Wiki Posts
Search

Advance R/C Car R10 2015

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 02:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Lol. I think you went through the entire list of things I've been telling people to do. The car is not perfect out of the box but with going through the things that you mentioned as well as some other tid-bits the car is fantastic. I really don't think there is a car that's perfect out of the box. This one is the best handling car Ive driven though. I am getting excited to compare the 13 vs 15. I have all the same electronics for the 15 so it will be all about the car testing.
Interesting, what other tweaks do you do when building a kit?

A number of my steps I do for other brands also, including the last X-ray I built. I'm just a bit picky, you can of course throw a kit together, but this is a hobby after all not rtr bashing.

You will be a very happy camper when you first drive the 15
Old 08-28-2014, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Interesting, what other tweaks do you do when building a kit?

A number of my steps I do for other brands also, including the last X-ray I built. I'm just a bit picky, you can of course throw a kit together, but this is a hobby after all not rtr bashing.

You will be a very happy camper when you first drive the 15
Don't have time to go through everything but for starters I get rid of any plastic shims and spacers (mostly the ones that come with the arms). Also making sure that the arms do not bind and raise equally on both sides. Make sure that the top deck is secured evenly at both ends. Apply a little pressure to a bar across the top shock towers with the chassis laying on a very flat surface then tightening up top deck. Helps de-tweak the car. I don't think I've came up with any major tips like your discovery's but it all helps. Got to go to work. Hopefully there will be a box on my porch when I get home today. lol
Old 08-28-2014, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
It probably doesn't make a ton of difference, but all the little tiny things add up to a superbly handling car.

Things i like to do when building a car:
Freeing up the spool - As per facebook
Sanding the gear diff plastics, where the bearing is seated.
Sanding the diff cams inside and out, so that the bearing fits smoothly in the carrier, and that the carrier (with bearing installed) sit in the bulkheads smoothly, this along with the top 2 points, makes a significant difference to the drive train.
Ensure that the bulkhead caps fit flush on the bulkheads (before sanding the diff cams they can rock around 0.2mm)
Ensure the bearing slide smoothly onto the driveshafts, spool outdrives and diff - if not a flat file and some time makes them perfect.
Check that the driveshaft blades are not tight, this will affect the action of the suspension, you can trim the inside of the blade, or the bulb on the end of the driveshaft.

When running a Trinity motor, i find it sits a little low in the flex bulkhead, and there is only a 0.5mm gap under the motor. I shim up the motor mount 1mm and place 1mm under the front and rear of the top deck also.

With the battery mounts, ensure the batt braces are not snug on the batter, then i use 3 layers of plain old electrical tape accross the sideways front tape slot, making a pad for the battery to sit on when taped in and i only use 1 piece of tap sideways (make sure you chamfer the tape slots, and i also put a large chamfer on the bottom of the chassis plate where the tape sits so that normal body roll does not slice the tape on the edge of the chassis.

Do all these things, and i can guarantee you that you will have a better handling car. It may not necessarily produce a faster lap time, but it will guarantee a faster race time.
This should be stickied

Thanks for the tips guys.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Besercoe - curious about shimming the motor mount. Are you trying to run a fan wire under the motor? Raising the motor and in effect the whole top place? Thanks for the info.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikos2002
Besercoe - curious about shimming the motor mount. Are you trying to run a fan wire under the motor? Raising the motor and in effect the whole top place? Thanks for the info.
+1
Old 08-28-2014, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think he's just doing it to allow more flex under the motor. The Trinity screw holes must set the motor a little lower than what most do.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nikos2002
He raised motor and toplate up only because the motor is slightly touching the bottom chassis when the chassis flexes. Not for any wires.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gridworks Racing
I've been running the ARC 2015 since its release and long before I got my hands on one, I'd been commenting on Sean Williams' car and how smooth it always looked. Fast forward to my first run with the car and instantly I thought it was the smoothest and quietest car I've driven. After driving the car more, I really began to enjoy the smoothness. The car literally drives like a Cadillac and turns laps like an F1.

I've also noticed that the car holds a solid line on power and at high speeds, which inspires confidence as it never feels on edge. Additionally, the shocks handle bumps very well, keep the car well composed and don't leak.

There is so much more I can say about the car, but I don't want to write a novel.

I am really pleased with the R10 2015 and can't wait to see the Black Edition when it arrives at our shop this Friday.
i would concur on the high speed handling. solid line for sure. just ran a huge track last weekend 200' straight. tracked like an arrow. carved the corners like a chefs knife thru butter. I like the comment "drives like a Cadillac and turns like an F1" true statement. i really like the car.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
i would concur on the high speed handling. solid line for sure. just ran a huge track last weekend 200' straight. tracked like an arrow. carved the corners like a chefs knife thru butter. I like the comment "drives like a Cadillac and turns like an F1" true statement. i really like the car.
Thanks!

I really look forward to running the car more and getting it dialed in, particularly the black version since I love a blacked out car. I am waiting anxiously for the kits and other items to arrive today.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

im still waiting to hear if my supplier has the low fric belts and pulley set.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I got my conversion today and as i was installing it, I noticed the new anodizing on the shock bodies are much improved. Smoother coating and I like the darker color too.

Last edited by trigger; 08-29-2014 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

i noticed the shocks were very well designed and buttery smooth. i was very impressed with the shocks at how easy they went together.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

im still waiting to hear if my supplier has the low fric belts and pulley set.
yes he does
Old 08-29-2014, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trigger
I got my conversion today and as i was installing it, I noticed the new anodizing on the shock bodies are much improved. Smoother coating and I like the darker color too.
+1 I got my 2015 kit this morning and just finished installing electrics now for tomorrows race.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i noticed the shocks were very well designed and buttery smooth. i was very impressed with the shocks at how easy they went together.
The starter holes to reduce rebound are also a nice plus.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.