Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My Bad,
I am looking for info to do with the TC5 on carpet with 19t and foam tire.
Thanks
Old 11-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

155 pages and over 4500 posts is a lot to read so this is why I am posting this question, how is the TC5 on carpet? I have heard that there is a lot of chassis flex and this car is more of an asphalt car then a carpet car. Anyone wanna chime in and help me make my choice in a new TC a lil bit easier. Any and all info would be appreciated.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 139 (97%+)

well
im not the greatest driver in my area but some of the local fast guys drive my stuff and really like the car and the price point on parts is very nice
many guys in the area are switching to this car and are loving it
anything I can help you out with let me know

on our track
double pinks all around and some are running db pink/orange on front and db pink on rear

Last edited by twistedone; 11-19-2007 at 10:11 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jsaves
My Bad,
I am looking for info to do with the TC5 on carpet with 19t and foam tire.
Thanks
Originally Posted by Sean Powers
155 pages and over 4500 posts is a lot to read so this is why I am posting this question, how is the TC5 on carpet? I have heard that there is a lot of chassis flex and this car is more of an asphalt car then a carpet car. Anyone wanna chime in and help me make my choice in a new TC a lil bit easier. Any and all info would be appreciated.
Having owned both a T2 and T2 '007 last season I was skeptical when I decided to buy a TC5 this year and continue racing TC alongside my 1/12 scale. All I have to say is that I am very impressed. The fit/finish and parts quality still isn't quite Xray quality, but what matters is how it handles on the track.

I race 19T foam at our club and I have been more impressed with this car than either of my old Xrays. The car has an amazing amount of steering and the only handling issue I have had thus far is a slightly loose rear end last week (some racers prefer this but I like a tight car). It was only on-power coming out of a sweeper and it was very controllable (I think I will add 0.5 degrees of rear toe). My best lap was almost a half second faster than the rest of the field and I know it will get faster with more tweaking.

I just installed the aluminum outdrives as I did have a problem with the D-rings twisting on the plastic outdrives, but that may have been due to my diffs being slightly loose.

Long story short, this car has impressed me especially since I vowed to never buy another Associated product since I owned a TC4. You will be happy with this car, but that doesn't mean you won't be happy with a T2 '008, MI3, S400, RDX, or any other TC on the market. The only difference is you can get the TC5 and all the spare parts, tuning springs, etc you need for the same price as the "other brands" kits alone.
-Kane
Old 11-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello. I wonder wich is the size of the spool screws?

I´ve lost them.

Thank you
Old 11-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Man this car is sweet on carpet there have been some coplaints of the arms and other plastic parts being to soft but thats minimal....This car is durable and will not fall apart when hitting a rail or trying to cut inside in a corner. For the price and parts avalibility its great......Thanks AE for a great car...
Old 11-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

this car is amazing on carpet i'm running basically the stock setup and i love the way my car handles. for parts support, price, and all around great handling in both asphalt and carpet, this is the car to buy
Old 11-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cochecito
Hello. I wonder wich is the size of the spool screws?

I´ve lost them.

Thank you
ASC31510 - M2x0.4x4
Old 11-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The chassis is plenty stiff. The plastic is not. That being said, it is still a really good car. I think the car is hurt most by soft caster blocks, but TC3/4 blocks can be easily reamed out for TC5 hinge pins.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:55 PM
Tech Adept

I dont know why AE not release stiff parts for TC5
Old 11-21-2007, 12:32 AM
Tech Addict

AE are stuck between a rock and a hard place, they either release softer more resilient parts that don't break, then people complain that they are too soft, or they release nice hard graphite parts, then people complain that they break too easy!!
Old 11-21-2007, 12:49 AM
Tech Adept

Both soft and hard parts are almost common for big brand
Old 11-21-2007, 06:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i got some team tamale c-hubs and he will be making some steering blocks and some rear hubs soon

right now i have some of team tamale steering blocks that he made for the xray 007 and they are working for me i have only broken a rear hub in the last two weekends of racing

so just keep an eye out for team tamale for when he is done with his new batch and get you some

c-hubs he makes are 4,6,8 degree and he is planning on some steering blocks and some rear hubs

www.teamtamale.com
Old 11-21-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Hey Guys,
Thanks for all the feed back.
Are you guys running what is box set up for carpet?
Old 11-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jsaves
Hey Guys,
Thanks for all the feed back.
Are you guys running what is box set up for carpet?
http://www.teamassociated.com/racerh...wbird_2007.pdf

I tried this for an initial set-up and have been happy with it. I have been using Dpink/Dpinkorange and will be adding another 0.5 degrees of rear toe-in (I race 19T).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.