Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tamale is a very busy guy. He has a real job as well.
I live in Dallas area, so I see him at track on weekends (and he see's me crying when I break a hubs)

Provided these fit and work well, I'll see if there's some way I can help him find a little more time to make some more (not on the machining side, but all that other time consuming stuff: shipping, order processing, etc)
Old 12-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by markf3x
Tamale is a very busy guy. He has a real job as well.
I live in Dallas area, so I see him at track on weekends (and he see's me crying when I break a hubs)

Provided these fit and work well, I'll see if there's some way I can help him find a little more time to make some more (not on the machining side, but all that other time consuming stuff: shipping, order processing, etc)
I would be interested, how much to ship to Canada?
Old 12-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

fairtrace check your messages
Old 12-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi All

I just picked up a Type R to have a play with, we run mostly rubber on low traction asphalt, BL mod. Is there a proper spool available, or do i have to do the homemade jobbie with sandpaper or header card?

Any setups for low traction ?

So far i was quite impressed with the build, though the kit settings are way too stiff, i put some 11lb tamiya springs on the rear, and the kit 17.5 on the front and it feels much better, though the front is still stiff, compared to other cars. First run will hopefully be this weekend
Old 12-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Here is the part number for the 42t spool pulley: LOSA3329 is the 42T Spool Pulley. They also make a 41T pulley as well.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Do you guys who go crazy with balancing get front to back exact? I got the IRS buttons and it seems like it will take a good bit of weight to make it balanced. My car is already heavy from weighting side to side and I have 1/4oz and the transponder up front behind the bumper. My electronics are as far forward as they can go.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Hi All

I just picked up a Type R to have a play with, we run mostly rubber on low traction asphalt, BL mod. Is there a proper spool available, or do i have to do the homemade jobbie with sandpaper or header card?

So far i was quite impressed with the build, though the kit settings are way too stiff, i put some 11lb tamiya springs on the rear, and the kit 17.5 on the front and it feels much better, though the front is still stiff, compared to other cars. First run will hopefully be this weekend
i ran Todd's Reedy set up and my car was dialed !!!
Old 12-13-2007, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

Default consistency of the type R

I have commented before about the kit, but every time I go out to practice I am gaining more and more time.

To explain how consistent I can drive with the car, last night I ran the car for 12 + 1/2 minutes. Using 13.5 brushless w/36 size pin. completed 71 laps with an average of 10.6 seconds from start to finish. I could not believe how I am matching my previous laps two and more times in a row. The consistency is unreal. I am not the fastest racer at my club based on my lap times, but I am getting there. Could this be the result of not using matched packs? because I am using IB3600's stick packs that have been redone to fit onto the side by side tray.

I look at other results of other racers using xray kits and they are all over the place. It is rare when you see lap after lap that are the same or so close.

It could be that my skill level is good, maybe, but I think the kit has something to do with it.

Go LOSI!!
Old 12-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by MaxRain
I have commented before about the kit, but every time I go out to practice I am gaining more and more time.

To explain how consistent I can drive with the car, last night I ran the car for 12 + 1/2 minutes. Using 13.5 brushless w/36 size pin. completed 71 laps with an average of 10.6 seconds from start to finish. I could not believe how I am matching my previous laps two and more times in a row. The consistency is unreal. I am not the fastest racer at my club based on my lap times, but I am getting there. Could this be the result of not using matched packs? because I am using IB3600's stick packs that have been redone to fit onto the side by side tray.

I look at other results of other racers using xray kits and they are all over the place. It is rare when you see lap after lap that are the same or so close.

It could be that my skill level is good, maybe, but I think the kit has something to do with it.

Go LOSI!!
your are right battery's do play a role in your lap times. Your lines probably play a bigger part though. Watch the fast guys and try to get your lines to match theirs.
If you are constant and running good lines. Then u are ready for more.
I would suggest getting some new packs. I recommend express ep4600.

he does have some lower level packs so u can save a little money that way.
http://tmxpress.net/products/product...roducts_id=149

hope this helps
Ron
Old 12-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
I think Ron would know if they are going to make anymore since he works for them.

that is who I got this info from. thank you.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

anyone got a good setup for stock 13.5 rubber for carpet?

did some testing with it today and it was good but not great. i need to get this dialed before the ustcc novak race come first of te year.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

PM "Brian L" his car is fast at Trackside (Novak track) on rubber
Old 12-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Hi All

Hi Brad,

Didnt think you were going to get one of these... when you figure out a setup for Whalen, could you let me know?

Cheers,
Old 12-16-2007, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

so i'm not the only one breaking C-hubs?

Last edited by tallyrc; 12-16-2007 at 08:22 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jrr102486
anyone got a good setup for stock 13.5 rubber for carpet?

did some testing with it today and it was good but not great. i need to get this dialed before the ustcc novak race come first of te year.
Given some pages back: http://www.petitrc.com/view_news.php?id=4620

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.