Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
The parts in reality are a matrix of plastic and carbon.They are not just carbon fiber.So I mean it needs new plastic ie, arms, knuckles, c-hubs, uprights, ball cups, etc.

BTW,did anyone else see the pics of Hara's car form the Worlds warm up? He ran a cyclone S bottom deck.Wonder what he was testing that for.
Finding a way to 'out-cheap' the TC5...
Old 04-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NickM
I stand corrected by mangoman. Perhaps I overstressed the difference in the level of kit. I'm just surprised that the new supposedly top-level HB car is missing a bunch of top-level bits. I mean, yes it's got the diff that the cyclone should have had since its inception - one that won't break diff screws every five minutes - but then they go and put delrin out drives on it instead of aluminium...

Why are you surprised?All cars out are a progression.All cars in a series have had things that needed improvements.And so the company makes them.But why wouldn't Hotbodies give themselves a chance to release a special edition kit in the near future?It's simple marketing.They lowered the price a little to market it as a lower priced kit not a lower spec kit.Obviously the special edition spec kit is in the future is coming in typical fashion for HB.Not that hard to figure out.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesArluck
Finding a way to 'out-cheap' the TC5...
you never know.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
here you go.
That is weird! Maybe for more chassis flex? IDK

Thanks for the pics
Old 04-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I stand corrected by mangoman. Perhaps I overstressed the difference in the level of kit. I'm just surprised that the new supposedly top-level HB car is missing a bunch of top-level bits. I mean, yes it's got the diff that the cyclone should have had since its inception - one that won't break diff screws every five minutes - but then they go and put delrin out drives on it instead of aluminium...
remember u have to think like its ur company its all about making money first come out with the tc it will sell then the sell start to drop then come out with upgrades sells then starts to drop then come out with a new kit with the upgrade all about keeping the money flowing in
Old 04-29-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the TC version has also updated bulkheads and shock towers, new bridge between the bulkheads and the new diff obviously

I might be cheaper to take a TC and add the lightweight turnbuckles.. than an andy moore and add all the new bits..
In the end, it probably end up all the same
Old 04-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Patriiick
the TC version has also updated bulkheads and shock towers, new bridge between the bulkheads and the new diff obviously

I might be cheaper to take a TC and add the lightweight turnbuckles.. than an andy moore and add all the new bits..
In the end, it probably end up all the same
if u look back u will see what i post its like 230 to take ur wce and make it a WCE TC
Old 04-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Tech Rookie

does cyclone wce needs any option parts to handle all the new brushless motors ?( heard that you need some option parts for the older version of the cyclone to get to certain gear ratio )
Old 04-30-2008, 12:28 AM
Tech Initiate

I bet Hara was building a wet car just in case.
Its very difficult to fully waterproof brushless systems in a flat chassis car, so using a tub chassis makes sence.
Also the plastic tub gives more grip due to flex also a great idea for the rain.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by richard baker
I bet Hara was building a wet car just in case.
Its very difficult to fully waterproof brushless systems in a flat chassis car, so using a tub chassis makes sence.
Also the plastic tub gives more grip due to flex also a great idea for the rain.
So why was he running it in the dry?
Old 04-30-2008, 01:42 AM
JL
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JL
I've just bought a rear WCE shock tower to replace one on my original black cyclone. I've just discovered that the holes in the WCE tower are higher than the original. Because of this I can only set my droop at 6 or less as the shock aren't long enough for me to set the droop where I want.

Have other people found this too? What's the solution? Is it just a case of lengthening the shock?
Can anyone help? I'm sure someone can guide me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
Jason
Old 04-30-2008, 01:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Pocknell
So why was he running it in the dry?
I doubt hara can make it rain on queue, perhaps if you asked andy he could do it :P
Old 04-30-2008, 02:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Matt

Already answered it Flex
I am led to believe the track had been resurfsced and not that grippy, also the tyres are hard so maybe trying to generate more grip through flex and make the tyres work harder.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Personally, think of it this way. When using 5cells at 1500g it's a very easy way to add weight where required (down low)...

You could use a thicker chassis plate (which will weigh more), however the flex would then be way off. This way, he can use a heavier bottom plate, but with similar flex characteristics to a thin carbon plate.... simple really...

Ed
Old 04-30-2008, 04:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

So,is the outdrives the only differences besides the turnbuckles?Or are there others?Need to get a comparison because I only race stock.Maybe 19 turn once in a while.Mario.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.