Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

i use a cheap set from harbor freight.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Does anybody have any idea when the gear diffs are coming??
Old 03-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

I hope soon, cause Im waiting a long time now.
and yes I know about the sc10 diff that fits. but I want a durango diff
Old 03-22-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am struggling with the diff also. I started with all new stuff, built it according to the guide, broke it in like the video states at the top of the forums. Brand new slipper components. Now if I set the slipper to lift the wheels at all the diff barks.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I like the car, but not a lot of fun when you can't keep it on the track.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by snoplug
I am struggling with the diff also. I started with all new stuff, built it according to the guide, broke it in like the video states at the top of the forums. Brand new slipper components. Now if I set the slipper to lift the wheels at all the diff barks.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I like the car, but not a lot of fun when you can't keep it on the track.
If the diff slips, its probably too loose. Also, don't use ceramic balls. Use carbide balls and a ceramic thrust assembly. I've got ceramic diff balls right now and the diff has to be run tighter than it probably should for it not to bark. It still works great though and doesn't bark.

To be honest, my best diff was with all stock parts just as the kit came.....it lasted the longest and never barked. Worked awesome.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hopsing
If the diff slips, its probably too loose. Also, don't use ceramic balls. Use carbide balls and a ceramic thrust assembly. I've got ceramic diff balls right now and the diff has to be run tighter than it probably should for it not to bark. It still works great though and doesn't bark.

To be honest, my best diff was with all stock parts just as the kit came.....it lasted the longest and never barked. Worked awesome.

I agree, mine has lasted a long time with the stock parts, I actually have removed the thrust and re greased it twice now, and the diff still feels great. I may rebuild it this weekend, just because I feel bad..lol
Old 03-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Default how to make this Buggy at its best

So i bought this thing DAY 1. and have been doing some serious testing. My local track is West Coast RC in souther California & sometimes OCRC. See if you can tell what i took off that made this car handle like a 4wd buggy and so easy to push this car as fast as you can. Now i am looking into buying the Aluminum rear hubs & casters from the dex410v3. but not sure if they will fit on the dex210. does anyone know>??

Old 03-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Default fixing your diff

Originally Posted by murky123
I hope soon, cause Im waiting a long time now.
and yes I know about the sc10 diff that fits. but I want a durango diff

just buy new diff rings, and thrust, & gears. Outdrives if you have the money. Clean everything really good with motor spray. Get some bottle water & some water sand paper. you will need one sheet of each grit. 5'' x 10''inches. 600 grit, 800, & 1000. Use the flat side of the outdrive to put the diff ring on, pour a little drop of water and SAND both rings on both sides very well. Then move on to the 800, and repeat once again on 1000. Then lube everything up and put your diff back together. I have been doing it every 3weeks - month. And my diff feels like butter!

Old 03-22-2012, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtlawlor
So i bought this thing DAY 1. and have been doing some serious testing. My local track is West Coast RC in souther California & sometimes OCRC. See if you can tell what i took off that made this car handle like a 4wd buggy and so easy to push this car as fast as you can. Now i am looking into buying the Aluminum rear hubs & casters from the dex410v3. but not sure if they will fit on the dex210. does anyone know>??

Looks like you took off the rear upper tranny brace. And your battery strap, lol. Not sure how that would make it drive like a 4wd though.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Well, I too have been doing some testing along the past few weeks. It really started in Febuary, for Motorama, and coming to a conclusion of setup as of last night. Now just for minor setup changes. Do anyone have a link to a editable setup sheet? I checked PetitRC.com, and I cant edit it. I checked TD's website too, that didnt work. I used the MOS shocks from Tresrey, Tresrey front B4.1 wheel axles, and the Cream weight under the servo, and in front of the battery. My car has never been so good.

I am using for my diff, sanded rings by me, and B-fast's carbide balls, ceramic thrust,and B-Fast's lubes. Its smoooooth..
Old 03-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

Can someone PM me on where to get the Lexan Gear cover? Noone has the stocker in stock!!! Only thing I really need besides diff rings. Took the win last night at Airland- Mike Morales would have had me if he had not bobbled the last two laps. Loving the car, favorite 2wd bug in such a long time. BTW tested with a shorty pack last night and OMG..... OMG, I almost came driving Ill post pics soon!

Thanks
Z
Old 03-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Well, I think my fatal error was too much black gear grease on the thrust bearings. It leaked into the diff and everything in there was black. However, I tried tighten too much to stop the slipping and blew up one side of the diff plates and probably the balls too.

Lesson, go easy on the black stuff.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
Looks like you took off the rear upper tranny brace. And your battery strap, lol. Not sure how that would make it drive like a 4wd though.
Yea, not sure what's going on in that picture, other than missing parts. If he seriously runs the car like that I wonder how much that rear-end flexes on jumps.

Considering his track is West Coast, I would assume you need as much traction as you can get, but I don't see how taking off vital parts that hold the transmission in is going to achieve that.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mof
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
BRILLIANT!! some great info on that thanks heaps.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Tech Regular

RM or MM was the question for last summer at Euro Championship.
But now the question is going to be 3 or 4 gears...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.