Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

How do you mount a throttle return spring on a 1/8 scale car. Thanks for any help you can give.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

I think J. jinxed me when he called the race the Sweat Out. The 110+ temperatures made the week close to the borderline of miserable..and to top it all off, our 45 minute expert gas truck main event was in the heat of the day on Sunday!

That said..I finished up 3rd in Gas Truck, 3rd in the B-Main of Mod Truck, and I won the C Main of Mod 2wd. Losi vehicles brought home the gold in every class this weekend, and Trinity power topped each of the Expert and Mod classes.

cmain - The best I've seen is to wrap a strong rubber band around the carb, so it will pull the carb shut. You may want to look into a failsafe device.

As the comm gets smaller, power goes up, but efficiency goes down. You can narrow the brushes using the Trinity Brush Factory 2 to reduce brush wrap as the comm gets smaller.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Nice showing at the shootout! After looking at the pics of the winners, I realized you were the kid giving me crap about putting sunscreen on in the parking lot on Sat. afternoon while I dropped by to visit some friends....

Quick question for ya. I race at SoCal but am moving closer to HotRod's. I've never done nitro before and this is what I'm considering...

Drake XXX-NT
Alum pivot blocks
Dace brace for rear shock tower
The new Peak Diablo .12

Would this be a good set-up to hang at HotRod's with...oh yeah I forgot to add..

Sunscreen!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

Hey Aaron, whats up. Good job in Gas......and man i tell ya, i dont know how you guyz surived that main....the heat was killing me while i was sitting in the car with the a/c on full blast lol. Good to see Losi win everything.....go Losi!!
Old 07-13-2004, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

James - I don't know how we did it either..probably had to do with the three gallons of water and Gatorade I drank throughout the day to get ready for it. Once the race started, I didn't even notice the heat. Most of us had water bottles up there to drink during pit stops too. My feet were KILLING me after 45 minutes!

nutfluff - Haha..you should have seen how much sunscreen I put on over the course of the week..and I'm still fried!

I use the BD Parts brace on my rear shock tower, but the Dace one looks cooler. Actually..with the newest run of rear shock towers, you shouldn't need a brace at all. The newest towers are made differently and they should be much stronger.

I would get the Orion side-exhaust Wasp instead, and snag an O.S. carb with a Lunsford carb adapter. The Peak motor is a little down on power compared to the Picco (Orion), and if you ever make the trip down the road to Sun Valley Speedway in the Burbank area..you'll need the extra power! Piccos are also very easy to drive and tune, and have been proven over the years, while the Peak motors are new.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Can I have your autograph?
Old 07-13-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Aaron.

Which OS carb? Also, I've heard about the battery box being a weak point...anything to do about this?
Old 07-13-2004, 09:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by nutfluff
Thanks Aaron.

Which OS carb? Also, I've heard about the battery box being a weak point...anything to do about this?
You want the OS 10E-R carb for gas truck.

Dace makes a battery box brace along with their shock tower brace. Both are very nice pieces and do their job well.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Jeff - As long as your pen doesn't zap me.

nutfluff - Jeff got it right..the E-R is the best one.

The battery box really isn't "weak", it's just in an area that takes a lot of abuse. When jumping, use the brake in the air to bring the front end of the truck down for a level landing (throttle will raise the front end). Landing on the rear end of the truck can break the box.

That said..I've only broken two battery boxes since the truck came out more than four years ago.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

Do you know who custom paints Ryan Cavalieris body?
Old 07-13-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Renblast Graphics. Their website is www.renblastgraphics.com but the server is down right now.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

by chance, do you have their email address?

Thank You
Old 07-13-2004, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

I'm sorry..but I don't know of any way to contact them.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Default Front tires

AW

Congrats at hotrods, Seeing your name more and more at the big races, keep up the good work.

Proline edge tires, which is the best way to mount them?? as far as the should the triple edge be on the inside or outside? If that doesnt make sense maybe this will sould the double double edge be on the inside or out. Hope you undrstand what im saying.

THanks
dave mac
Old 07-13-2004, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Okay Aaron- last question-for now...

What should the needle settings on this OS carb be for break in with the WASP?

L8

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.