Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

ok with the ustc championships coming up i am haveing a hard time finding a setup that works for me. i am runnin a 13.5 stock rubber class on a high bite ozite. any help would be appreciated!
Old 12-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is what i have so far from playing around with rubber, it is not perfect but should be a decent starting point, i'm pretty happy with it.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-jrxs-type-r-rubber-360-12-07.gif  
Old 12-27-2007, 03:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Giorgio
I was a good boy and a little early Santa, bring me the type R.

So I'm leaving my Cyclone to the Losi.

Some one will to help with the "Do and Don't Do"?

Racing mod, BL 4.5 or similar "hot" brushed.

Thanks in advance!
Ciao Giorgio.
Benvenuto nel Team Losi.
Se la cosa può interessarti, se non lo sai già, trovi anche il forum Automodelli.it (in italiano) dove si parla tra le altre anche della Losi JRXS -R.
Scusa l'intromissione ma non ho resistito quando ho visto un'utente Italiano.
Ciao Ciao
Old 12-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Andrew Gray, I notice you are more experince and expert knowledge about losi stuffs like this.

I ask you, one question, If i purchased the losi jrxs type r. so I can drive it on parking lot?
Old 12-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
This is what i have so far from playing around with rubber, it is not perfect but should be a decent starting point, i'm pretty happy with it.
Wow!!!

I just came back from the track. I was looking at Mike's setup and couldn't beleive he could have enough steering with 20/15 springs and a front sway bar... (I was running 17.5/15 no sway bar) My car was super smooth but not agressive/responsive enough to pass others in tigh turns.

I swiched from Jr links to STD links. The car had now so much sterring!!! the rear end was now loose wich never happen with my TypeR. So I went to stiffer front springs (20) and the .040 front swaybar. I also drop my dual rate. I manage to beat my best time by .2

The car is super fast but a little on the edge. Mike what should I do get a little more rear traction?

My setup is similar to your but I have .060 shims every where (roll center), .165 hex all around and the rear shock are in pos 2/outside.

When you say anti squat, is it like this??? (Front) _----\ (rear).

Thanks.

Jon
Old 12-28-2007, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
what gearing are u using?
Old 12-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J@UNE
Wow!!!

I just came back from the track. I was looking at Mike's setup and couldn't beleive he could have enough steering with 20/15 springs and a front sway bar... (I was running 17.5/15 no sway bar) My car was super smooth but not agressive/responsive enough to pass others in tigh turns.
I personally know Mike and I know he TQ's at the track he races at. Mike is one of the best drivers around and knows the Type R inside out and backwards. He can look at it or just hear it and tell you what is wrong.

Since I bought my car Mike has helped me setup my car and I do okay for my age (58). I just wish I was as young as him so I could give him a run for his money. (Just joking Mike)
Old 12-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

J@UNE- I have the regular link on the front of my car...the sheet should have shown that...the rear hinge pin is low with the small blocks raised by a shim and the wide block flat on the chassis.(This will help it turn in)

I would widen the back to the .195 hex to make it a bit more stable, and you could also try putting the rear diff low. See how that works, my car is a tick pushy on the high bite i'm testing on, i could see it being looser on low bite. Today i moved the bar to the back and stood the front shock up to the outermost hole on the tower and that overall freed the car up, not sure how much bite your track has?

JRR i had a 128/33 for co27/komodo on a good size carpet track (90 ft straight tight infield)

lidebt Jus keep practicing, it will pay off buddy...thx for the props
Old 12-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

I guess my post wasn't clear. I realised that your setup was working after moving to the std links.

Thanks a bunch for the tips, I will test that!!! There is a big difference between the front high roll and rear low roll arm position... isn't it too much?
Old 12-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

When we ran on blacktop this summer i went to high up front to stop it from pushing, this seems to work well on carpet also...it seems to keep the front flatter and makes it steer. Interestingly today i took the front bar off and picked up more of a push, my car was just adding body roll and not steering more, it seemed better with the front shocks up a hole on the tower, and the bar in the back to keep the rear from being so lazy.

I would say it isn't too much of a difference as long as it feels good, back on the mid motor car we ran high pins plus a bunch of shims up front and regular low in the back.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Tech Addict

Awesome thanks Mike!!
Old 12-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just ran my Type R for the first time today and it was awesome! I set TQ with a new track record and went on to win the main as well. However in practice I managed to absolutely shatter both my thrust bearings. I literally turned them both to sand. Has this happened to anybody before?
Old 12-29-2007, 08:53 AM
Tech Addict

It happened to me too. I'm now using the Axiom trust... Never had to look at it since...
Old 12-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

i have a question im sure was asked before as well.

next week here i will be going brushless.im going to be using the lrp sphere tc with a novak ss 13.5 motor.and it says in the book to mount the esc on the right side of chassi.im using the smallest spektrum rx.

will i also have to add weight to the left side with using the sphere on the right side?

i have seen pics of some cars having weight there and some cars dont.

lmk guys that are running them...thx
Old 12-29-2007, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I would still mount it on the left side. The servo sits towards the right and with the weight of the receiver on the right side it should keep the car fairly balanced. I would take that fan and heatsink off that sphere TC and stand it up on it's side. The fan and heatsink aren't really necessary, unless you're running a low wind modified outside. Your speedo shouldn't get very warm at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.