Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fabricio
Where to get kit on the internet?I have searched on some webstores but could not find it.
bmiracing.com
Old 07-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

Here's my latest new paint for my DB12RR Should look even better once it is fully cut out with a couple stickers on it. I didn't get as much color contrast as I had hoped on the flames so next time I will probably use different colors.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Nice design, looks good Inspector
Old 07-03-2009, 03:04 AM
Tech Champion

Ok got it all cut out and stickered up now

Old 07-03-2009, 09:22 AM
AOD
Tech Regular

Car looks good Burt, I look forward to baptizing it tomorrow!
Old 07-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Tech Adept

Good paint job gadgt.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:45 AM
Tech Champion

And the BMI siblings

Old 07-04-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

InspGadgt, ygpm.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey guys. Can some of you post pics of your flat servo install? Im having a hard time getting the link flat when looking down on the car. Either the servo is pushed up against the front arm or I had to drill new holes to get the servo back enough. Its not the new RR if that helps.

Next question. The new RR L-plates, is the extra hole more forward making the plate longer or is it the same length with an extra hole to make it stiffer?

Got my new 12R running yesterday. Spent most of my time getting the chassis sorted out. Started out with a little push on/off power. Played with a few things and ended up with a slot car. The car is very honest. Every change shows on the track. Very nice compared to some of the cars I have driven lately. Most of my problems is with the Akerman. -15% expo was too uneven for me and -10% wasn't enough. Just to overly responsive for me. I drilled new holes to move the servo back for the next time out but kinda worrying that it might take too much on power steering out. I allready have the upper arm forward.

Im sure a few will ask for the setup, its kinda odd and not done yet but this is what I ended up with.

Front
5deg block
arm forward (2degs ?)
.020 spring
7000 on kingpin
.05mm droop
1 deg camber
0 toe

Rear
Thick L-plate with/out set screw
7000 in tubes (thinking 10000 would be better)
30wt and red spring (blue was too soft and red too hard, have gold now and going 35wt next time out)
2mm pod droop (have 1mm now)
Black ballstud with no washers on mount

Tires
Magenta frt with 3/4 inside doop
Pink rear full doop

The fronts are still getting a little build up and wearing faster than the rear. The only other thing I can think of is that if the car gets a little off line it wont come back. Thinking maybe .018 front and thin plate in back will cure that. This way I dont have to goto softer tires.
Attached Thumbnails BMI's DB12R-picture-052.jpg   BMI's DB12R-picture-056.jpg  
Old 07-04-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Jason,

What is the part number for the standard flex plates? Also, do you have them in stock? I can't find them on your website.

Thanks,

Ray
Old 07-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ran single cell lipo for the first time. Only thing I changed was front/center shock springs Went to 18's and a 10lb from 20's and 12lb. Car drove great in 4 cell 17.5 and 13.5.

Didn't expect that much of a change but WOW! Car had no steering whatsoever. Full wheel turn and it pushed to the boards. I'll have to start over on the setup. I ran my normal BSR XX pinks front and rear. Good place to start would be there. Kind of scary, but I'm thinking I need to go softer in front? I'll also move the battery all the way back to try and get better weight transfer for more steering on corner entry. Anyone else been in a similar situation I'd appreciate any more tips/idea's. Thanks!
Old 07-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by PartTime
Hey guys. Can some of you post pics of your flat servo install? Im having a hard time getting the link flat when looking down on the car. Either the servo is pushed up against the front arm or I had to drill new holes to get the servo back enough. Its not the new RR if that helps.
Not sure how much these will help as I'm using the CRC frontend but here you go.

Originally Posted by LAGuy
Ran single cell lipo for the first time. Only thing I changed was front/center shock springs Went to 18's and a 10lb from 20's and 12lb. Car drove great in 4 cell 17.5 and 13.5.

Didn't expect that much of a change but WOW! Car had no steering whatsoever. Full wheel turn and it pushed to the boards. I'll have to start over on the setup. I ran my normal BSR XX pinks front and rear. Good place to start would be there. Kind of scary, but I'm thinking I need to go softer in front? I'll also move the battery all the way back to try and get better weight transfer for more steering on corner entry. Anyone else been in a similar situation I'd appreciate any more tips/idea's. Thanks!
Are you using the silva shock or the original IRS shock? On the silva I went to a 6lb spring and blue on the IRS using lilac or XXpink fronts. Sauceing only inner1/3 but our carpet track is high bite black ozite.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
And the BMI siblings

I liked your Birds car....but damn! they is sweet!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LAGuy

Ya, mine pushed a little right off the bat. Red spring really woke it up. But should have put 35 or 40 in the shock to tame the transfer down some. Way to fast with 30. Also the 7k in the tubes helped with the double steer. I bet 10k would get rid of the last little bit. This is the old car so your oil would be diffrent. By the end of the night I was doping 3/4 front tire.

One thing I have done with the lipo cars is mount EVERYTHING as far back as i can. Smallest spur to get the motor back. Pack in back, speedo and rx right against the pack. Servo behind the tie rods. Then take caster out till it drives upto the corner with out lifting. When you lift it snaps around the corner and your gone !

Chris Moore.....Thanks for the pics. My tie rods had that much angle when looking from the top and it was way too responsive for me right around center. At the ends it was great. I have drilled new holes to move the servo back and now my tie rods are straight when looking from any angle. Should be able to get a test run in the next couple of days to see if it smoothed things out.

DK
Old 07-05-2009, 01:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by GLITTER LIDZ
I liked your Birds car....but damn! they is sweet!!!!!!!
Thanks man...took a long time to get what I was seeing in my head to come out close on the cars...but it was worth it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.