Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 12:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

You ran a 5.5t motor at 4.58 fdr ....wow..... It should have been at least 7.1 fdr....ouch.... Hope your electronics are fine... By the way, your tc4 can beat the new xrays, tc6.1, etc... You'll just need the right setup, and a free steering rack....
Originally Posted by SouthFloridaApp
Is there a comthat makes a 48 pitch spur gear with less than 66 teeth?

I raced at a large outdoor track today with about a 140-150 ft. straightaway. When I put in my 17.5 motor with a 31 tooth pinion it was too slow. I grinded my chassis hoping to fit a 45 tooth pinion, but it would not fit. I was able to get a 36 tooth pinion to fit, but the car is way too too slow.... Is there another option as to gearing...maybe installing another type of pitch... if so what would be a direct fit?

As a result of this I installed a 5.5 turn motor and used a 36 tooth pinion with a 66 tooth spur. The car was very very fast..... The problem that I had was heat. The motor temperature was at 162 and the car would stop after four minutes unless I was very very careful... I was not running a fan and want to get one. I have no clue as to what to get, but like the idea of a motor fan that has a circular mounting system that goes over the motor... I want a very dependable system that won't come undone.. Any suggestions... I looked at the Castle system, but guys said the fan blades break... FYI I am now running a Hobbywing Justock and the max motor for that esc is a 8.5 turn motor. I would like to use my 17.5 and gear appropriately, but am open to other options.... Lastly, any recommedations for cleaning and using tire additives for an outdoor asphalt track. I am using rubber slicks.......... FYI I was amazed at how a $85 car handled... Purchased a good used roller...with blue springs... I had a big smile on my face.... Still got my butt kicked by experienced racers with xrays and tc 6.1 etc.. but they were better drivers for sure.... I could see myself beating some of them in the near future...
Old 06-23-2014, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SeeGee911
UPDATE:
I looked into it more, and decided to get new drive cups. After comparing the new to the old ones, I realized that they are not the same. I bought this chassis used, and it seems that the original owner was a little challenged with this chassis. Many things were assembled incorrectly and stripped screws everywhere. The brace that holds the bearing near the rear drive cup was upside down (when I got it, not after I rebuilt it) and he ran it that way.
Anyhow, the drive cups were bigger than the intended cups for the tc4. Reassembled, and everything seems to be working. I still get a minute vibration on the shaft, but not enough to worry about.
Those would be TC3 cups which use a bigger ball size.

The stock shaft is good for 100mph+ speed runs You dont need anything else
Old 06-23-2014, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SeeGee911
UPDATE:
I looked into it more, and decided to get new drive cups. After comparing the new to the old ones, I realized that they are not the same. I bought this chassis used, and it seems that the original owner was a little challenged with this chassis. Many things were assembled incorrectly and stripped screws everywhere. The brace that holds the bearing near the rear drive cup was upside down (when I got it, not after I rebuilt it) and he ran it that way.
Anyhow, the drive cups were bigger than the intended cups for the tc4. Reassembled, and everything seems to be working. I still get a minute vibration on the shaft, but not enough to worry about.
Thanks for the update. With the TC3 input cups and a TC4 drive shaft, that totally explains the slop/movement. I'm sure the car was making an interesting sound when the drive shaft was rotating.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:11 PM
Tech Initiate

I just bought my first TC4. I had a traxxas 4tec (nitro and electric) before this. So, on my first run I broke both front CDV axles. Also, seems pretty hard to keep straight and spins out very easily. I think it must have came with some carpet tires or something, because they came apart way too easy as well. Any suggestions? I'm sure some of these questions have been answered already, but this is a huge thread. Anybody have a parts stock they want to get rid of?
Old 06-26-2014, 07:29 AM
Tech Initiate

If anyone is interested in my TC4 rally build, here it is: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...l#post13362064
Old 06-26-2014, 11:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Factory team tc4 carbon fiber edition

Anyone have one they would like to sell?
Pm me. I'm looking for one.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm going to be building a VTA using the TC4, My question is will the HPI 1968 camero body which is a 200mm body fit and look right on the TC4? Or is there a better choice for a camero body? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jkach
I'm going to be building a VTA using the TC4, My question is will the HPI 1968 camero body which is a 200mm body fit and look right on the TC4? Or is there a better choice for a camero body? Thanks in advance.
HPI body is a good fit, I had to trim the front foam bumper ( modified TC3 bumper which is much wider than the TC4) slightly to get clearance. VTA rear tires are wider than the front and are 6mm offset to fit the rear fender flares. Good luck, post pictures when your done........
Old 06-28-2014, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by THEBIGBULL
HPI body is a good fit, I had to trim the front foam bumper ( modified TC3 bumper which is much wider than the TC4) slightly to get clearance. VTA rear tires are wider than the front and are 6mm offset to fit the rear fender flares. Good luck, post pictures when your done........
Thanks, Will do
Old 06-30-2014, 02:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 6stringslider
I just bought my first TC4. I had a traxxas 4tec (nitro and electric) before this. So, on my first run I broke both front CDV axles. Also, seems pretty hard to keep straight and spins out very easily. I think it must have came with some carpet tires or something, because they came apart way too easy as well. Any suggestions? I'm sure some of these questions have been answered already, but this is a huge thread. Anybody have a parts stock they want to get rid of?
My car was wondering on the straight so I added a bit of toe out on the front wheels. ..about one degee and that fixed my problem...
Old 07-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Ok I need an explanation. I have what would be considered a "team" tc4 its all carbon minus the rear shock tower and has every lite weight option available. Ready to race it weighs in at 1364 grams. My other tc4 is a stone stock club racer except for a front ball diff. Ready to race it weighs in at 1417 grams. Shouldn't there be a bigger difference in the weight? I went to Carbon not for weight but handling but I was also under the impression it was also much lighter. am I wrong in this or is the club racer not as chubby as the older cars?
Old 07-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Ok TC4 will be here tomorrow, Who has a good starting setup for parking lot VTA?
Old 07-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jkach
Ok TC4 will be here tomorrow, Who has a good starting setup for parking lot VTA?
Not to be facetious, but start with the bone stock kit setup. Manufacturers actually put some time and effort into their recommended settings.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DesertRat
Not to be facetious, but start with the bone stock kit setup. Manufacturers actually put some time and effort into their recommended settings.
Sounds good, New to this onroad side. Just want to be close. Thanks
Old 07-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

The stock tc4 setup is actually pretty good. It needs a bit of Dremel work in the battery tray to fit square lipo packs and underneath the motor mount to fit anything over a 35t pinion. Also it's really helpful to take all the bearings out pull the seals out,clean the grease out(I use motor spray) and re lube them with good bearing lube.(marvel mystery oil works well too) then put them back in the car. You'll be amazed how much freer the car is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.