Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 07:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by daleburr
I've tested the two on a dyno. The boosted software even with all boost/turbo off produces a lot more power at higher rpm than the blinky software, so it's still doing something under the hood. So the options are keep changing the firmware, or buy a v3 ESC.
Originally Posted by COBRARACING
No your not adding boost or turbo when set at zero but its a spec rule that the escs leds must blink 2 times a sec which means you need to have the 508 zero timing software to achieve it as the software on the xtreme stock and 2.1v dont have the software feature like the v3 has were you have zero on boost and zero on turbo and the leds blink to indicate zero timing mode.
Thanks for the replies. This is very interesting...

COBRARACING I take it from your reply that in theory running the 930 firmware with 0 boost and 0 timing it should perform the same as the 508 zero timing except the LED will not flash?

daleburr I take it from your reply that in practice running the 930 with 0 boost and 0 turbo is infact faster than running the 508 zero timing?

This is what I did not want to hear...

As I said I do feel that 930 with 0 boost and 0 turbo is faster but I've never tried them back to back. daleburr confirms that with his dyno test but if the official answer is they should be the same bar the blinking LED then there must be something which means the 508 zero timing is slower than it should be? I was rather hoping to hear that 930 has something like 5 degrees static timing as standard but 508 zero timing does not. Then I could understand the difference and rest easy that my ESC is running as good as it can.

Unless... daleburr have you tested other blinky ESC with your dyno? Would you say it's a deficiency in the 508 no timing or something with the 930 that makes it faster, which is causing this difference?
Old 03-10-2013, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Quantra
Thanks for the replies. This is very interesting...

COBRARACING I take it from your reply that in theory running the 930 firmware with 0 boost and 0 timing it should perform the same as the 508 zero timing except the LED will not flash?

daleburr I take it from your reply that in practice running the 930 with 0 boost and 0 turbo is infact faster than running the 508 zero timing?

This is what I did not want to hear...

As I said I do feel that 930 with 0 boost and 0 turbo is faster but I've never tried them back to back. daleburr confirms that with his dyno test but if the official answer is they should be the same bar the blinking LED then there must be something which means the 508 zero timing is slower than it should be? I was rather hoping to hear that 930 has something like 5 degrees static timing as standard but 508 zero timing does not. Then I could understand the difference and rest easy that my ESC is running as good as it can.

Unless... daleburr have you tested other blinky ESC with your dyno? Would you say it's a deficiency in the 508 no timing or something with the 930 that makes it faster, which is causing this difference?
I've tested one other blinky ESC on the dyno, and its performance was very similar to the Hobbywing with 508 firmware, so I think the 508 is doing exactly what we expect. But the 211 firmware that I tested (which should be similar to the 930) is doing something different. I've tested it on two types of dyno (flywheel and slave), and both confirm these results; the 211 with boost/turbo at 0 is still more powerful than the 508.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by puma303
hi angelo, i send you an email for info on 8.5T. Thanks for help
up
Old 03-11-2013, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

I've tested one other blinky ESC on the dyno, and its performance was very similar to the Hobbywing with 508 firmware, so I think the 508 is doing exactly what we expect. But the 211 firmware that I tested (which should be similar to the 930) is doing something different. I've tested it on two types of dyno (flywheel and slave), and both confirm these results; the 211 with boost/turbo at 0 is still more powerful than the 508.
Thanks for that, saves me running out and buying a load of ESC's to test, will stay with my XTREME Stock and get proper blinky software on it to stop my mates complaining =]
Old 03-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Xtreme stock

Hi I have the xtreme stock and was wondering were to get a blinks software for my esc
Old 03-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

Hobbywing website.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

The software has been submitted just waiting for the results.
Any updates on software approval by Roar?

i do believe a number of people have v3s in their cars, waiting on confirmation for the Nats

which version is legal and is not legal??
Old 03-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Please post your results with 508 and with the 211 with zero boost and zero turbo .
I am very intetested in seeing the difference .
Old 03-12-2013, 02:59 AM
Tech Master

Please post your results with 508 and with the 211 with zero boost and zero turbo .
I am very intetested in seeing the difference .
Image attached. The hollow boxes are the 211 firmware, the solid boxes are the 508 firmware. The pink lines are the interesting ones.

I was having some issues getting the 211 to ramp up properly, so I had to ramp the throttle up a little slower at the start (as you can see from the slower current build-up), but from 5000RPM upwards its a fair comparison. I need to do a bit more testing on the ramp-up issues, I think it was probably just the voltage cut-off as my flywheel is pretty heavy and draws a big load.
Attached Thumbnails NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-blinky_to_211_compare.png  
Old 03-12-2013, 05:52 AM
Tech Adept

That's quite a power advantage.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Esc 120 amp 3.0 and 3.1 as well as software 129 have been approved and listed on roars website.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Image attached. The hollow boxes are the 211 firmware, the solid boxes are the 508 firmware. The pink lines are the interesting ones.

I was having some issues getting the 211 to ramp up properly, so I had to ramp the throttle up a little slower at the start (as you can see from the slower current build-up), but from 5000RPM upwards its a fair comparison. I need to do a bit more testing on the ramp-up issues, I think it was probably just the voltage cut-off as my flywheel is pretty heavy and draws a big load.
I've done some more testing on the firmware versions. It looks like the throttle ramp-up time does have an effect on the overall power curve. Perhaps ramping up too fast creates excessive heat and reduces power later on. Something to bear in mind with driving style as I guess this could also happen on track.

With a slow-ramp up (for both firmwares) the difference is a lot less, although the 211 still looks slightly ahead on power.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi. Has anyone tested the custom slope rates on the timing boost and turbo settings?
Old 03-13-2013, 02:19 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

I've done some more testing on the firmware versions. It looks like the throttle ramp-up time does have an effect on the overall power curve
Makes sense, because you mentioned you use a heavy flywheel...
Old 03-13-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Cobraracing, do you know if there is a resolution to the Xerun 150A ESC sensor error?
I've tested two ESCs with 3 different motors and 2 different sensor wires and at about half throttle the red and green lights flash, which I believe means a sensor error. All three motors and sensor wires work fine in sensor mode on a RX8 and MMP.
The motors I've tested are Hobbywing 2000kv, Tekin 1900kv and Tekin 2250kv
Lipo used for testing, 4S 5000mah 40C

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.