Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Now does anyone know if I can use my Hyperion 606i charger to charge/balance the trak power?
Here is a link if it helps.
http://www.maxamps.com/EOS0606i-AC-DC.htm

Thanks
Old 05-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by espresso1967
Now does anyone know if I can use my Hyperion 606i charger to charge/balance the trak power?
Here is a link if it helps.
http://www.maxamps.com/EOS0606i-AC-DC.htm

Thanks
The charger will handle 6 cells, so the only consideration is connectors. The TrakPowers come with no plugs or harness, so you will need to buy or make one. If you want to buy, you'll need one of these to hook to the battery:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/12577

and one of these to adapt the Thunder Power plug to the Hyperion:

http://www.maxamps.com/TP2S-HYP-Adapter.htm

If it were me, I'd just get a couple of 4mm bullet connectors, a 2mm bullet connector, a Hyperion style connector and some wire.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

This is my almost ready GenX 10.
Attached Thumbnails CRC 1/10 Pan Car-genx10.jpg  
Old 05-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jerry P
This is my almost ready GenX 10.
Looking good! Can't wait to get my Gen X 10. What is your setup? What tires/rims you have on it now? Are you going to be running on asphalt or carpet?
Old 05-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ZipZap
The charger will handle 6 cells, so the only consideration is connectors. The TrakPowers come with no plugs or harness, so you will need to buy or make one. If you want to buy, you'll need one of these to hook to the battery:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/12577

and one of these to adapt the Thunder Power plug to the Hyperion:

http://www.maxamps.com/TP2S-HYP-Adapter.htm

If it were me, I'd just get a couple of 4mm bullet connectors, a 2mm bullet connector, a Hyperion style connector and some wire.
Thanks for your info
Old 05-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Looking good! Can't wait to get my Gen X 10. What is your setup? What tires/rims you have on it now? Are you going to be running on asphalt or carpet?

Right now it's box stock with RC4Less pink's all around. I'm going to run it on indoor asphalt for the summer and then carpet in the winter. The track where i race has asphalt under the carpet and we switched to asphalt a few weeks ago. I'll hopefully run it friday night. I'm starting out with an lrp sphere 2007, futaba 9650 servo, speed passion 13.5 bl and 4 cell 4600 packs.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Can someone get me the height on the Novak GTB I have the footprint of 29.5mm x 37.8mm but no height. The Velineon VXL 3s has a foot print of 39mmW x 55mmD x 33mmH. The Velineon appears to have a bigger footprint and weight as well. GTB is 38.5g while the Velineon is 90g. Now with a lipo I sure could use the extra weight and will see how this works out. Just need height on gtp or if anyone can tell me if 39mmH of the velineon will be a problem with this kit.

I just had an idea and wanted to see if this would work as a temporary setup until I get more funds to get a proper set. I have a new Traxxas Rustler VXL with the Velineon brushless motor and esc. Can I run this in this kit with 4 cell? I may be able to order the kit next week and can probably get it up and running with the below. If this works, it would give me time to practive my driving skils and can invest in other things in the mean time while this class takes off here in L.A. what to you guys think?

Velineon 3500 Specifications:
Type.............................................. .............................................Senso rless brushless
RPM/volt.............................................. ................................................ 3500 (10-turn)
Magnet type.....................Ultra High-Temperature Sintered Neodymium
Connection type.............................................. TRX 3.5mm bullet connectors
Wire size.............................................. ...............................12-gauge Maxx® Cable
Current Ratings........................................... ... 65A constant; 100A peak/burst
Max RPM............................................... .................................................. ............. 50,000
Diameter.......................................... ................................. 36mm (1.42”) (540 size)
Length............................................ .................................................. ... 55mm (2.165”)
Weight............................................ .................................................. ......262g (9.24oz)

VXL 3s ESC

Specifications:
Input voltage........................................... ............ 4.8 - 11.1V (4 - 9 cells NiMH or 2S - 3S LiPo)
Supported motors............................................ .. Brushed / Brushless / Sensorless brushless
Motor limit............................................. .................................................. ..........................................None
Continuous current........................................... .................................................. ...........................200A
Peak current........................................... .................................................. ................................. 320A
BEC voltage........................................... .................................................. .....................................6.0V DC
Transistor type.............................................. .................................................. ........................... MOSFET
On-resistance........................................ .......................................... 0.00075 Ω Max (0.006/8 FETs)
PWM frequency......................................... .................................................. ............................12,000Hz
Battery connector......................................... .......................... Traxxas High-Current Connector
Motor connectors........................................ .................................TRX 3.5mm bullet connectors
Motor/battery wiring............................................ ....................................12-gauge Maxx® Cable
Thermal protection........................................ .................................... 2-stage thermal shutdown
Case size (l/w/h)................................................ ... 55mm (2.19”)/ 39mm (1.54”)/ 33mm (1.3”)
Weight............................................ .................................................. .................................... 90g (3.17oz)

Velineow Manual
http://www.traxxas.com/products/acce...500_070706.pdf

VXL ESC
http://www.traxxas.com/products/acce...NST_070706.pdf
Old 05-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jerry P
Right now it's box stock with RC4Less pink's all around. I'm going to run it on indoor asphalt for the summer and then carpet in the winter. The track where i race has asphalt under the carpet and we switched to asphalt a few weeks ago. I'll hopefully run it friday night. I'm starting out with an lrp sphere 2007, futaba 9650 servo, speed passion 13.5 bl and 4 cell 4600 packs.
Get some video of it, not seeing many videos of this kit yet.

Thanks for the info as well
Old 05-20-2008, 06:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Can someone get me the height on the Novak GTB I have the footprint of 29.5mm x 37.8mm but no height. The Velineon VXL 3s has a foot print of 39mmW x 55mmD x 33mmH. The Velineon appears to have a bigger footprint and weight as well. GTB is 38.5g while the Velineon is 90g. Now with a lipo I sure could use the extra weight and will see how this works out. Just need height on gtp or if anyone can tell me if 39mmH of the velineon will be a problem with this kit.
The Novak is approx 34mm in height. I measured from the chassis to my body (which is a wide body 905B), and there is 40mm of room from the chassis to the body. Your mileage will vary depending on your body style, body mounting height, and location of your speed control. If I get some time tonight I will mount a clear body and take acouple of photos for you.

Shawn.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

My chassis, with a 2s LiPo and nobody weighs in at 1008g. The rear is out of balance by about 20g at the tire, which will turn into about 40g on the chassis. So, I will need to add some weight for balance, as well as to meet likely minimums.

What are folks doing about adding weight? On the battery? On the chassis? Any pics of a balanced car?
Old 05-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ZipZap
My chassis, with a 2s LiPo and nobody weighs in at 1008g. The rear is out of balance by about 20g at the tire, which will turn into about 40g on the chassis. So, I will need to add some weight for balance, as well as to meet likely minimums.

What are folks doing about adding weight? On the battery? On the chassis? Any pics of a balanced car?

Yeah I was about the same, had to add lead to the main chasis towards the rear, then I started adding weight to the front to help keep the front/rear weight bias. I am running my car at 1250 right now. Its a minimum weight our club decided to use to make it alittle fairer for the nimh guys. The car worked well without it.

Dont mind the grass. The car went for a wipeout.

Shawn
Old 05-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I use a Losi Type-R stainless steel battery plate. It weights about 5.5ozs, and brings my orion 3200 lipo up to the 11oz range, total car weight 1180g. You can get the plates off of this site, just go to the Losi Type-R thread and search there. As for side to side balancing, I just put some lead on the opposite side of my GTB with the RX to help balance out the orange monster. I only have one scale so I try to weigh things before putting them on the chassis to see what kind of balancing will need to be done, not perfect, but gets it in the ballpark.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

I hate painting and cutting bodies but i want to test the car out on friday so i had to this myself. It still needs a little triming so i'll hit it with the dremel a bit. Being that i cant paint i hit with a single color rattle can.
Attached Thumbnails CRC 1/10 Pan Car-lambo1.jpg   CRC 1/10 Pan Car-lambo2.jpg  
Old 05-21-2008, 06:47 AM
Tech Addict

Default GenX-10 Dimensions

G'morning Guys;

I need a little favour from one of you guys that has a GenX-10 in your posession. Could you please give me an outside width measurement across the front tires and rear tires. (in millimeters would probably be best) I'm assuming the wheelbase is approx 257 mm. Please confirm that dimension as well.

Incidentally - when I was at the Nurnburg Toy Fair in Germany last Feb - I was spending most of my time at the Hoeco RC Distributors display. They are and Austrian distributor for CRC as well as Proline/Protoform, Novak, Jaco etc etc. During the 3 days there I couln't help but notice that the CRC GenX-10 recieved more attention than any one product on display. The reason this is noteworthy is the fact that all these european enthusiasts tend to lean toward "hi tech" and exotic type things. They sure showed a lot of excitement about a racecar that's a pan car - and a beautifull one at that.

It sure looked like a good omen for the future of the 200mm pan car class impo. Great job on the car Frank!

Dale Epp - Protoform Race Bodies
Old 05-21-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Dale, I will try to get you the measurements this evening.

I just purchased the C6R body and it worked well on the outdoor track with a 19t.
However I'm looking forward to a GTP body so that I can race on the bigger Hamilton track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.