Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree14Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

For those running blinky brushless 21.5, what ESC's are you running? Looking at LRP Zero or LRP SXXSSv2. Is the LRP SXXSSv2 overkill? Plus, I could save around $80.00.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Markus
I just switched to the x1 long top deck this past weekend. We had a 100+ entries for a Sweep Challenge Race.
High grip ozite carpet on a raised sub floor. lots of foam cars laying down more traction (1/12 stock and boosted, wgt).
I usually run the stock X1 bottom plate and the stock split top deck, all four post but this weekend my car felt indirect and was traction rolling with barely half the front tires sauced.
For this past weekend I ran the x1 long top deck and noticed some slight changes in the car.
Mainly for me, the switch made the car feel more direct and planted. Before the top deck my car always felt a little lofty/wander-y (not stuck down into the track) and definitely a bit rubbery in the turns.
I was able to add a wider area of traction compound to the front tires without traction rolling *Bonus* with the wider compound application, the car steered into the turns better with no fear of rolling or flipping.

For this day, it allowed me to drive the car harder.
You think the long top deck is good for "The C" or split top deck is the way to go?
Old 01-28-2012, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apex
For those running blinky brushless 21.5, what ESC's are you running? Looking at LRP Zero or LRP SXXSSv2. Is the LRP SXXSSv2 overkill? Plus, I could save around $80.00.
I'm running a Novak Mongoose. It's inexpensive and very small.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i am running the speed pasion cirtix this is a nice esp for the price for 50 to 70 dollars
Old 01-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am running a Tekin RS. It is placed infront of the battery right behind the servo, I am using a shorty pack so it fits great
Old 01-28-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I use the Cirtix. Have a GTB2 that I havent tried yet.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Markus
I just switched to the x1 long top deck this past weekend. We had a 100+ entries for a Sweep Challenge Race.
High grip ozite carpet on a raised sub floor. lots of foam cars laying down more traction (1/12 stock and boosted, wgt).
I usually run the stock X1 bottom plate and the stock split top deck, all four post but this weekend my car felt indirect and was traction rolling with barely half the front tires sauced.
For this past weekend I ran the x1 long top deck and noticed some slight changes in the car.
Mainly for me, the switch made the car feel more direct and planted. Before the top deck my car always felt a little lofty/wander-y (not stuck down into the track) and definitely a bit rubbery in the turns.
I was able to add a wider area of traction compound to the front tires without traction rolling *Bonus* with the wider compound application, the car steered into the turns better with no fear of rolling or flipping.

For this day, it allowed me to drive the car harder.
Thanks Markus,

Thats kinda my thinking on it. As mentioned, i have nothing in front of the pack, so pretty sure it's allowing the chassis to flex a little too much on high traction, which causes my agrressive turn in, not then helped by having to run harder front springs to compensate. Run the long deck should mean I can then use softer spring/more sauce as you've noted, tightening the car up.
I'll give it a test out and report back.

Regards
Ed
Old 01-28-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nrtv20
What is everyone’s opinion on running different battery sizes?
Light battery better in corners?
Light battery loose tendencies?
Push with heavy battery?
More grip with heavy?

I have been running a 5000mah battery and I can’t seem to get the car to turn in very hard; I am running a F104 Pro. I use Shimizu 575/577 combo; kit t-plate; 2 deg camber; Soft center spring (only one I have); silver fronts (soft) heavy lube on friction disc. Mainly the rear end of the car is stiff and the front is soft.

Only suggestions I can come up with is heavier center spring and/or split upper deck.

I’m running on low grip carpet. Thoughts?
Did you try the black front springs? Too soft of a front spring will actually make the car push. A stiffer spring will often times make the car "cut" more. Also the Hi traction t bar with the cut out wraps the corners better, assuming you have the black "kit" t bar.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm running a Tekin RS.

If you will be running outdoors then get an esc that has smooth throttle adjustments for sure
Old 01-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What brushed esc would u guys recommend for the F104? Looking at Nosram Dominator Evolution and Tamiya Volac MS. I'm running silver cans and my current TEU104 esc is glitching even with a Novak glitchbuster cap installed. Using a digital servo and Sanwa RX451 receiver. Many thanks!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

I picked up a LRP speedy a while back brushed which was small and cheap from rcmart befor I bought the speed passion Citrix
Old 01-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kamenkoh
What brushed esc would u guys recommend for the F104? Looking at Nosram Dominator Evolution and Tamiya Volac MS. I'm running silver cans and my current TEU104 esc is glitching even with a Novak glitchbuster cap installed. Using a digital servo and Sanwa RX451 receiver. Many thanks!!!
I will assume you do not live in Australia as the speedy I no longer use you can have it if you would like to pay for postage its the quantum 3 LRP
Old 01-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kamenkoh
I always liked the LRP Quantums. Very small, and the QC2 was easy to tune.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

I always liked my Quantums as well...my only issue with them was the PC board plating would start to come off of the board where the wires solder on.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

You think the long top deck is good for "The C" or split top deck is the way to go?
I like the long top deck for Fredrick and Middle River. I'll probably start with the split deck for The Track and Jackson.

For those not in the MD area, that equates to long top deck for uber high traction and split top deck for loose or outdoor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.