Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

dsyed1,

What motor timing are you using on your SP Ver 3 17.5R motor?

I have found the 107 software to be the faster than the 110. I am still experimenting with settings, so I will give your setup a go.

Thank you,

Regards,

Calvin.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by caltek1
dsyed1,

What motor timing are you using on your SP Ver 3 17.5R motor?

I have found the 107 software to be the faster than the 110. I am still experimenting with settings, so I will give your setup a go.

Thank you,

Regards,

Calvin.
i am running max physical timing on the motor (10 degrees i believe), and max on the esc 26 degrees... depending on your driving style you may get varying temp readings .. so i would recommend 22 degrees on esc to start with and max on motor

if you feel you still need more power and are temping below 155-160F then go to 26 degrees on esc
Old 02-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
I have yet to try 10.5....but you can definitely use the 1107 or 1110 software for 10.5 motor. My guess is 5.8 final drive but that is just my guess...use your last final drive from your previously used speedo to start and keep checking on motor temp and speed.

AMTS set at 6, DRRS set at 7....motor timing @ stock.
Great, Thank you
Old 02-08-2010, 01:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by my4ari
Can anyone shed some light on whats going on with my motors. I have had 2 ultra sportsman 13.5 motors and both have cooked themselves after only a very short time of having them. The 2nd one cooked yesterday after only the 2nd run from new. I used the suggested gearing that the motor came with and after the first run was temp at 58deg celcius. After 3 mins of my 2nd race, about 3 mins into it the motor suddenly slowed so i pulled off. Temp gun showed 134deg celcius. Cars drivetrain is really free running and the speed control (Speed Passion GT2.0 Pro) was only at 56deg. I really dont know what im doing wrong but its getting really really expensive having to buy motors all the time and quite frankly, 2 motors in such a short time im regretting ever buying speed passion products. Please help
What ESC?
What S/W?
What Gearing?
What kind of Car?
indoor/outdoor?

I wouldn't trash the the motors until you actually post a reason why you have 2 blown motors
Old 02-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

dsyed1,

Thank you for the info. I have been running max timing in the speedo and mid on the motor witha FDR of 5.18.

I will try more timing before changing the gearing.

Regards,

Calvin.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dsyed1
by no means this is an official and detailed comparison analysis of the different speed controls, I have all three of them and tried running them all and ended up staying with SP gear
That's good

i am racing in the 17.5 class so everyone runs 17.5 from one brand or another, people are running anything from a duo, duo2, lrp x12, novak and speed passion v2 and v3 motors, but speedos are mostly either tekin or spx also most folks here are using similar 40c to 50c type lipo batteries as well
Same enough Power comparison

my motor temps are around 155-160 in the above setup, not sure the temp on the esc but i have the stock sp fan running on it..
too bad cannot get the ESC Temp...

i am currently racing with the same cars as well (xray t2/t3) that are running Tekin and SPX... I know off the line at start of the race my car has much more torque but Tekin 203 will pass me fairly easily once the turbo kicks in...
Now this is the fact when happen in the line,
So far Turbo realy great, yes ?

I think what i was trying to point out to in my observation is that car setup and driving skills are also a big part of the equation...
I Agree with that,

your comparison details is very useful,

too bad miss the esc temps

So Turbo is fast, i believe Speed Passion
must improve something on this.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Speed Passion - Hobbywing? LCD

Hi guys im new to the site been reading your thread some good stuff about the 2.0 which ive just bought...got the v3 10.5 too!

Right il get to the question... ive bought a hobbywing LCD PROGRAMMER as it looks the same and does the same etc as i cant get hold of a speed passion one anywhere!

It is on there website as i cant post URL yet but the prgram for the pc and box etc all look the same!

It should work with my Sp GT2.0LPF right? Please say yes!
Russ
Old 02-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rjmracer
Hi guys im new to the site been reading your thread some good stuff about the 2.0 which ive just bought...got the v3 10.5 too!

Right il get to the question... ive bought a hobbywing LCD PROGRAMMER as it looks the same and does the same etc as i cant get hold of a speed passion one anywhere!

It is on there website as i cant post URL yet but the prgram for the pc and box etc all look the same!

Russ
Russ, i am afraid, although they are the same LCD unit, the software in the HW LCD is completely different and will not allow you to install the Speedpassion Software. I made the mistake to try the HW software and once i did it, i could no longer revert back to the Speedpassion stuff. I had to send my LCD box to Speedpassion to get it Re-Flashed. Big pain in the you know what...
Old 02-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Russ, i am afraid, although they are the same LCD unit, the software in the HW LCD is completely different and will not allow you to install the Speedpassion Software. I made the mistake to try the HW software and once i did it, i could no longer revert back to the Speedpassion stuff. I had to send my LCD box to Speedpassion to get it Re-Flashed. Big pain in the you know what...
you are taking it wrong way using HW software on SpeedPassion LCD

He is not Using HW Software on SpeedPassion LCD but
he is using HW LCD and running SP Software, that will work.

Originally Posted by rjmracer

Russ

Last edited by irgo; 02-08-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Here you go, yes it works........

Charlie you either need to read peoples posts properly or you need to stop trying to mislead people. As discussed before am willing to stay quiet for the sake of the SP 'Brand' but lets not mislead people eh?

Originally Posted by cherry2blost

Basically all I have done is Flash the LCD Programmer with the Speed Passion Ver 1.32 Software, funnily enough, as soon as you do this the start up welcome screen on the programmer then reads Speed Passion V1.02??

Old 02-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Tech Addict

I don't think it's a case of misleading people, people just need to realize that if they happen to brick there LCD programmer or ESC because the incorrect software was used then it's all on them and they will have no right to come on here and ask Speed Passion "BUT WHY ?"

Since Charlie has already experienced a failure on an LCD programmer by using the incorrect software I think he has every right to forewarn people.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Skitee
I don't think it's a case of misleading people, people just need to realize that if they happen to brick there LCD programmer or ESC because the incorrect software was used then it's all on them and they will have no right to come on here and ask Speed Passion "BUT WHY ?"

Since Charlie has already experienced a failure on an LCD programmer by using the incorrect software I think he has every right to forewarn people.
As I stated before..... you guys need to READ the posts before jumping on the SP defence band wagon.
So far the only LCD units that have gone tits up are the SP ones, the HW ones can rotate back and forth as often as you like, intentional hobbling anyone?

If like us here in the UK, you are UNABLE to buy the SP ones as the Distibutor doesn't have them, AND there IS a guy here selling HW ones for £20 then we are going to HAVE to buy and use the Hobbywing one.

It just beggars belief the way that Americans think that the rest of the world just doesn't exist lol (unless it's got oil of course lol)
Old 02-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Dont really see what benefit its going to bring if there is going to be damage done to poeples programmers or esc's. Most likely scenario is bad publicity for not only SP but HW too.
Have to agree with Cherry the hassles has been with SP programmers but it must have been due to smome other hassles seeing i have been changing back and forth for a while with my SP programmer and have had no issues.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Here you go, yes it works........

Charlie you either need to read peoples posts properly or you need to stop trying to mislead people. As discussed before am willing to stay quiet for the sake of the SP 'Brand' but lets not mislead people eh?
Congratulates ! Welcome To the Speed Passion World.
When The Speed is your Passion.

After That, why Don't you try To Run
HW Software on your HW LCD back?
up your HW Firmware to HW LCD back.
show us the Image results again ?
will You cherry2blost?
Old 02-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
What ESC?
What S/W?
What Gearing?
What kind of Car?
indoor/outdoor?

I wouldn't trash the the motors until you actually post a reason why you have 2 blown motors
Running SP GT2.0 brand new (also the first run) with all the stock settings
Gearing was 5.25
Schumacher Mi3.5pro
Outdoor smooth medium grip asphalt.

As for a reason why i have 2 blown motors, I wouldnt have a clue. Up until November last year i ran a Novak GTB with SS13.5 motor running 4.5FDR without any issues. Thought i was upgrading by buying th SP GT2.0 and SP 13.5 motor. First GT2.0 was faulty and SP replaced it immediately as it never worked properly, and now my motor issues. What else can i say, it must just be my bad luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.