Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yellowtaro
Do you have the part number for the CF backing plate? Who makes it?
I don't think the plates were made of CF...
Aluminum plates...made by PRP..
lmk if you want it... I have one I can sell you that I no longer need.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lawtonlosi
I have a couple purple pro4 suspension mounts, I think they are both 2.5, and a purple spool. I dont think it has been used, ill have to look at it again when I get home. If anyone is interested drop me a pm.

Thanks.
if the spool is unused...lmk..
Old 08-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
I don't think the plates were made of CF...
Aluminum plates...made by PRP..
lmk if you want it... I have one I can sell you that I no longer need.
I'm using the Aluminum plates for the front bevel and is very helpful with the ver.1.1 gear.

The plate is also available at HPI. Aluminum One-way gear brace part #75190

Use this only with v.1.1 bevel gears. This will not work with the old gear (ver.1) and if used with it, it will destroy your front gear because it has a different spacing.

Old 08-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Pls..Pls....Pls... Anyone who has extra REAR SHOCK TOWER I'm going to buy it for him.I'm only doing this because RAI13 is good friend of mine.
Rai thanks for letting me barrow your Diff.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jimlazaro
Pls..Pls....Pls... Anyone who has extra REAR SHOCK TOWER I'm going to buy it for him.I'm only doing this because RAI13 is good friend of mine.
Rai thanks for letting me barrow your Diff.
It's a done deal...
Old 08-14-2006, 04:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nicadrauspro4
I'm using the Aluminum plates for the front bevel and is very helpful with the ver.1.1 gear.

The plate is also available at HPI. Aluminum One-way gear brace part #75190

Use this only with v.1.1 bevel gears. This will not work with the old gear (ver.1) and if used with it, it will destroy your front gear because it has a different spacing.

So is the plate only used for one way?
Old 08-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Tech Champion

yes..for the oneway only...

I forget if the spool needed own... but I don't think so...
Old 08-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

One problem that needs your help.

My car took a tumble during the race. After that tumble, I noticed that the car is sliding one side going straight. I checked the wheel, tightened the rear diff, left front CVD is slightly wobbly. The right rear camber was angled positive so I adjusted back to -2. Other than that, the back end would slide to one side as I apply a light throttle. I am running a spool. Do you have any idea what is wrong? Is it bearing, supsension arm or what? Thanks for your help.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
yes..for the oneway only...

I forget if the spool needed own... but I don't think so...
Thanks for the info. I gave up running one-way.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:23 PM
Tech Champion

My car took a tumble during the race. After that tumble, I noticed that the car is sliding one side going straight. I checked the wheel, tightened the rear diff, left front CVD is slightly wobbly. The right rear camber was angled positive so I adjusted back to -2. Other than that, the back end would slide to one side as I apply a light throttle. I am running a spool. Do you have any idea what is wrong? Is it bearing, supsension arm or what? Thanks for your help.
chassis is probably tweaked.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

hmmm....makes sense. I will loosen the top plate. Thanks. Any other suggestions?
Old 08-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

hmmm....makes sense. I will loosen the top plate. Thanks. Any other suggestions?
do you have the std. Pro4 or Hara Edition?

on the Std. Kit if you haven't done so yet.. there is a
upperdeck tweak mod... you'll have to do a search for it...it's many many many many many many many pages back..
Old 08-14-2006, 08:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default hi

hi sir just bought a 2nd hand pro4 just want to ask what hop ups should i buy? If i'm not mistaken the pro4 that i have right now have aluminum servo mount or transponder mount (?), carbon fibre shaft, aluminum camber plate front and rear. though there's no battery holder want to ask if which is better the battery holder or the tape thingy for the battery? you could pm me if you want thanks so much i'm also thinking of running 27t stock motor and 23t motor. what spur and pinion should i use thanks so much
Old 08-15-2006, 03:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bmmer701
hi sir just bought a 2nd hand pro4 just want to ask what hop ups should i buy? If i'm not mistaken the pro4 that i have right now have aluminum servo mount or transponder mount (?), carbon fibre shaft, aluminum camber plate front and rear. though there's no battery holder want to ask if which is better the battery holder or the tape thingy for the battery? you could pm me if you want thanks so much i'm also thinking of running 27t stock motor and 23t motor. what spur and pinion should i use thanks so much
Here are some Hop-ups worth buying and installing in your Pro4.

HPI Aluminum One way gear brace (#75190)
HPI Delrin Outdrive Set (#75169)
HPI Heatsink Motor Plate (#75170)
HPI Aluminum Upright Set (#31414)
HPI Aluminum Spring Mount (#31413)

You can still purchase the battery holder and posts for your Pro4 if you want to use that. Or if you don't mind the hassle of tape, that would be ok too. I personally still use the battery holder.

Best gear ratio for 23t are 5.63 - 6.25, depends on your track. Pinions from 39t - 42t and Spurs from 97t-100t. 64 pitch that is.

Old 08-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Sounds pretty serious- something in one side of your suspension. Try twisting each suspension hub and seeing if one twists a lot more that the others. Your checking for cracked, hubs or arms with this. Next check your hinge pins for bent ones. Then check your cvd integrety making sure a pin isnt messed up. And yes, you might need to swap out the front bearings Also tug on your steering rack making sure it's all secure there.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.