the steering?
Thanks, anthony
Old 12-19-2015, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Are the xb2 dirt edition cars out yet?
Old 12-19-2015, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Slapjack
Are the xb2 dirt edition cars out yet?
Not yet.....but soon.

Follow the XB2 thread here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/896275-official-xray-xb2-2wd-buggy-thread.html

Bent
Old 12-19-2015, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by anthonyjesmond
I installed the xray 12 degree caster and the xray aluminium rear hubs. I couldn't get my car to stop snap rolling. Big money upgraded, I don't want to take them off. How can I settled down the steering?
Thanks, anthony
What's your setup and what surface do you run on ?

Tires ?

Bent
Old 12-19-2015, 03:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BentKa
No we don't.

We run the 12mm Xray hex wheels for both 2WD and 4WD

Bent
Hi Bent,

Sorry - just to clarify, you run 12mm hexes on both cars but run the 2wd fronts on the xb2 and 4wd fronts on the xb4?

Thanks,

Oli
Old 12-19-2015, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is there an XB8 thread and what is the release cycle for this car? Or perhaps more specifically will there be a 2016 released anytime soon?

Thanks v much.
Old 12-19-2015, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)

BentKa I went with the box setup, I run on a high traction carpet. The car was on rails before but it seems really twitchy. Its very quick but very nimble and really sensitive to steering moments. Mostly on power coming out of turns. Thanks
Old 12-19-2015, 05:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BentKa
What's your setup and what surface do you run on ?

Tires ?

Bent
I'm having the same issue as well. With the snap rolling, using the same ups, I'm not sure his setup but I believe he's running the same track as me, which is carpet and pretty high traction.

My setup is book stock aside from the 12 degree casters and aluminum hubs. Also my Shock position is 1 and 1 up front and 2 and 1 in rear.

Thanks

EDIT: Just saw he posted above so I will follow your answers to his question. Thanks again Bent, big time appreciation for your continuing to share your tuning knowledge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.