Search
Like Tree4Likes

Xray t4'15

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by thecaptain
Not saying that your wrong, but who are you comparing this to? Xray i thought was either one the most winning chassis for this year or the 2nd most winning chassis. The most winning would be Yokomo if not xray and thats due to volkers amazing talents.
Well just judging by the biggest races. Worlds warm up reedy titc all the ets races and etc. Xray has been off pace. Xray hasnt been winning many races at all. This year and most of last year it has been all Yokomo and Tamiya with a distant 2nd. Xray on the international level hasn't even been in the picture tbh. Not trying to bash the car I'm a xray fan. And have owned every car since the tk o5. But they do have a lot of work to do to get back to the top cuz they are nowhere near that right now atm
Old 07-20-2014, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Ah, well thatd be nice to have a "mi5', or an "awesomatix" car that works well on all surfaces that isnt impossible to tune
Old 07-21-2014, 12:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xrayaustin
Well just judging by the biggest races. Worlds warm up reedy titc all the ets races and etc. Xray has been off pace. Xray hasnt been winning many races at all. This year and most of last year it has been all Yokomo and Tamiya with a distant 2nd. Xray on the international level hasn't even been in the picture tbh. Not trying to bash the car I'm a xray fan. And have owned every car since the tk o5. But they do have a lot of work to do to get back to the top cuz they are nowhere near that right now atm
Sometimes people are looking at R/C racing as they are driven by robots!? If there is no real driver behind the wheel that doesn't mean there is no human operating it. Not only the car earns the credit for winning, people do to. The drivers are not robots they are people and they adapt to different situation differently. When you will see this years A main grid at the world's remember not all drivers are at the same level there also. Yes the differences are very small but they do exist. Volker is a magnificent driver but without his mechanic Umino he wouldn't be there as he is at the moment. He isn't even allowed to touch the car he's driving As Hagberg is doing everything by himself. Also Rheinard has a mechanic this year! So it's false to judge the cars ability ONLY by the performance of the factory drivers.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:48 AM
Tech Addict

i have to disagree, the car is doing well,take a look at red rc and go back through the last 10 pages,with alot of championships worldwide the xray has either won or have been on the podium,they might not be there at the top at major events but there winning everywhere else
Old 07-21-2014, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

All I'm saying is the xray is not where it needs to be. I will say now there will be a complete redesign of the car. If I'm wrong so be it. But I'm pretty confident someone's going to get a I told you so.

and on the topic of me only comparing cars at major international races. Yes there maybe variations in the skill of the top level drivers. Not disagreeing with that. but the problem still stands that whether or not umino makes volklers car the best and thats why he wins, xray isnt going to sit back and accept it forever. Theyre going to have to make changes. Simple as that.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes all major companies are pushing as good as they can no doubt. But no one is at the top forever

I also do think the new T4 will have some interesting updates. They didn't achived the desired effect with the short shocks on their nitro on-road cars so they went back to normal size. I'm sure they will test bigger/longer shocks on T4 to evaluate how this influences the car and if the results are good... who know's. In some conditions the T4 may have a disadvantage because of too low Centre of gravity so the car doesn't generate enough body roll to achive a good grip level. When I look at my friends DB7 2014 and my T4 2014 you could tell by the eye the CoG is much higher on BD7 but it's still fast as hell not just low grip conditiona but also on high grip carpet!

This is my opinion on one aspect of the car.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Are you only counting mod? Xray won all but 1 race in pro stock ETS and the championship, again.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE
Are you only counting mod? Xray won all but 1 race in pro stock ETS and the championship, again.
As well as Hagberg winning round 2 in Mod, think he qualified 2nd in round 1 (being beaten in qualis by Volker by a few tenths over 5mins).

The only difference i saw on the 'factory' Xray's at the Hudy Arena were variations on the ARS system. The rest on the cars were very close to kit.

Hagberg mentioned that ARS would almost certainly be an option on the next kit as well as the T4'14

Skiddins
Old 07-21-2014, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Agreed the T4 14 is a very good car (great for the club racer when you take into account less maintenance compared with some other cars) but there are 17 or so TC on the market of which at least 9 are very good cars.

Most are quality durable cars and all offer better value than Xray apart from possibly the AMX.

Whilst a new and different car would be great I doubt it will happen.

Key is better value IMO, even if the kit price remained the same but the cost of parts were reduced they would boost sales.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frozenpod
Agreed the T4 14 is a very good car (great for the club racer when you take into account less maintenance compared with some other cars) but there are 17 or so TC on the market of which at least 9 are very good cars.

Most are quality durable cars and all offer better value than Xray apart from possibly the AMX.

Whilst a new and different car would be great I doubt it will happen.

Key is better value IMO, even if the kit price remained the same but the cost of parts were reduced they would boost sales.
None of us are clearly buying xray,schumacher, yokomo, timaya, awesomeatix etc... for better value. Your buying it because its a top kit, with well made parts. Which unfortunately costs more than AE, durango, team c etc...
Old 07-21-2014, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

From that list, all (yok, TRF, schu) except AMX provide better value than the Xray.

The AMX although noticeably more expensive does come with extras which when considered provides almost the same value as Xray.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

From that list, all (yok, TRF, schu) except AMX provide better value than the Xray.

The AMX although noticeably more expensive does come with extras which when considered provides almost the same value as Xray.
When I drag the line at the end of the year the biggest expense are tires, traveling costs, hotels, entry fees. So when I speak for myself it doesn't even matter if the kit costs few bucks more it's just a marginal amount compared to everything else. And if you look how many people are driving Xray the price doesn't hurt them that much.There really is a huge amount of chassis to choose from but Xray is still one of the favorites so obviously they are doing something right.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...p%20in%20Italy
Old 07-22-2014, 01:45 AM
Tech Elite

... but there are 17 or so TC on the market of which at least 9 are very good cars.
Can't think of 9 that are good cars.

Most are quality durable cars and all offer better value than Xray....
I disagree, only a few are quality and none seem to have the durability.

If everyone thought they seemed such a bargain it would be a no brainer, they would be buying them instead of Xray.

P.S. the Team C really is an Xray copy, but with a Yokomo copied layshaft mount etc. (parts are interchangable and look identical)
Old 07-22-2014, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Can't think of 9 that are good cars.
I think it depends on the definition of "good" Taking a stab:
ARC
Awesomatix
Schumacher
Serpent
Tamiya
TC6.2
VBC
Xray
Yokomo

There's 9.

-Mike
Old 07-22-2014, 12:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by grippgoat
I think it depends on the definition of "good" Taking a stab:
ARC
Awesomatix
Schumacher
Serpent
Tamiya
TC6.2
VBC
Xray
Yokomo

There's 9.

-Mike
Here you can find even more: http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp/sheet.php

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.