Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 04:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustWill75
Had a great week with the TC6.2. Wednesday night finished Third in 17.5 and that was due to my own driver error. Did a little spring testing with Reflex, ARC and Yokomo Springs. I have to admit I really like the Yokomo Pink front and Blue rear. I did notice that in order to run them I had to use a different spring perch. I also noticed that even with the collars all the way up my ride height would not go below 5.5mm. For my track 5.5 is where you want to me but I still would like to know what is the best way to get the yokomo springs to work on the TC6 shocks? Note: I have not tried Reflex's new TC6.2 springs yet. I will order them soon.
To get RH with more adjustment..Take shock end(Tie rod end) and trim 1MM off end. That will give you all the adjustment you will need. Doing that will lower shock spring retainer.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TJames987
Hi I’m really confused about these arm mount dots. The kit setup has you use 1 one dot arm mounts which = 0 degrees. How does the rear end of the car get to 3 degrees of rear to using the one dot arm mount inserts?

The new setup sheets are kind of confusing too because they indicate inner and outer arm mounts for the arm mount inserts. I’m assuming inner means the mounts toward the centre of the car… What affect does changing the arm mount inserts in the front have, why not just adjust steering links?

Anyone else confused about this?
On the rear there is 3* toe in chassie design layout. So with 1 dots there will be 3* in the rear and 0* up front.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John Tag
To get RH with more adjustment..Take shock end(Tie rod end) and trim 1MM off end. That will give you all the adjustment you will need. Doing that will lower shock spring retainer.
Man do i feel dumb....... I mean that was so obvious that I'm almost embarrassed that i posted the question. .....

Any way thanks John I will do that. Has anyone tried the new reflex springs and does anyone know the release date of the Associated DCJ drive shafts?
Old 01-24-2014, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

What spring perch do you use with the yokomo springs??
Do you need to replace adjuster also???
Part#???
Thanks
Old 01-24-2014, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by chiefj48
What spring perch do you use with the yokomo springs??
Do you need to replace adjuster also???
Part#???
Thanks
I personally run the spring perch from Reflex for the TC6. Top adjuster I run stock.

http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-13mm...ps_p_1480.html
Old 01-24-2014, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

I personally run the spring perch from Reflex for the TC6. Top adjuster I run stock.

those look just like the ones I bought from 3racing. I used them and the stock collars.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-AE-T...cs_p_1671.html

Will these work on the 6.2?
And yes...I was thoroughly confused with the dots. I can't remember but were you guys CA'n all the inserts into the chubs and steering blocks?
Old 01-24-2014, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Thank you........
Old 01-24-2014, 06:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JayBee
http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-AE-T...cs_p_1671.html

Will these work on the 6.2?
And yes...I was thoroughly confused with the dots. I can't remember but were you guys CA'n all the inserts into the chubs and steering blocks?
Yes, Those are what I'm using.

Just use a dab of glue when the inserts meet the housing sides.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

On the rear there is 3* toe in chassie design layout. So with 1 dots there will be 3* in the rear and 0* up front.
The outer insert holder is wider than the front thus giving it toe if you go to the back of the book and read on thr arm position it says thay if you have the same insert in the front and back of the rear than you have 3 deg of toe if you have a 1 and 1 and you go to a two on the inside you now have taken away .5deg of toeso a total of 2.5deg of toe in the car it explains that each insert is worth .5deg over the previous on
Old 01-24-2014, 07:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rc car guy
The outer insert holder is wider than the front thus giving it toe if you go to the back of the book and read on thr arm position it says thay if you have the same insert in the front and back of the rear than you have 3 deg of toe if you have a 1 and 1 and you go to a two on the inside you now have taken away .5deg of toeso a total of 2.5deg of toe in the car it explains that each insert is worth .5deg over the previous on
Correct..Like I said the 1 dot is 0* + add the 3* on the chassie design and that is 3*..I personally run 1 dot on rear and 2 out in front of rear arm for 2.5* rear toe. The Outer mounts are std front and rear they are the same. The rear toe is drilled into the chassie rear inner mount location design NOT the mounts..The mounts are used to adjust the amount of rear toe or front sweep with the inserts.

Example- Front Inner mount 1 dot and front outer mount 1 dot inserts stock set up = 0* front sweep/Toe at arms. I personally run 1 dot inner mount and 2 out outer mount for 1/2* front sweep.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I see Kevin's first setup had weight behind the battery and motor. His latest makes no mention of any weight. Just wondering if the weight should still be there. Seems like 20 grams back there would make a pretty big difference either way.

Keith.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kghills
I see Kevin's first setup had weight behind the battery and motor. His latest makes no mention of any weight. Just wondering if the weight should still be there. Seems like 20 grams back there would make a pretty big difference either way.

Keith.
It depends on your battery and how your car balances I personally have ni weight behind my battery and 14g infront of it and 26g behind my motor to balance the bar l/r also my battery is in the backwards position with the peice of servo tape behind the battery to push it forward the csr weighs 1382 fully loaded the tires read with in a few grams of each other
Old 01-24-2014, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

can someone lead me in the right direction for a good set up. I have never ran onroad before, I will be running on a carpet track that is 100 by 50 newly put down thanks for any help.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pete Martinez
can someone lead me in the right direction for a good set up. I have never ran onroad before, I will be running on a carpet track that is 100 by 50 newly put down thanks for any help.
http://www.teamassociated.com/setupsheets/TC6.2/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.