Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moot
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a setup on a loose track? I need everything from the tires upwards

Here's the track
1st choice would ask a local guy running an xb4 and ask him questions. If not available I would try a Tyler Vik Delta or Tacoma setup with hole shots or impacts all around. See what your locals are running for tires and go from there
Old 08-08-2014, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by joeymdz
1st choice would ask a local guy running an xb4 and ask him questions. If not available I would try a Tyler Vik Delta or Tacoma setup with hole shots or impacts all around. See what your locals are running for tires and go from there
No one local is running an Xray. There isn't really anyone there that is quick or serious. It's mainly kids in rtrs.

So I'm on my own
Old 08-09-2014, 04:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ronisonce
I haven't gone through this whole thread. However I just ran my xb4 for the first time last night and absolutely loved it. My only issue was that one of the pins holding the cvd's in just shot out. I didn't see any sign of it going through the plastic cover. Is this a common occurance and also what parts should I keep on hand for races? Thank you
If you want to save some money, try this trick: Just cut some tin foil from a coca-cola can and insert it between the safety collar. I got this trick from another post, not sure where.

I've ran this on my car for some time now and it seem to work perfectly. Sorry for the picture quality. As you see, I am not one of those going for a clean look under the hood .

Old 08-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Ahh thats a good idea, like a packing to hold the pin in and the cover tight. The pin didn't even go through the cover, it somehow came out.. Was the front left driveshaft pin.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Sounds like you broke the pin. I've noticed under full compression the front drive shaft binds... The spec-r driveshafts should solve that.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ahh thats a good idea, like a packing to hold the pin in and the cover tight. The pin didn't even go through the cover, it somehow came out.. Was the front left driveshaft pin.
the plastic might bend a bit when the pin gets out, and might not leave a mark in the safety collar. maybe the plastic is getting hot or similar.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by seth556
Sounds like you broke the pin. I've noticed under full compression the front drive shaft binds... The spec-r driveshafts should solve that.
Pardon my ignorance, but who makes them? I was so bummed when the pin came out.. I got this buggy to solve my durability issue I was having with the 22-4.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default XB4 2014 Spur Issues

Looking for some help!!

I have a XB4 2014, first batch shipment that we've had spur issues from day 1. I've tried just about everything. We've tried multiple new Xray spurs, both 81 and 78 tooth. Tried multiple, new pinions, Xray, TLR, Robinson.

Today, I had the owner of my LHS (RCE) look at it, and he could not see any mesh issues, motor alignment looked true. So last attempt was to try new xray pionion, new xray spur, very loose slipper. Took out the motor, remounted it, turn down radio trottle to 50%, turn off brakes and ran the xb4 around 15 soft laps around the track. Well, the spur showed some sign that it would still be an issue as it has a few small teeth that looked worn.

Brought it back to the front where the LHS Ownere looked at it, and he no ideas. He suggested I call RC America Monday and see if they have heard of this issue.

There are 2 other guys at my track, that seem to have similar issues. I can't speak for them, but they are also having spur issues, but I can't speak for them on what they have tried, or I don't know how they have their slipper, mesh etc set. Any ideas would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks
Old 08-09-2014, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Is there a place that sells spec-r parts? I feel like shipping from China would take a while.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Is there a place that sells spec-r parts? I feel like shipping from China would take a while.
Superior hobbies sells it.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by miz4
Looking for some help!!

I have a XB4 2014, first batch shipment that we've had spur issues from day 1. I've tried just about everything. We've tried multiple new Xray spurs, both 81 and 78 tooth. Tried multiple, new pinions, Xray, TLR, Robinson.

Today, I had the owner of my LHS (RCE) look at it, and he could not see any mesh issues, motor alignment looked true. So last attempt was to try new xray pionion, new xray spur, very loose slipper. Took out the motor, remounted it, turn down radio trottle to 50%, turn off brakes and ran the xb4 around 15 soft laps around the track. Well, the spur showed some sign that it would still be an issue as it has a few small teeth that looked worn.

Brought it back to the front where the LHS Ownere looked at it, and he no ideas. He suggested I call RC America Monday and see if they have heard of this issue.

There are 2 other guys at my track, that seem to have similar issues. I can't speak for them, but they are also having spur issues, but I can't speak for them on what they have tried, or I don't know how they have their slipper, mesh etc set. Any ideas would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

I have 2 xb4's and 1 xb4/2 and they all have zero spur issues. Call/email RC America. Maybe you have a messed up bulkhead or slipper assembly
Old 08-10-2014, 03:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by joeymdz

where would i find these setups? i cant find anything for loose tracks
Old 08-10-2014, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by miz4
Looking for some help!!

Thanks
I'm guessing here.
Inspect very carefully the way the motor mount is turned on the motor, it has a lip on it and if it is the wrong way its will feel safely secured, but it can move around. refer to the manual for the correct orientation.

I hope this helps
Old 08-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by moot
where would i find these setups? i cant find anything for loose tracks
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/xray/Se...tsXrayXB4.html
Old 08-11-2014, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Guywith center diff probs
it may have too much back n forth movement .

You may need to shim it

Last edited by BDRMBULLY; 08-11-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.