Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

No matter how good a product you have people are never satisfied...
Old 02-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Suspended

Just ordered the Speed Passion GT2.0 PRO Brushless ESC in blue from Rc Market (the guy off here)

Was going to wait until they had the Tekin Rs in stock but i really can't be bothered to wait 6 days

and I would have waited for the Pro Stock edition but apparently that wouldn't have been a massive advantage over the one i've ordered plus I may want to run mod in the future.

So if the Rc market guy reads this, please send my stuff as 'toys' and a value of like $16 so I don't get stung on import duty

Happy days, can't wait to take out my knackered old Lrp Sphere Tc Spec.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Can you buy the blue GT cases anywhere online? I'm in oz so need somewhere that'll ship
Old 02-07-2010, 03:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
Can you buy the blue GT cases anywhere online? I'm in oz so need somewhere that'll ship
which gt??
gt1 or gt2?
Old 02-07-2010, 05:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

GT2
Old 02-07-2010, 05:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CraigM
yep 3 type of new case
GT2.1 Blue and black case
Cirtix Esc Case

i think Cirtix Esc Case is
better for performance of heatsink
Cirtix Case should be available to replace GT2.0
is it possible adam ?
Old 02-07-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by irgo
yep 3 type of new case
GT2.1 Blue and black case
Cirtix Esc Case

i think Cirtix Esc Case is
better for performance of heatsink
Cirtix Case should be available to replace GT2.0
is it possible adam ?
Old 02-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok im totally lost!

Got the speed passion gt2.0, and im going to be running 10.5 how do i download software? whats the right one and also how do i put it on my ESC? as i didnt get a usb cable or anything with mine? do i need to buy this seperate?

Thanks in advance!

Chris
Old 02-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Suspended

You get the more basic programming board with the esc.. But if you want to upload new stuff to the speedo you need the lcd programming box.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
You get the more basic programming board with the esc.. But if you want to upload new stuff to the speedo you need the lcd programming box.
ok thank you very much!

Can i just use the program card i got with esc for now? what settings do people recomend for 10.5 indoors

Chris

Last edited by Chris Griffiths; 02-07-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Default Sensor Cable "Compatibility"...????

I searched the thread, and never found what I was looking for, so here goes...

When I first got an SP ESC (GT2.0 LPF), and Ultrasportsman 13.5, I also ordered an SP sensor cable -- everything worked great...

When I bought the second GT2.0 LPF, I used it with a Novak motor -- everything worked great...

However, when I did some motor swapping and changed from the Ultrasportsman 13.5 to a v3 13.5, I needed another sensor cable, and all the hobby shop had were LRP cables. I figured "No Problem" -- they are "compatible", right?

The original LPF worked fine at first, then during the second heat race, the car started to run rough and lost speed..???? After the race, I found that the sensor cable had worked loose at the ESC... Plugged it back in - made SURE it was fully seated, ran fine in the third heat... Then in the main, same thing -- cogging at low speed, lost top end -- sensor cable loose again...

At home, I realized that the LRP cable plug seems to be a hair smaller, and doesn't "lock into the ESC"... ????? (even fully seated, it pulls out easily with just a small tug on the cable..)

OH -- PS: at the track I tried to change to a Novak cable, but no-go -- it would NOT fully seat in the ESC.. As noted earlier, I've run Novak motors/cables with the other LPF, so I know it SHOULD work, but...?

I now suspect that "compatible" really isn't, and that the quality control on these little cables isn't what I thought it was...?

Any advice on sensor cables? Are the SpeedPassion cables that much better? (I NEVER had a problem with this ESC using the SP cable with the previous motor...)

Thanks in advance for any help...
Old 02-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tfrahm
I searched the thread, and never found what I was looking for, so here goes...

When I first got an SP ESC (GT2.0 LPF), and Ultrasportsman 13.5, I also ordered an SP sensor cable -- everything worked great...

When I bought the second GT2.0 LPF, I used it with a Novak motor -- everything worked great...

However, when I did some motor swapping and changed from the Ultrasportsman 13.5 to a v3 13.5, I needed another sensor cable, and all the hobby shop had were LRP cables. I figured "No Problem" -- they are "compatible", right?

The original LPF worked fine at first, then during the second heat race, the car started to run rough and lost speed..???? After the race, I found that the sensor cable had worked loose at the ESC... Plugged it back in - made SURE it was fully seated, ran fine in the third heat... Then in the main, same thing -- cogging at low speed, lost top end -- sensor cable loose again...

At home, I realized that the LRP cable plug seems to be a hair smaller, and doesn't "lock into the ESC"... ????? (even fully seated, it pulls out easily with just a small tug on the cable..)

OH -- PS: at the track I tried to change to a Novak cable, but no-go -- it would NOT fully seat in the ESC.. As noted earlier, I've run Novak motors/cables with the other LPF, so I know it SHOULD work, but...?

I now suspect that "compatible" really isn't, and that the quality control on these little cables isn't what I thought it was...?

Any advice on sensor cables? Are the SpeedPassion cables that much better? (I NEVER had a problem with this ESC using the SP cable with the previous motor...)

Thanks in advance for any help...
By all mean, IF you can, of course, pick up or use the SPEED PASSION cable just simply the "waranty" reason....if things not working well, you can always ask question and require service thru Speed Passion here.....are they any PERFORMANCE or fitment issue that is better then the other brand, I highly doubt that.

Now, your case, I don't think it is the cable...but try other cables and see is there a specific one that works better. I myself has at least 8 Speed Passion speedo since version 1.0 to the version 2.1 and I had yet has anyone that came loose while racing. Infact, each time I have to remove that, I have to use a little screw driver to pile it up with some force. It is not LOOSE at all.

If you look carefull on each plug, it is suppose to have a "locking" notch on each male, and on the female part (on the speedo). May be your female part of the notch was demaged so it no longer LOCKED while having the while plugged in. If this is the case on my speedo, I will try add a thin layer of Scotch tape, wrap around the PLUG on the sencor wire, then try to seat it back into the speedo JUST hope the thicken plug will "tight fit" the speedo plugs location.

If that is still loose, I am sure your speedo sensor plug's seat is broken or damaged....send it back to SP and have them to take a look.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kschu
which gt??
gt1 or gt2?
GT2.0 sorry. Surprisingly I think our local disty might have them
Old 02-07-2010, 05:22 PM
TEM
Tech Regular

Default sensor cables

I've had a LRP cable pop loose once. (my 2nd day out with my SP stuff). Just zip tie the sensor cable down so you don't have any slack flapping around and you should be just fine!
Old 02-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Solara
... Infact, each time I have to remove that, I have to use a little screw driver to pile it up with some force. It is not LOOSE at all.

If you look carefull on each plug, it is suppose to have a "locking" notch on each male, and on the female part (on the speedo). May be your female part of the notch was demaged so it no longer LOCKED while having the while plugged in. If this is the case on my speedo, I will try add a thin layer of Scotch tape, wrap around the PLUG on the sencor wire, then try to seat it back into the speedo JUST hope the thicken plug will "tight fit" the speedo plugs location.

If that is still loose, I am sure your speedo sensor plug's seat is broken or damaged....send it back to SP and have them to take a look.
Solara -- Thanks for the response... I am pretty sure the ESC is OK -- the LRP cable plug just appears to be under-sized (it is too easy to insert/pull out of the ESC -- it also does not have any locking notch to engage with the socket on the ESC... I have not yet figured out what the problem was with the Novak cable, and I WILL order an SP cable, just to be safe..

However, for now, I may have to either try the "tape trick" to make the cable I have a tighter fit or see if the Novak has some molding flash that prevents it from seating... At the track, in the heat of competition, it is hard to accurately diagnose some things. I have had such great performance and relaibility from my GT2.0 LPF's that this just caught me by surprise -- especially since I had never had a problem before, even with the combo using Novak motors (I've used both a 13.5 SS and Ballistic 13.5's with the other SP GT2.0 LPF and had great luck)..

PS: The new v3 13.5 is a GREAT MOTOR! when the cable was working right, this new motor is STRONG! better torque and better top end than the Ultrasporstman 13.5 I had been doing so well with. Motor temps indicate I can still gear up, gaining even more speed!

PS2: I should point out that a cable problem like this with a Novak ESC would have been MUCH worse -- A Novak ESC will NOT even run without the sensor cable connected! With the SP ESC, I was at least able to finish the main (the SP just switched over to sensorless operation automatically -- some cogging at low speed and loss of top end, but IT FINISHED THE RACE!).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.