Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

What foam front bumper fits this car? I know that pretty carbon one won't last for me
Old 05-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You will most likely need to make one, until they release a unit for it.

Some hobbie shops will have foam in stock that can be fitted, some Oval racers used flat Knee pads from the dollar store. The foam was very dense and worked very well never dragged.

I'm sure Slapmaster will make one soon.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Well as most of you have seen, lots of questions from me and tons of post every where doing my home work on 1/10 pan car. So as I wait for the second wave of Gen X 10 cars on the 27th, here is what I have on my list to buy in the coming day/s and wondering if I am missing anything to get up and running? I do have tools, charger no board/tweak station, hieght guages, droop tools at the moment but keeping an eye on the for sale section for a reduced price on these items.

spur/gears not sure who to buy from and what size gears to get. 10t brushless at the moment.
Jr servo 3550 or 3650?
JAC2142 rear pink
JAC2125 front purpl
HPI7469 HPI Saleen S7R 200mm & PFM140722 Peugeot 1/10th GTP
2 x trakpower 4900 lipo plus adapters to fit my charger and balancing plugs

I will initiually just test with my Velineon brushless and ESC while I get a handle of this car and than purchase a Novak setup. ESC will be set to training mode and will not have the full power this monster has.

Any other suggestion on spending my money while I wait for the kit?

Oh and thanks to everyone who has jumped in and answered some of my questions, made suggestions.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by daleepp
G'morning Guys;

I need a little favour from one of you guys that has a GenX-10 in your posession. Could you please give me an outside width measurement across the front tires and rear tires. (in millimeters would probably be best) I'm assuming the wheelbase is approx 257 mm. Please confirm that dimension as well.
With rc4less foams mounted

F- 193mm on the "middle" setting, 2shims on the axle
R- 199mm with the 2 incldued axle shims on each side

My caliper isn't big enough for wheelbase.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by espresso1967
Well as most of you have seen, lots of questions from me and tons of post every where doing my home work on 1/10 pan car. So as I wait for the second wave of Gen X 10 cars on the 27th, here is what I have on my list to buy in the coming day/s and wondering if I am missing anything to get up and running? I do have tools, charger no board/tweak station, height gauges, droop tools at the moment but keeping an eye on the for sale section for a reduced price on these items.

spur/gears not sure who to buy from and what size gears to get. 10t brushless at the moment.
Jr servo 3550 or 3650?
JAC2142 rear pink
JAC2125 front purpl
HPI7469 HPI Saleen S7R 200mm & PFM140722 Peugeot 1/10th GTP
2 x trakpower 4900 lipo plus adapters to fit my charger and balancing plugs

I will initiually just test with my Velineon brushless and ESC while I get a handle of this car and than purchase a Novak setup. ESC will be set to training mode and will not have the full power this monster has.

Any other suggestion on spending my money while I wait for the kit?

Oh and thanks to everyone who has jumped in and answered some of my questions, made suggestions.
HPI7469 HPI Saleen S7R 200mm
I run this body and there is not enough down force with the 10.5BL I have run a 13.5 also with it is still very fast but it needs a lot more down force
PFM140722 Peugeot 1/10th GTP
A lot of guy use this but it is a 235wide body you will need the wide kit to run it or your wheels will be to far under the body

I have on order the parma lola body now to try it out

-=light=-
Old 05-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

Default measurements

MikeXray;

Thanks for the info Mike. Much appreciated.

If anyone could still post the wheelbase length for me -that would be great!

Dale - Protoform
Attached Thumbnails CRC 1/10 Pan Car-officespace_lumbergh.jpg  
Old 05-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm getting 260mm length.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ZipZap
I'm getting 260mm length.
Is that with the front set to the middle?
Old 05-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

For weighted battery plates try this guy, he's making and selling them on this forum.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ight=LIPO+TRAY
Old 05-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

After just finishing the build on the first 10X to show up in our area, I'm pleased to report that the CRC crew continues to improve their product. Little details like the fitment of the pivot balls and side links, the tolerances of the tie rod ends,......all these subtle little details keep getting better and better as CRC continues to improve and develop their cars. This latest offering went together like a dream and aside from sizing the holes in the upper front control arms so they swing freely on the pivot pins,........everything else went together flawlessly. Great job to Frank and his merry band of associates. This was a truly satisfying (and very easy) build.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey i am the one who makes the lipo trays for the type r. i have a question is this chassis the same thickness as the type r. The type r is 2.75mm.
o and my lipo tray weighs 6 ounces so you need to add any weight.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by daleepp
G'morning Guys;

I need a little favour from one of you guys that has a GenX-10 in your posession. Could you please give me an outside width measurement across the front tires and rear tires. (in millimeters would probably be best) I'm assuming the wheelbase is approx 257 mm. Please confirm that dimension as well.
Stock with GRP wheels (built as the manual says)

F - 195mm
R - 200mm
WB - 260mm

Front wheels can be moved around alittle bit (forward and backwards about 4mm each way), and can be moved in or out by about 3mm.

I am currently running my car at:

F - 215mm Optional Wide Front End kit Inner Holes
R - 225mm Prototype Optional Wide Kit
WB - 264 Used the forward holes on the front end.

Body - Protoform 905B

Would love to see a "Daytona Prototype" body made, either narrow or wide.

Shawn.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iixliltonyx33
hey i am the one who makes the lipo trays for the type r. i have a question is this chassis the same thickness as the type r. The type r is 2.75mm.
o and my lipo tray weighs 6 ounces so you need to add any weight.
mine is 2.5mm thick

-=light=-
Old 05-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Tech Addict

Just acouple of quick thoughts about this car after running this car with limited success in the last couple of weeks.

1) Replace the diff balls, with Carbide, or ceramic. The ones in the kit seemed soft, and flat spotted really easily. Made for a bad diff. Sanded down the rings, put in some good carbide balls, now its smooth as silk.

2) Replace the plastic links going to the rear pod. After only acoupe of runs I noticed the car was getting what seemed like random rear steer. Sure enough, the pod was moving around. I have put a piece of plastic bag between the plastic link, and the aluminum ball studs as a temperary fix. But switching to a better quality link will be better.

3) Aero - Body selection is everything. I tried the HPi Lotus body, and the car drove like a 2WD touring car. Not enough downforce to keep the car stuck on a high speed sweeper. Changed to a GTP body, and the problem has disappeared.

4) Rear Spring - if you are running alot of power, stiffen the rear spring, I have noticed that my car bottoms out on acceleration, causing wear on the chassis at the front of the rear pod.

5) Front Springs - we run a sticky asphault with a big sweeper, traction rolling has been a problem for some cars. Switching to a green front spring has made a big difference for some drivers.

Other than that its been a great car. i am going to be getting rid of the extra lead in the car and making a stainless steel plate for the battery tray like Hobbipro has. Much cleaner installation for the extra weight.

Cheers,
Shawn.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:58 AM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Man I'm getting tired of waiting for this car... Has anyone else in the Midwest received a kit from their hobbyshop through Horizon?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.