Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 01:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Born2Run
I didn't say that you cannot run on sensorless with 110 & 107.You can do it if you want but your car will slow like a snail.
what will be the best software to use on sensorless? isit still the 230?
Old 04-10-2010, 01:53 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys. Did a little more again on the Supercharger. Playing with timing a little.

Originally I had 20 degrees timing on the can and ATMS set to number 5.

So keeping every other setting the same. I removed 12 degrees timing on the can - bringing it to 8 degrees and upped the ATMS to number 6. (this is for 13.5).

The car surprised me as it was far more punchy at the bottom end, but also quicker top end . So i kept ATMS 6 and upped motor timing. I lost a little punch, gained nothing on top-end and generated some more heat.

So long story short, it appears that if you want to use any motor timing - set it all via the software (of course with a little on the can 5-10 degrees for old times sake). Setting it via the software, makes the timing more effective with the supercharge? as the speedo is in control of it?

Anyone else with similar findings?

Sunday I may also try upping ATMS to 7 - and then drop motor timing off to zero.

btw the more i play with this software and the more track time it gets. it just keeps getting better.

Cant wait for the final official release along with any improvements!
Old 04-10-2010, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Its always better to keep the motor at zero and let the esc do all of the timing.

Originally Posted by geubes
Hi Guys. Did a little more again on the Supercharger. Playing with timing a little.

Originally I had 20 degrees timing on the can and ATMS set to number 5.

So keeping every other setting the same. I removed 12 degrees timing on the can - bringing it to 8 degrees and upped the ATMS to number 6. (this is for 13.5).

The car surprised me as it was far more punchy at the bottom end, but also quicker top end . So i kept ATMS 6 and upped motor timing. I lost a little punch, gained nothing on top-end and generated some more heat.

So long story short, it appears that if you want to use any motor timing - set it all via the software (of course with a little on the can 5-10 degrees for old times sake). Setting it via the software, makes the timing more effective with the supercharge? as the speedo is in control of it?

Anyone else with similar findings?

Sunday I may also try upping ATMS to 7 - and then drop motor timing off to zero.

btw the more i play with this software and the more track time it gets. it just keeps getting better.

Cant wait for the final official release along with any improvements!
Old 04-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)
Smile

I am going to be running 17.5 and 13.5, should i get the Pro or the new 2.1 pro stock esc???? THANKS
Old 04-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Burl Swift
Offroad guy here,

*ducks*

I just bought an FT B4 from another member here on the board, and it came with a SpeedPassion LPF GT 2.0 (blue), and I know ziltch about it. Actually...I know ziltch about all of these new ESC's, as I've been outta the RC game for many many years now, probably near 15.

Anyway, I have a few questions. First, I'll be running a Losi 17.5 BL motor, will this be a problem? Second, I don't have a sensor cable, do I need one with a SpeedPassion connector on one end and a Losi connector on the other, or are they all universal? Also, it didn't come with a receiver cable, but the seller is supposed to be sending this to me...but where on the speedo does it plug in? I don't really see a spot for a receiver connector?

And finally...the seller is also supposed to be sending me the program card, will I be able to tell using that what software version I have installed on my speedo?

edit -Oops, sorry one more question, what is FDR?

I'm sorry for all the newbie questions from this offroader, but the onroad crowd seems to be more knowledgable on the SpeedPassion stuff. I promise I'll leave after I get my answers.
hi Garth, first the real easy stuff, FDR is final drive ratio, or just plain ole gear ratio. i believe with the B-4 and 17.5 your going to want to be around a 30 or so pinion with a 78 spur gear, I'm not 100% on that but thats where i was with my SP17.5 in a academy buggy. (note the SP or speedpassion 17.5 likes more gear then other motors IMO) when you get the program card plug it in , you will NOT be able to tell what software is in the ESC, I would ask the guy you got it from, the standard software is fine for most off road tracks so i wouldn't worry about that.

all senor cables have the same plug on both ends so you will be fine there, some motors have a wire that is not removable. on your esc, look down from the top you will see the pins where the rcvr cable goes, now look very close at the case and you will see the + and - and signal symbols, that is the directions it plugs in, the other two pins are for a fan, which you won't need in stock off road.

if you don't get your cables and program card, pm me, i have extra, and don't worry about the questions, I told thats what this forum is for
Old 04-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi all, im from spain, and i have a xerun 120A, but i using speed passion software

what is the best software for modified? (Sp 6.5 V3)

im using 323, and feel good, but i dont test all software, only this
Old 04-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Where is everybody running the physical timing on the SP 17.5 v3? I'm running this in my SC truck with 2.1 Pro stock.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Lagunikas
Hi all, im from spain, and i have a xerun 120A, but i using speed passion software

what is the best software for modified? (Sp 6.5 V3)

im using 323, and feel good, but i dont test all software, only this
if your running 6.5 off road, 205g im told is very good also the standard software for a sp gt2.0 is very good.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by xrayal
if your running 6.5 off road, 110 im told is very good also the standard software for a sp gt2.0 is very good.
im using the 6.5 in a indoor, with a 1/10 touring, and medium-high grip
Old 04-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kwiksi
Where is everybody running the physical timing on the SP 17.5 v3? I'm running this in my SC truck with 2.1 Pro stock.
I ran my SC10 with a SP17.5 with the motor timing set in the middle like it comes out of the package. I ran 18.75 on the esc, this was with a lpf 2.0 don't remember which software came stock on it but thats what i ran.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
hi Garth, first the real easy stuff, FDR is final drive ratio, or just plain ole gear ratio. i believe with the B-4 and 17.5 your going to want to be around a 30 or so pinion with a 78 spur gear, I'm not 100% on that but thats where i was with my SP17.5 in a academy buggy. (note the SP or speedpassion 17.5 likes more gear then other motors IMO) when you get the program card plug it in , you will NOT be able to tell what software is in the ESC, I would ask the guy you got it from, the standard software is fine for most off road tracks so i wouldn't worry about that.

all senor cables have the same plug on both ends so you will be fine there, some motors have a wire that is not removable. on your esc, look down from the top you will see the pins where the rcvr cable goes, now look very close at the case and you will see the + and - and signal symbols, that is the directions it plugs in, the other two pins are for a fan, which you won't need in stock off road.

if you don't get your cables and program card, pm me, i have extra, and don't worry about the questions, I told thats what this forum is for
Thanks for the answers skypilot! If the seller doesn't send me my cables and card I'll definitly be sending you a PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)
Smile Pro or Pro Stock 2.1??

Hey Which is better, i am only going to be running 17.5 or a 13.5 later down the road....So which is better, the pro 2.0 lpf or the new prostock 2.1? It will be used in a cyclone TC thanks and i am new to this!!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58
Hey Which is better, i am only going to be running 17.5 or a 13.5 later down the road....So which is better, the pro 2.0 lpf or the new prostock 2.1? It will be used in a cyclone TC thanks and i am new to this!!
prostock 2.1
Old 04-11-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys looking for a bit of help here

I'm running a tc5 with the ekotek chassis. with a 17.5

Looking for what fdr i should be running on a medium size track aphalt parking lot track, we do soda water the track

plus where can i find the updates, I tried looking at the speedpassion site. but can't figure it out.

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Old 04-12-2010, 02:55 AM
Tech Adept

hello, i want to know where i can telecharge the supercharger beta software?

bye

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.