Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 01:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gusi
Cobra, have you read the previous post from Irgo about the issue? And do you remember we talked about reintroducing the delay some weeks ago?

Don't tell me that I need to use forward/reverse with brake, because obviously I'm using it. There are two BUGS in the software related to reverse, and if you can't detect it, then you must pass this issue to Michael or any technician. The bugs are:

* The motor rotation is not being monitored by the esc as the instructions say. To check this, run the car fast forward on the track (not on air) and brake two times. Even if the car wheels hasn't stopped in the first brake, the second one enters reverse mode. This makes unusable forward/reverse with brake in normal situations (yes, I use to brake 2 o 3 times when entering a corner, and I don't want to enter reverse accidentaly because my car IS NOT STOPPED YET)

* When running sensorless, there is no way to detect motor rotation. It would be nice to have a delay entering reverse to avoid braking twice and ENTERING REVERSE ACCIDENTALLY. I tried some other brands ESC and behaves this way, and old hobbywing software worked like this before. It was in 2010-09-17 when the delay was eliminated (this can be checked reading the firmware changelist, which says: 2.Optimize the switching of forward and backward)

Is it clear now? Are you going to report this issue to Michael as you promised some weeks ago? Hope we can have this fixed in the next release.

Best regards.
I have spoken to michael when you ask me and today and he says no bug in the software .I will explain it to him again but im sure the answer will be the same .
Old 03-25-2011, 01:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

There might not be a bug per say but it is certanly an issue and for me it have ment removing the reverse unfortunately.

There is definately room for improvment here an i see no reson for not adressing it.

It is unfortunate that you take the approach that it probably are not worth fixing.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:12 AM
Tech Master

As a racer i don't use reverse. Even in practice i don't use it. It makes me more carefull cause i know when i hit something i will have to wait for someone or get the car myself, just like in a race. As a racer i understand that there are maybe more urgent issues to adres then something unpleasant in the reverse function that no racer uses. Maybe it is a big deal for you but imo i think you should just put it in forward and brake and don't make a big deal out of it. We are racers not bashers that need reverse.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm a racer and i probably wouldn't use it for my TC but soon comes summer and 2wd buggy and then it is invaluable to have the option!

It's better to have the option than not would you not agree?

You can just turn it of i you prefer it that way.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
I have spoken to michael when you ask me and today and he says no bug in the software .I will explain it to him again but im sure the answer will be the same .
Thanks Cobra. Looking forward Michael's answer.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:22 AM
Tech Addict

Default V213

Originally Posted by irgo
Angelo, i would like to thank's again for all this time,

and, when is the new Firmware updates ?

hope to see new thing's here,

the V3.0_110213 is excelent!
213 ... Ditto....Brilliant.

Cheers
Ren
Old 03-25-2011, 02:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snabbgas
There might not be a bug per say but it is certanly an issue and for me it have ment removing the reverse unfortunately.

There is definately room for improvment here an i see no reson for not adressing it.

It is unfortunate that you take the approach that it probably are not worth fixing.
Snabbgas i have spoken to michael and i have asked the following from him ....

so far we have 3 running modes

1.Forward only with brakes

2.foward/reverse with brakes

3.forward/reverse

What i have asked michael was to include a 4th running mode option

forward/reverse with brakes (small delay before reverse ) say 4 clicks of the throttle before reverse etc (this way they wont have a problem with it going into reverse after 2 .

second i have asked to include 8 options for brakes on the 508 no timing like the stock and mod versions i am aware it cannot be programmed by the led program card but they will have to upgraqde to the lcd box to do it but atleast the option is there .

so lets see what we can come up with .

I also have some other good news but i need to wait to get some more information before i tell anyone .

regards Angelo
Old 03-25-2011, 02:35 AM
Tech Master

I'm a racer and i probably wouldn't use it for my TC but soon comes summer and 2wd buggy and then it is invaluable to have the option!

It's better to have the option than not would you not agree?

You can just turn it of i you prefer it that way.
I agree with you that it should work different and not wreck the drive train when going in reverse. You can adres the issue but be patient and understanding and it makes for a more pleasent experience then to chop someones head off on a public forum for a a small issue in a function you hardly use. ...Just trying to be polite here
Old 03-25-2011, 02:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Snabbgas i have spoken to michael and i have asked the following from him ....

so far we have 3 running modes

1.Forward only with brakes

2.foward/reverse with brakes

3.forward/reverse

What i have asked michael was to include a 4th running mode option

forward/reverse with brakes (small delay before reverse ) say 4 clicks of the throttle before reverse etc (this way they wont have a problem with it going into reverse after 2 .

second i have asked to include 8 options for brakes on the 508 no timing like the stock and mod versions i am aware it cannot be programmed by the led program card but they will have to upgraqde to the lcd box to do it but atleast the option is there .

so lets see what we can come up with .

I also have some other good news but i need to wait to get some more information before i tell anyone .

regards Angelo
The obvious solution if it is possible would as gusi mentioned be to have the ESC to sense when the motor has stopped and only after that (and some delay for temporary lockouts) allow the motor to go into reverse.

If this was possible then reverse is going back in my buggy (exept for competitions) and i think everybody would happy, bashers to!

I think it would be cumbersome to have to blipp the reverse 4 times to get reverse.

If the news is a new ESC then i am getting exited!!!
Old 03-25-2011, 02:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
I agree with you that it should work different and not wreck the drive train when going in reverse. You can adres the issue but be patient and understanding and it makes for a more pleasent experience then to chop someones head off on a public forum for a a small issue in a function you hardly use. ...Just trying to be polite here
I didn't chop his head of and i hardly use it because of the small issue
Old 03-25-2011, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default 213

where are you guys getting 213 from?
Old 03-25-2011, 02:55 AM
Tech Addict

Default 21.5 SP V3 SETUP

Originally Posted by cuttingedge
Looking for the Best Settings for the HW Extreme Stock ???????

Anyone Got a Good Setup for 21.5 HW Motors Please ?

Thanks

I have tried most setings up down and back again But I still can't find what seems to be the all singing all dancing settings ..........

I Can't seem to get it to go geared below a FDR of 5.1 !! I have read people run them at closer to 3.5 ??? How do you acheave this without loosing all Punch out of the corners ???

Any Help would be great thanks
The settings below worked so well that it gave him second place in SERCCC summer series. Although they can and have been improved. The new settings i'll post up next week.

Results for Sunday night 26/02/11 at a local track SERCCC (Melbourne Australia) on a flowing track setup. Three speed portions and four tight/hairpins sections. New set up on ESC only.

Car - XRAY T3 2011
FDR - 4.91 (To low for 17.5)(better at 5.5 and up)
MOTOR - SP21.5 V3 SET TO ZERO DEGREE TIMING (Second motor used, first was fried due to incorrect settings)(blame the pit dude (me))
BATTERY USED - YUNTONG 5000 40C
TYRES - MUCHMORE 32 pre mounts.
RADIO - Futaba 2PL
BODY - HPI MAZDA 6
CAR SETUP - Kit standard with a change to droop on rear, more droop.

SETTINGS USED ARE LISTED BELOW ARE THE NEW SETTINGS FROM 26/02/11.

1 = 1
2 = 0%
3 = 3.4V
4 = 9
5 = 100%
6 = 25%
7 = 0%
8 = 6%
9 = 35
10 = 24
11 = ENABLED
12 = 24
13 = 3000
14 = 0.3SEC
15= 750

Results were great acceleration and very good top end. Motor temps stayed around 55 degree. Fastest lap for 21.5 class. Driver (Michael Clark) is only new to this class with 6 rounds at this club and now sitting second overall.

More setups to follow. Hope these setup options will be of help.

Cheers

Ren
Old 03-25-2011, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

The obvious solution if it is possible would as gusi mentioned be to have the ESC to sense when the motor has stopped and only after that (and some delay for temporary lockouts) allow the motor to go into reverse.

If this was possible then reverse is going back in my buggy (exept for competitions) and i think everybody would happy, bashers to!

I think it would be cumbersome to have to blipp the reverse 4 times to get reverse.

If the news is a new ESC then i am getting exited!!!
Yes there is something new coming and an exciting new programming method once i have more info 100% ill let you for sure .
Old 03-25-2011, 02:58 AM
Tech Addict

Default ANGELO....

More photos from our dinner with michael and the chinese famous Mr sihzen
And were is Angelo. Post #3756

Last edited by venom54; 03-25-2011 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Taken from HobbyWing's ESC manual:

When you move the throttle stick from forward zone to backward zone for the first time (The 1st “click”), the ESC begins to brake the motor, the motor speeds down but it is still running, not completely stopped, so the backward action is NOT happened immediately. When the throttle stick is moved to the backward zone again (The 2nd “click”), if the motor speed is slowed down to zero (i.e. stopped), the backward action will happen. The “Double-Click” method can prevent mistakenly reversing action when the brake function is frequently used in steering.
Obviously this is not working now, hope Michael can solve this.

The delay option is compatible with the spinning monitoring, and even it could be a temporally fix. I prefer to click 4 times or wait 5 seconds to enter reverse (because reverse is only used in exceptionally situations) than destroying my drivetrain every time I brake twice.

Thanks a lot Angelo for passing this to Michael. Your help is appreciated. Keep the good job!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.