Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 02:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default tc4

Originally posted by johnbull
Just back from our first proper test session with the TC4.

This car is just out of this world. And I am comparing it with our TC3 with which my son Josh won all 3 finals just as he pleased last weekend. So this car is already better than the quickest car on our tracks.

We ran 4 packs today, actually making very few changes. It was more a case of getting used to the car. We ran on old tyres, and generally testing equipment as opposed to race stuff, yet he still made both the same race and lap times as he did while racing last Sunday.

His comments: The car is so much easier to drive and drives so much more precisely. ou have to put much more effort into the TC3 to get a really quick lap but with this one quick laps come up so easily.

I must say that even looking at it, I could see that it was so much more agile. When he corrected mistakes the car did what he asked straight away and with total precision. Everything seemed so effortless and although it was lapping regularly on record lap times, it actually seemed as though it wasn't going fast at all. Yet the watch gave us a different story.

There's still so much we still have to try. I have a feeling this car is going to end up so much quicker. And Josh is absolutely beaming with optimism.

I asked him today if he had to choose between his all conquering TC3 and this which would he drive in a championship meeting.

There was no question about it. No hesitation. TC4.

Is it possible I've hit it so right already? I'll keep you guys posted.
Yeah jon i agree 100% same with my tc4 compared to the tc3 the first run on the track and setting a fastest ever time' that's almost 'out the box' just put on 2deg front castor block and 2deg rear toe in block and WOW it was much better than the tc3.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

Default Square parts

Hi guys, looking for a web site that sells Square parts, seems to be hard to find, I heard of rainbowten but didn't find anything...hope you can help!

Cheers!
Old 03-04-2005, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Square parts

Originally posted by Tbevofreak
Hi guys, looking for a web site that sells Square parts, seems to be hard to find, I heard of rainbowten but didn't find anything...hope you can help!

Cheers!
Speedtech in the states ,Champ or Proshop FUTABA in Japan..
anyone of these shops can help you out
-Dave
Old 03-04-2005, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

www.rc-mushroom.com also sell square parts..i find them to be very good at shipping etc..
Old 03-04-2005, 11:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

I like the mushroom also...xellent prices and fast shipping
Old 03-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

I know it's been a while but does anybody have the BMI top plate on their TC4 for the tub chassis?

I just wanted to know if it made any noticable differences because I'm considering getting one.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Which electronics will be included with the TC4 RTR?
Old 03-06-2005, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I tried the BMI top deck on my TC4, for running foam tires on carpet in mod class. I felt it made the car push more. I'm usually trying to get the car to steer more, so I took the deck back off.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

battery tape mod...

hi guys, just wondering if anyone had any pics of the battery tape mod thingy, i am looking to do it but just wondering on what exactly to take off....also any other ways of reducing weight?

thanks
matt
Old 03-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Go here
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&pagenumber=85
First pic is on the bottom of this page and the rest are on the next.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:42 AM
Tech Initiate

I really wish I would have bought a JRXS. I am not impressed one bit by the TC4, especially on tight tracks. I smoked the rear diff the 3rd time out, but I expected that. The fit of parts is sloppy, nothing new there with the associated TC.

Its really riciculous how much extra you have to buy to get a TC4 competitive in my opinion.......Graphite kit, aluminum diffs, rpm ball cups, caster blocks, rear toe block, and fix the binding drivetrain.

Ok, I feel a little better now. In general I'm just kicking myself for going with the TC4...I new better after having a TC3.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mr.No1
Which electronics will be included with the TC4 RTR?
Hi Mr. No1, here is the page on Team Associated's site with all the full details on the TC4 RTR kit and the electronics that it includes. Straight from the source!

http://www.rc10.com/shusting/Catalog...r_features.htm
Old 03-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

What binding drivetrain?

Other than the diff gears on some kits being slightly too thick (likely caused your problem), I've not seen anyone report there is binding in the drivetrain...

My car works great, I'm very new to RC (2 months) but at our track, the TC4 won A and B mains (19T) this past friday night (club night) with mine winning the B +)

I've replaced the front outdrives with lightened steel, replaced the rear blocks with alu and added alu hex's and thats about it.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by TommyGun43
I really wish I would have bought a JRXS. I am not impressed one bit by the TC4, especially on tight tracks. I smoked the rear diff the 3rd time out, but I expected that. The fit of parts is sloppy, nothing new there with the associated TC.

Its really riciculous how much extra you have to buy to get a TC4 competitive in my opinion.......Graphite kit, aluminum diffs, rpm ball cups, caster blocks, rear toe block, and fix the binding drivetrain.

Ok, I feel a little better now. In general I'm just kicking myself for going with the TC4...I new better after having a TC3.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! How can you say that. The jrxs hasn't even hit the market. Who knows, maybe that car is a piece of crap. I really like my TC4.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

thanks jack smash, thats great..just what i needed.

i will give it a go tomorrow,

thanks again
matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.