Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Things you can do when you're 18....
-smoke (YUK!)
-drive after cerfew with friends
-sign your own late passes
-Be Drafted....
Old 06-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

I didn't realize this many people read my thread! Thanks to everyone!

mafia - Trickle is bad. The best way to charge Ni-MH packs is to time the charge correctly so that it finishes charging just in time to take your car to the starting line. I wouldn't recommend trickle for Ni-CD packs either..once it peaks, the charger should shut off.

I have a race this weekend, so I don't really get to celebrate my birthday until next week. I'm going to spend a couple hours with my girlfriend today, and then I will do all the family stuff when we get home Monday.

True R/C - I live within an hour of Mexico..haha!
Old 06-04-2004, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Aaron Waldron
WHat You expect, Your the HotSh*T now in days in offroad
Old 06-04-2004, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Aaron Waldron
yea right... LOL Now get off your butt and get to Mod Nats.. you off road guru, you...

Old 06-04-2004, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Don't get me wrong....I know trickle is bad for NiMH batteries. I'm just saying that there is an automatic "post-charge" trickle fuction available. I turned it off though.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Aaron, Congrats on the b-day. I do have a real question. My home town just opened a new track and the surface is wierd. it is almost red clay and has lots of big flat rocks. the traction is great. almost to much. My problem is tire wear. fuzzies or ifmar pins are toast in like three runs. even bowties go fast. is there a camber link option or tire compound that you would recommend. t-bones in silver maybe or sprints? I have a t4 and yok bc.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

STU- firmer foams will help. stock foams (can) allow excessive sidewall roll and deflation under racing condition. On your next set of tires, put a firmer foam into your tires and try that.

Thanks Aaron.
Old 06-05-2004, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

Sry to hear ya have to wait till next week to celebrate your b-day, but at least you getta race though!!!

And now would you happen to know if it's normal for the bullcup screw to snap on the rear shock tower because i was in my backyard, and i landed and it just snapped, and the i got new shock tower did same thing... and no i'm not landing akward on the landing nor am i bottoming out to land hard enough to do so.... this is sorta starting to get to me... any help????
Old 06-06-2004, 03:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Default thanks

Hey my son and I just got back from the Hemet track. Thanks for the info. Great track, will definitely be there often. Hopefully be able to make it to a race soon. Thanks again.... Kirk Ford
Old 06-07-2004, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

Whats up Aaron! I heard you were right in the mix at the maxx challenge with my homies. Props. Remember last year! Oh man.
From what I heard it was the last turn yet again. Hope to see you out at Shorter R/C Raceway this weekend.
Old 06-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

True R/C - I may be on my way up, but I'm a long way from the top..thanks for the props :-)

Dawn - It's not like the Grid, this one isn't here for entertainment purposes! haha. I won't be at the Mod Nats, I have finals this week, and family is coming from all over the U.S. for graduation on Tuesday.

mafia - That's best for your batteries.

stu - Firmer foams will help stop the tire from folding but will more than likely accelerate tire wear. Losi's new tire, the King Pin, should be really good, and the pins are designed to hold up better; you'll have to give them a try.

Some tracks are just abrasive, and chew up tires. There really isn't much you can do to make the tire last longer by changing your setup, other than make sure you're not spinning the tires by mashing the throttle. If the tires seem to be wearing in one spot more than others (particularly on the inside or outside of the tire), adjust camber to get them to wear evenly..but that's about all you can do.

Josh - What car are you driving, and what ballstuds are you using? Losi's new Ti short-neck ballstuds will be the strongest things out there. They shouldn't break, unless something is bent and binding the suspension, causing it to put the camber link in a weird angle when the chassis hits the ground.

kford - I didn't get a chance to see you there? I met so many new people this weekend, it was a blast. Did you get a chance to watch any of the races? Saturday and Sunday were a blast, we woke up at 5 AM both days to make it to the track..definitely a crazy couple of days!

The next biggie at Hemet is the R/C Pro Series race, later this month (you can get the flyer at www.thedirtracing.com)

notch - Last year was stressful, this year has been going much better! haha. Can't wait to get out to Shorter R/C, that's the best thing that could ever have happened to that place!
Old 06-07-2004, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Aaron, the king pins look dialed. I should run silvers in a harsh condition right. And for foams what do you recommed? I usually use Racer's edge firms.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

I usually only run Reds anywhere we go..they're very consistent, and give good traction. They might hold up longer as well in certain conditions..spinning and sliding wears out tires.

I would try stock foam for starters, but Pro-Line two-stage would be a better choice if the track is high speed.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey aaron, I heard you held off Tebo for 11 minutes at the saturday series, good job! Movin on uuuuup. I might see you at the RCpro at hemet!

Ryan
Old 06-08-2004, 08:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey Aaron . Yeah we missed you last saturday. Sunday we went to hemet to try it out. Pretty cool. I will not be able to make the pro race later this month. I have to work a movie premier in hollywood. Congradulations on graduating high school. Hopefully we will get a chance to meet this summer. Would like you to meet my son and maybe give him some pointers. We are both new to the sport and I really want him to start racing. He is really undecided about what he should race. Right now he has a nitro. So hopefully we will run into you sometime at the track. Thanks again for giving people like me to talk to someone who knows whats up... Later and good luck at the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.